What's new

What charcter should I learn

i dont wanna be a n00b who only uses robo smoke...... i wanna be a good player... why do i suck!? any pointer to help me at all.... would be greatly appreciated. :(

Every1 should learn usub or know how to use him. He is the most basic and easy to learn character in the game next to lui kang. He is an all around above average character. If you're good enough with him, you should be controlling the match pace at all times. I would rate him as one of the best to use in any game against almost any characters.

Derek

Noob
I can't really tell you a character to learn. However I suggest learning any top tier character. I myself love H. Smoke, Ermac, and U.Sub. Even though U. Sub isn't considered a top tier character in his character guide he really can be a beast if you know how to use him.

Kabal is a good character to learn because you can play him aggresively or use his fireballs to force the opponent to chase you.
Just picking Kabal gives you an advantage in a fight because people will give you the respect of not outright rushing you when you're down which gives you a chance to set up.
He's easy to use, you can use the HP, HP, d+HP pop up, it's all on the same button, you'll never miss it.

I agree with H. Smoke and Ermac. Their easiest combos can be upgraded as you improve.

~Example~
H. Smoke: spear, HK, LP, (walk forward) aaHP, spear, HK, LP, JK, airthrow.

After that gets too easy you can change it up. Instead of aaHP do a tele punch, change the 2 hit pop up at the end to 3, etc.

Derek

Noob
DAVE101 said:
I agree with H. Smoke and Ermac. Their easiest combos can be upgraded as you improve.

~Example~
H. Smoke: spear, HK, LP, (walk forward) aaHP, spear, HK, LP, JK, airthrow.

After that gets too easy you can change it up. Instead of aaHP do a tele punch, change the 2 hit pop up at the end to 3, etc.
Then you can go HK LP launcher, JK, Teleport Punch, Spear, HK LP launcher, JK, Air Throw for 52% damage. Pretty easy combo after you get it a few times.

dreemernj

Ambassador
If you are new to the game you should probably get good with the basics too. Get to know uppercuts, roundhouses, how to place standing kicks. Pick some characters and don't use any of their special moves. Just practice playing others using the basics and add the special moves in once you feel like you have a good command over the basic stuff.

Don't forget that different characters have different quality uppercuts, roundhouse kicks, sweeps(can be very different between chars). That's an aspect a lot of people skip over in favor of the character with the most abuseable special and biggest easiest combos.

XL

Noob
Why not just go to arcade mode and try out all of the characters? Just find who you work best with.

Even though Robot Smoke is easy, not many people use him that well. Who knows, you might find you are way better with another character.