What's new

General/Other What Batman Thread Needs...

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
The people I have tagged are tagged because they are either really good Batmains and I know it, or I'm not sure how good they are but they seem to know what they are talking about. Some are very active members in the Batman forum, others aren't...but here's just 2 things that I believe our forum needs to unlock our main's full potential as a character and to really help new Batmans learn how to play him. The only reason I really can't do any of them is I'm relying on a phone to do everything on here so creating threads is a hassle, but this feels like it needs to be addressed....cuz our Batman forum is damn near dead.

1. A Batman Guide! You see Superman with fuckin 45 guides, Black Adam has one...most characters do. We don't...this could really help our whole Batman community. Anybody with credentials and the time (I know I'll be asking much for some of you, for I'm not sure how much free time any of you have) should consider putting one together with basic BnBs, utilizing character powers, strategies for that amazing b23, character strategies and so-on...there are a lot of things new Batmains are missing because our forum is a maze...a good guide will clean up the, seemingly, most sporadic character forum on TYM.

2. Match-up discussion that has an actually updated OP. No need for someone to go through 25+ pages to read how to correctly play a Nightwing or a Catwoman or a whatever. If someone who is on enough can read through newer posts and update MU breakthroughs then that'd increase the ability to prepare for tournaments as a whole and just help people with matchups they are struggling on.

Like I said, I would take the liberty to do one of these if I had internet at my house...I'm on my POS not-a-smart phone typing this whole thing out lol Thanks for any and all suggestions, thoughts, and to the ones willing to help.

SOT Semi Evil Ryu
DarthArma
RapZiLLa54
FOREVER KING
Reptile Orion

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
@SOT Semi Evil Ryu
@DarthArma
@RapZiLLa54
@FOREVER KING
McPeak

I'm in and willing to help anyway I can. I work during the day and usually check TYM in early mornings and evenings but I'm flexible. How does everyone want to get started?

We could always start by collaborating and providing commentary on the following:

Basics
  • Movement, dash etc.
  • Normals
  • Basic combos
Special Moves
  • Damage, frame data
  • When to use them and when not to use them
Trait
  • How to incorporate it into combos
  • Offensive purposes
  • Defensive purposes
Wakeup Options

Combos
  • BnB off of special moves, normals, and basic combos
  • What combos to use in certain situation and the ideal way to end them
Rushdown Strategies and how to maximize when an opponent is in the corner

Zoning with Trait and Batarangs

Stage Selection

How to practice

This is a template that karaokelove used for a Deathstroke guide (that is one of the best character guides on TYM in my opinion). I'm not sure how much he uses Batman but I'm sure he'd be willing to provide feedback.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I've been debating doing a guide for a long time now. I did the combo thread/video and the parry guide and have gone into depth with his different reset potential in various threads. I'm not sure what else there is to do. I've also done a matchup chart and have given advice on most matchups. All of his tech is here already in some shape or form.

Matchup thread
Parry Guide
Batman Reset
General Discussion
Combo thread

I've been wanting to do this too. But I feel there are still alot of things I need to learn about this game, alot of characters I need to learn how to fight. Not feeling great after getting 3-0ed by dragon god last night. I just don't feel comfortable at all in that match up and need alot of work there.

Def in to help write a guide

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
RapZiLLa54
Yeah, I know all that shit is in the forum so it won't be really hard to get it started. And yeah you've made a lot of great threads lol that's why I invited you....well, that and your nice ass

DarthArma
Your knowledge vs Aquaman would be hella helpful tho, Aquaman is one of my worst MUs cuz you just can't ji on dude

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Busy holiday weekend and professional commitments. I'll have more availability starting tomorrow and plan on providing commentary regarding the Bats guide.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
RapZiLLa54 said he is making a video guide. What we need now is a MU discussion with someone who will change shit as the creator of the thread
Understood. If RapZilla is making a video guide are we still going to move forward with a written one? I can contribute some MU info tomorrow.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The guide is a great idea...

This is the topic TYM deserves, but not the topic it needs right now.

What it needs is batman guides. Us banes are working on one as well. 15 parts, it'll be huge.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I've put Batman down to learn a bunch of different characters, but he's my main. I can help as far as the online guide goes because I know what works, and what doesn't. I think a guide would be great to teach the new people that want to get into Batman how to play with him. The karaoke love guide is the best hands down in my opinion too. I'm down.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
there will not be a need to...I'll go ahead and make a living match-up thread
Heres my MU chart if you want to run with this for starters.

Going to give a MU Chart a shot.

Aquaman 4-6 his trait negates ours

Ares 5-5

Bane 6-4 Has to come to us

Batgirl 5-5 Still learning this one, shes annoying as hell.

Black Adam 4-6 I think this will become 5-5 soon enough. He has no answer for neutral/back jumping

Catwoman 6-4 she has to do a lot of work to get in

Cyborg 5-5 No more block infinite yay

Deathstroke 5-5 One of my favorite matches to play

Doomsday 5-5 I'm thinking this might be in Batmans favor as things progress

Flash 5-5 With all his buffs now hes pretty scary but still has to get in.

Green Arrow 6-4 We outzone him, grapple or bats when he tries to pull out arrows. mb b3 causes him problems

Green Lantern 6-4 Just stay away from him and be patient. You can win the zoning war and when you're out of b1 range he suffers.

Harley Quinn 6-4 Have to stay in tight so she can't get her zoning going but watch out, her sweep is plus.

Hawkgirl 5-5? Not enough experience so I'm not sure but I know up batarang and sky hook give her trait of flight fits.

Joker 7-3 Batarang animation goes under Joker gun shot for whatever reason making it even more laughable

Killer Frost 5-5 We can punish slide with Bats which they have to respect.

Lex 6-4

Lobo 6-4, 7-3?

Nightwing 4-6 When he gets in its scary and his ability to outzone us in staff stance make this one tough

Raven 5-5? .....

Shazam 4-6 This match drives me insane. His d1 (batmans kryptonite) is great and he can spam torpedo on us. Even with bats, its difficult to punish and he has a great j2 as well. With all his wake up or die setups and Batman getting practically no damage off slide, he has nothing to fear.

Sinestro 5-5? ...

Grundy 6-4 He has to come to you and bats plus any combo string or f3/b3 beat out his WC.
Every blocked swamp hands allows us to get a batarang on screen. He also can't jump over mb batarangs

Scorpion 5-5 We can full combo every special he has.

Superman 5-5 Parry doesn't allow him most of his mixups so you can always block low and then parry 22*3 on reaction. Also nj2 beats f23 ice breathe loop.

Wonder Woman 6-4 She has to come to you so you can create a wall of bats and up batarang for win/win situations.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Batman vs Batman is 7-3 in batman favor

When batman has trait, batman has no choice but to be patient and wait for his opportunity, lets not even get started on J2 batman cant handle batman's j2, i see no way batman can win this without doing some seriously punishable stuff just my thoughts on the matchup

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Batman vs Batman is 7-3 in batman favor

When batman has trait, batman has no choice but to be patient and wait for his opportunity, lets not even get started on J2 batman cant handle batman's j2, i see no way batman can win this without doing some seriously punishable stuff just my thoughts on the matchup
hateception