What's new

What Do You Consider Toxic In Fighting Games?

What Do You Consider Toxic In Fighting Games?

• Hitting opponent's dead body after round end

• Taunting

• Teabagging

• All of the above

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
There is a major difference between the OG gamers who have been playing fighting games since Street Fighter 2 and new the generation of young bucks we have now from what I've been seeing. Thought I'd bring a discussion to see what everybody's take on this.

Let's talk about it ;)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
For me it's none of the above. I get why those things piss some people off but I just don't let it bother me, I just keep playing my best and hopefully win as the ultimate response.

I do think hatemail is toxic though, but that's pretty much limited to online.
Well hatemail is a given so i didnt include that in the options. Been playing SC6 recently as my main game and i must say....some of them would consider all of them pretty toxic just by interacting with them....on Reddit. Yeah i know...Reddit. But i had the same feeling from the scene that played BBTag. I just feel kids these days are hella soft and are quick to call any little thing that rattles them toxic.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Agree with Blade, I think most of these things are funny, especially Tea bagging, the faster you can do it, the funnier it is.

I keep it between friends though unless someone online does it first or I want to play some mind games against an opponent who is starting to make mistakes and I want them to tilt more. Otherwise it's just showboating, I could care less.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The point of the game is to delete the opponent.
Anything other than that is superficial.
If someone is emotionally invested it's an unstable individual, not a toxic one.
I consider hatemail and harassment more toxic than whatever a person may do during a match.

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
I don't know if any of that is toxic tbh. Teabagging is one of the more frustrating things on the list, but I don't even know if I'd call that toxic per say.

honestly, one of the more toxic parts of online gaming is the lag switchers and router kickers of the world. they will ruin any fun of a match because they can't handle taking an L.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I just feel kids these days are hella soft and are quick to call any little thing that rattles them toxic.
Yeah I agree lol

Taunting is literally put into the game so I don't see a reason to get upset about it, and teabagging is just kind of funny. I don't do either of these things btw, but even when im on the receiving end of some hyper teabagging it doesn't make me mad, I just laugh it off and keep playing lol

E

Eldriken

I don't think any of that is toxic.

What I do find to be toxic is something that comes not from the game itself, but from the community. Shunning casuals, refusing to help ("git gud" doesn't help -anyone-) people seeking help, etc.

Clearly this doesn't apply to everyone because there are plenty who don't do this. However, they don't receive nearly as much attention or recognition as those who don't.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
When a low life calls someone scrub. It’s a fucking videogame. By low life I mean people with no private life, obesity, no manners or social life. Being toxic is shitty. Fatalities are enough.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
God
Not much gets to me personally, and most hate mail is pretty funny to me, but I will say this much:

Beating me, then teabagging, then doing a fatality, then hovering over rematch, and then leaving the match makes me irrationally hateful.
yes. I’m getting irritated when they win and leave and brag about it in the comments and when I want a remach abd they choose other character.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
None of it, it’s funny and fun, getting teabagged is and teabagging someone just seems like light hearted fun, I come from Halo and that happens all the time, probably more often than MK and it’s more funny than anything

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
None of those, the most 'toxic' players are the ones who constantly shout and scream on the mic (hopefully there will be a mute option in MK11), and when you get hate mail when you lose or beat someone. You can't escape it either way and it's really unnecessary.

The only game where I get people sending me positive comments was playing DOA6, saying stuff like 'Good games, that was fun'. More people need to have this attitude.

I admit sometimes I'll t-bag out of relief especially if it's a close match, but it's not meant to disrespect, it's meant to show my excitement for beating a good opponent.

E

Eldriken

None of those, the most 'toxic' players are the ones who constantly shout and scream on the mic (hopefully there will be a mute option in MK11), and when you get hate mail when you lose or beat someone. You can't escape it either way and it's really unnecessary.

The only game where I get people sending me positive comments was playing DOA6, saying stuff like 'Good games, that was fun'. More people need to have this attitude.

I admit sometimes I'll t-bag out of relief especially if it's a close match, but it's not meant to disrespect, it's meant to show my excitement for beating a good opponent.
While you may not feel like you should have to do so, it is always an option to just make your own party and sit inside of it so you don't have to hear others over their mic. Just a suggestion for in case muting them without going through eleventy-billion menus to do so isn't an option.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
The word "toxicity" doesnt belong with "fighting games".

It's a skill based genre where everything is settled in game. If someone has a bitch strat that you dont like, if they repeatedly taunt you, etc, it's fair game and your fault. It's just like complaining about people spamming or turtling the whole match. It's a distraction from holding your losses and subsequently learning from them

Salt is an important element of fighting game culture and if everyone just plays nice we might as well just play league of legends so we can blame our teammates for our own mistakes too.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
While you may not feel like you should have to do so, it is always an option to just make your own party and sit inside of it so you don't have to hear others over their mic. Just a suggestion for in case muting them without going through eleventy-billion menus to do so isn't an option.
Damn, never thought of that. Thanks!

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
The word "toxicity" doesnt belong with "fighting games".

It's a skill based genre where everything is settled in game. If someone has a bitch strat that you dont like, if they repeatedly taunt you, etc, it's fair game and your fault. It's just like complaining about people spamming or turtling the whole match. It's a distraction from holding your losses and subsequently learning from them

Salt is an important element of fighting game culture and if everyone just plays nice we might as well just play league of legends so we can blame our teammates for our own mistakes too.
I'll push back on this slightly. What's described in the OP above isn't toxic, but that doesn't mean actual toxic behavior doesn't exist or occur online in fighting games.