What's new

Question What do you do when you opponent respects D3/Corps Charge?

For those that don't want to read the whole post, I don't feel like I have a reliable way to deal with my opponent when I condition them to duck block my corps charge/D3.

So Lex's Corps Charge is a fantastic punisher and D3 has amazing range for poking. Unfortunately neither deal a whole lot of damage and are both unsafe. They also lose to duck blocking. Once I've punished the hell of my opponent, they get wise and start slowly approaching and duck blocking, waiting for one of those two attacks so they can punish.

Now that my opponent is no longer being aggressive I can start my offence and since they are blocking low it opens them up to my F2 overhead into combo. The problem is that I have them at the max distance of D3 but that's too far for F2. Now I could walk or dash in but Lex is way too slow to make this viable offline against an opponent who reacts quick.

Further complicating the issue is that the range of my D3 is roughly the range of Green Lantern and Superman's combo string that lead into heavy damage and can be made safe if I block it. I think I may have found two options to help me deal with this but it's just theory.

3 will send an opponent flying on hit and send them back quite a bit even on block and has fantastic range. It doesn't solve the problem but buys me time. The second is F3. F3 could punish them for staying low and waiting and it has the range to work at D3's max distance as well.

The issue with that is it's speed is slow. Any one else having this issue or am I alone?

NKZero

Noob
For those that don't want to read the whole post, I don't feel like I have a reliable way to deal with my opponent when I condition them to duck block my corps charge/D3.

So Lex's Corps Charge is a fantastic punisher and D3 has amazing range for poking. Unfortunately neither deal a whole lot of damage and are both unsafe. They also lose to duck blocking. Once I've punished the hell of my opponent, they get wise and start slowly approaching and duck blocking, waiting for one of those two attacks so they can punish.

Now that my opponent is no longer being aggressive I can start my offence and since they are blocking low it opens them up to my F2 overhead into combo. The problem is that I have them at the max distance of D3 but that's too far for F2. Now I could walk or dash in but Lex is way too slow to make this viable offline against an opponent who reacts quick.

Further complicating the issue is that the range of my D3 is roughly the range of Green Lantern and Superman's combo string that lead into heavy damage and can be made safe if I block it. I think I may have found two options to help me deal with this but it's just theory.

3 will send an opponent flying on hit and send them back quite a bit even on block and has fantastic range. It doesn't solve the problem but buys me time. The second is F3. F3 could punish them for staying low and waiting and it has the range to work at D3's max distance as well.

The issue with that is it's speed is slow. Any one else having this issue or am I alone?
Standing 3 is good as you suggested because of the push back. You want to knock opponents down and far as well so you can set up orbs, mines, and unblock able missiles etc.

To answer your question, once they block low you can always instant jump 3 which is an instant overhead. As you should know, Luthor's j+3 has terrific range and doing it instantly is a sure way to open them up. Alternatively, if you have bought time because they're respecting your options, throw out an orb, dash cancel your trait charge to get armour or whatever. That in turn will force the opponent to act more quickly and do something which may actually benefit you if you capitalise on their mistakes.