What's new

Question What buffs would Noob need to become S-tier?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So these people "decided' to make everyone top tier without asking the players permission, taking random requests from people who are not the best/second best with their character, thus perhaps not truly understanding what the character needs or have experience for years with fighting games and do it publicly without tagging the top players.

These balancing decisions should be made with people like brady, reo etc.

also, id like to bring up www.projectmgame.com thats the website for the brawl mod that seeks to make it play more like melee and balance it overall. they left the top 4 characters exactly the same, and then brought everyone up to their level. .
No, Meta Knight was changed. He was nerfed though given some stuff to compensate.

So these people "decided' to make everyone top tier without asking the players permission, taking random requests from people who are not the best/second best with their character, thus perhaps not truly understanding what the character needs or have experience for years with fighting games and do it publicly without tagging the top players.

Why would they need to ask permission to do what they want with their own mod?

I do agree, the very idea of buffing everyone to S-tier is a recipe for disaster- all it will do is make it so every character has equal parts 2-8 and 8-2 MU's. You won't have characters with all winning or all losing matchups, but you'll end up with characters that have half 2-8's and half 8-2's.

But given the amount of people who actually think this is a good approach, I think a mod that does this and shows how bad the results are will be a good way to settle that argument. I mean, people justify Kabal and Kenshi by saying "it's not a 1 character game". The implication is its OK for a game to have broken characters, so long as there's more than one- because S-tier characters can still still possibly lose every now and then:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-official-kabal-crybaby-thread.16693/
http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-best-kabals-got-taken-down-once-again.36253/
http://testyourmight.com/threads/kabal-is-unbeatable-and-mk9-is-a-1-character-game-tym-2013.39749/

What better way to show how bad an idea that is than to actually do it?

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Shadows can be MB'd for a juggle
Armor on his MB Teleport

That would make him very good, still wouldn't make him top 3 though.

Flagg

Noob

Let's just have a forum and community that only consists of 10 guys oh wise an omniscient Quark.

Wasn't it the so called pros that nuked Scorpion into the ground?

If I want to make a thread asking for 1 frame upball, il make one. I don't need to shoot Tom fucking Brady a PM asking for permission first.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Or they could just give him armor on his upknee. >:) Mind you, he would be broken in the corner.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Hitoshura what was his upknee like on release week? was it just a big area of fuck you?

Or they could just give him armor on his upknee. >:) Mind you, he would be broken in the corner.
so basically if kenshi's shoulder charge had an upwards hitbox lol.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Hitoshura what was his upknee like on release week? was it just a big area of fuck you?
Yes, it was his "fuck out my face!" move. He also had a meter glitch involving EX Upknee on certain characters where if I AA someone with an EX Upknee it would not use a full bar of meter, but less than a quarter of one bar. This allowed me to AA with EX Upknee and get my meter to full after 2 successful shadow tackles, LMAO!!!!

Yeah, it's known fact that aqueduct zoners just cannot handle pressure.

In order to deal with pressure, Noob needs to be buffed to at least a pipeline zoner.
I wish I could spell. -_-

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Yes, it was his "fuck out my face!" move. He also had a meter glitch involving EX Upknee on certain characters where if I AA someone with an EX Upknee it would not use a full bar of meter, but less than a quarter of one bar. This allowed me to AA with EX Upknee and get my meter to full after 2 successful shadow tackles, LMAO!!!!

I wish I could spell. -_-
he needs it though

PingLH

Noob
My idea was on EX-Running Man or Slide to be able to cancel out of them so even if they block right your on top of them for pressure, free grab if done up close

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I always found how easy his strings would wiff being a huge problem.

It meant that IMO, Noob straight up couldn't beat a top Kung Lao that knew the matchup through and through. Noob just had nothing at his disposal that could touch him, and would get messed up heavily for just doing a string as the opponent jumps etc.

More damage would have been a hell of a start. Especially as his portal resets are super easy to evade.