What's new

What do you do against a GA...

Gizmo235

Noob
No idea what to do against a GA, cant punish any of his moves cause they are all + on block apparently so I'm just fucked or what...

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
i use grundy online (atm) so i just block arrow, dash in, do a 52 percent combo, get my power trait, and then do 57 or 65 damage depending on my meter :3 . Finally i receive hatemail :b

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
What do you do if he already has you pinned down is my question.
Backdashes have invincible frames. F2D13 is his farthest reaching string so just block it and the pushback should allow you to get away..

If there's more specifics I kould help you out more.

You kan also go into practice mode and record the dummy so you kan test stuff.

Gizmo235

Noob
Backdashes have invincible frames. F2D13 is his farthest reaching string so just block it and the pushback should allow you to get away..

If there's more specifics I kould help you out more.

You kan also go into practice mode and record the dummy so you kan test stuff.
do any of those options work in the corner

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
do any of those options work in the corner
No. In the korner make use of the range F2D13 puts you to use your normals and out footsie him. D1 kan stuff another F2. If he's right next to you in the korner, it's a harder guessing game. If he goes for his D1 he'll stuff your moves unless you do a 6 frame move since his is 7 frames. With a 7 frame move you kan trade. If you remain defensive, then he kan get you in B23 or B13 which are +15 so he kan trap you there until he does another move or it pushes you back. Fortunately, they're 15-16 frames start up and short range so you should be able to stuff them with faster moves before he kan start it. If he does get it, either wait or pushblock. Stages also allow you to escape.

I start this match up by bending over
When he goes full screen with that ground arrow bomb I like to pray to which ever god smells the nicest
When he loads an ice arrow you gotta get out of there, like out of there.. Like rage quit match and never look back. I recommend sending a salty message because hate mail is plus on block
I'm afraid your only hope is to go on TYM and make a convincing nerf demand thread with words like "need" and "nerf" and my favourite "I think". Remember to add many capital letters to increase the volume of your plea.

And for the future I'm sorry for being absolutely no help. Green arrow man -.-

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I would say your best option in the corner is to block high as you wake up and push block right away as you you crouch. Most Green Arrows won't do a low ice arrow on wakeup, because they could do overhead->low arrow or his f2d13 (mid,low,overhead)->arrow in stead. Since Aquaman has pretty bad reversal moves, I think this is the best option, and also use a trait on your wake up as I think you cancel out any follow up from a landed ice arrow by doing that.

If Green Arrow is close and has an ice arrow stocked, always respect him. React to his mix up (don't be affraid to pushblock since his high low from far is easy to react to), and when he has wasted his arrow, pressure him with your superior normals. Green Arrow will always try to load up another ice arrow, so make sure to pressure him at all time when he doesn't have this stocked:p Also, water shield absorbs the arrow and makes him waste it!

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I start this match up by bending over
When he goes full screen with that ground arrow bomb I like to pray to which ever god smells the nicest
When he loads an ice arrow you gotta get out of there, like out of there.. Like rage quit match and never look back. I recommend sending a salty message because hate mail is plus on block
I'm afraid your only hope is to go on TYM and make a convincing nerf demand thread with words like "need" and "nerf" and my favourite "I think". Remember to add many capital letters to increase the volume of your plea.

And for the future I'm sorry for being absolutely no help. Green arrow man -.-
It`s true. The most effective thing is to just quit as soon as he loads a freeze arrow.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
You could always pushblock him and then go for like a quick attack or run back out into trident throwing range.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
aquaman fucks GA up if you ask me. D1 and Uppercut all day long man,

Your D1 has really good range so when he goes to D1 arrow you d1 him right after the blocked d1 and his arrow won't come out.

keep doing ground trident if he is trying to stay away from you and meter burn that bitch for damage when you can'

if you are having trouble with hit "pressure" just push block that shit,

the F2D13 string has to be block High-Low-High

I dunno man, if you play Aqua Balls you should not be having trouble in this match up at all, I get raped by Aquamen on a daily.

Gizmo235

Noob
Thanks for the advice guys, pushblocking is the main thing that I need to work on I think, as I rarely use it.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Thanks for the advice guys, pushblocking is the main thing that I need to work on I think, as I rarely use it.
dont forget about your trait as well, it's basically a get outta jail free card on ground combos,

and that shit only has a 6 second cool down.

Aquaman rapes Green arrow. Green Arrow can't sit back and zone in this match, Aquaman will destroy him if he tries that. You see him try to shoot an arrow, ground trident him. You see him try to load an arrow, ground trident him for free. Green Arrow is going to have to approach you. You have better reach on your normals than he does. His best reaching normal is his f2. If he jumps at you, you have the best d2 in the game. Pushblock is your friend if you can't fuzzy guard but don't forget your trait, you can use your trait to blow up anything green arrow throws at you. The trait even works on freeze arrows.

7L

Heads up!
Okay...you have a scoop. Must block low. you then you have a 1 frame window to get a f2d13 in. And a lot of the time you will be late on the input along wity the greatness of your sky alert coming out. So what I say to that. Do a string. End it in scoop until he punishes you. Then do it again. End in scoop. If he hits you and goes to ice arrow. Use your trait, put in your mic and laugh at the hreen arrow as he is probably crying because you're now blocking his already low damaging string :D

it still makes me wanna kill myself lol.

But yes, it was worse lol.
At one time I felt like this was Arrow's worst matchup by far. Do you think that's still the case then? I personally feel like I have a lot more trouble these days with Black Adam players who turtle and Superman Zoners...but I also don't think I've seen a really great aquaman in a while.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Full crouch on arrows helps against almost everyone who tries to zone him at least. I wish fire arrows did more damage.

Even though as I frequently repeat, I'm shit with Arrow, Aquaman looks and feels like still potentially his worst match. The most frustrating thing for me is how hard it is to get away from FTD - if he could just get his ass off the ground and fire jumping arrows, I think it'd help a great deal against Aquaman. I've no idea why that move still hits so high up even after they realized Black Adam being able to do it was ludicrous.