What's new

What Can Jacqui Punish With b2?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So normally Jacqui players have been using b22 as kind of a check for movement or other things, just outside of footsie range. I've been seeing a lot of b22~dash punch, etc. to keep opponents from getting cute in neutral.

But we don't often talk about the fact that b2~kicks is actually a pretty satisfactory long-range punish, leading to 30% off f12 f12~clinch. B2 is an 18-frame starter.

So I'm wondering: for moves which are unsafe frames-wise, but leave the opponent spaced too far away for f12, has anyone found things that are punishable with b2~kicks (it could either be on block, or something that just recovers slowly on whiff, like a zoning tool)? I'm going to go through the moveset soon and look, but it'd be cool to compile a list of what people already have.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Starting a list as I find things:
Jade's Fatal Blow
Kano's Fatal Blow
Scorpion's Fatal Blow
Sonya's Fatal Blow

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Scorpions chain spin chip move. I punish with b2 into db4
You can’t punish it with b2 if the Scorpion spaces it properly. Only can punish it with bionic dash when it’s properly spaced. A good Scorpion only will do it not spaced properly if it will chip kill.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I do use it for an easy punish after ducking cassie's second shot in mb low gun. you probably can just dash up punish anyway but b2 is consistent and easy. I imagine that is just a gimmick that cassie players should already be phasing out anyway but if the situation comes up.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
While I’ve not tested Jacqui extensively, I have tested Kitana’s b231 which is in a similar position for punishing moves at longer range but having 17 frames of startup. Here are a list of things that it could punish that her faster combo starters could not. Not saying they will all work, but it would at least give you a good starting point to narrow things down before you go testing absolutely everything (trust me, it’s insanity inducing :oops:) Test the following:

Shao Kahn:

Amp Hammer Lunge
Fatal Blow

Frost:

B12
Fatal Blow close range only

Johnny Cage:

Fatal Blow

Sonya:

b23d3
Leg Breaker
Fatal Blow close range