What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang What could be done to make Dualist Liu Kang more viable?

Frenzy

Noob
Light stance
1) make his start up on FB1 10f slower

2) reduce his recovery on air FB1 by 15f (so he can actually IA better)

3) make FB3 +10 on hit (jails F1, F2 and a "Just Frame" for F4)

4) Make DB3 recovery in 25f or make it a +1 cancel on F213 and -4 on F44

5) make DB3 give .75% health back and .25% of a bar of meter every second active for 4 seconds

Dark stance
1) make F213, SS +8 (F1 jails F2 is a "Just Frame")

2) make B34, SS +4

3) make the orbs be able to detonate when you want with a new input (FB1) like hunter predators trap

4) make his BD3
Level 1 do 4% more damage
Level 2 do 7% more damage
Level 3 have the orbs be unblockable and a 10% damage buff

@FOREVER EL1TE @Kickbykick @just_2swift @YOMI Zyphox @EMPR_MURK @all other lui kangs
Some of these buffs are a bit too much imo. Btw, f4 and f2 have the same startup. :p

Frenzy

Noob
He needs some of them I think but come on, meter building from db3(although it would make that move useful). Liu Kang is a meter building machine across all variations. I agree with all buffs towards his atrocious zoning. I don't know how to feel about exploding the orbs early. It could be cool.

Frenzy

Noob
And I don't think his damage charge really needs a buff. Level 1 and 2 aren't really that hard to get. And you're asking for damage increases.

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
He needs some of them I think but come on, meter building from db3(although it would make that move useful). Liu Kang is a meter building machine across all variations. I agree with all buffs towards his atrocious zoning. I don't know how to feel about exploding the orbs early. It could be cool.
Lol well I'd rather him take away their meter than get health so I can keep them in pressure

Light stance

5) make DB3 give .75% health back and .25% of a bar of meter every second active for 4 seconds

Dark stance

2) make B34, SS +4

3) make the orbs be able to detonate when you want with a new input (FB1) like hunter predators trap

4) make his BD3

@FOREVER EL1TE @Kickbykick @just_2swift @YOMI Zyphox @EMPR_MURK @all other lui kangs
If fb1 came out 10f slower, then that's a nerf. It's 10f faste .
Also f2 is 10 frames not 8.
The rest of the buffs wouldn't make dualist that much better

Frenzy

Noob
If fb1 came out 10f slower, then that's a nerf. It's 10f faste .
Also f2 is 10 frames not 8.
The rest of the buffs wouldn't make dualist that much better
I know you've been asked this many of times, but what are your suggestions for dualist buffs?

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
There are probably a ton of people more knowledgeable on Dualist to talk about this subject, but I'll take shot at it.

Light stance projectiles definitely need to either be faster or have less recovery. As it is now, save for EXbf1, light stance is a worse variationless Liu Kang. Dark stance seems to be in a decent spot right now. It just needs something to justify setting up orbs with a low chance of getting something from it if someone knows the matchup. Kang doesn't have the mixups to capitalize on an orb setup.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Light stance

Dark stance

2) make B34, SS +4

4) make his BD3

Some of these are good

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Light stance

Maybe Dualist does not need faster zoning because Dualist is a mix of a lot of things... It would make more sense if his zoning be more plus on hit because his zoning is heavy.

I disagree at all about making his healing faster on recovery because it would be broken. He would have very good healing run cancel. Liu Kang already has an run cancel variation.
His healing should be faster when he heals, but 0.75% and 0.25 of a bar of meter every second active for 4 seconds is a weird buff... just make he heals 1% while Kang helds the animation and 3% when he releases the animation. It would be a high risk/high reward move.

Dark stance

2) make B34, SS +4
I don't know if he needs to jail after his SS... I think that he needs better frame links to combo. Just make Metamorphosis 1 frame faster, it would not make he jail stuffs, but it would make his frame links better to combo. I think it's more fair :p

That's interesting.

4) make his BD3
Too much. It would be broken :p

There is a thread about proposed dualist buffs: http://testyourmight.com/threads/dualist-liu-kang-kommunity-project-proposed-dualist-buffs.57074/