What's new

what are your personal thoughts in mk11 that holding back to be very good game?

i know alot people are not happy with mk11 how they handle it etc it is not bad game at all im one half people who like this game but it had alot flaws that need to b fix.also the crazy people who keep spamming mileena in ed twitter page every post the only thing im disappointing is the lack of support of nrs not listen to fan feedback.i know they work very hard to make this game better try their best hear our voices i just hope when kp2 comes they really need to start listen before things get worse pc players still had hard time with game i know other studio handle the pc port. this no excuses i really do not want this game end up like injustice 2 died after one year.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Communication/marketing strategy.

They do not communicate clearly or directly with the players, and they do things on the last moment. Why not having survey/request/polls, ask & answer sessions on twitch ?

They seem afraid or unauthorized to talk/communicate, except some tweets and trolls...

They do not communicate clearly or directly with the players, and they do things on the last moment. Why not having survey/request/polls, ask & answer sessions on twitch ?

They seem afraid or unauthorized to talk/communicate, except some tweets and trolls...
agree i rather had them do something like that so everyone voice can be heard things can get better when kp2 is coming not worry about the trolls.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
no chance .... every new era NRS game (talking about MK9 and forward) , is dead once the next game come out .... it's simple the modus operandi of the FGC for MK, and how naturally works ....

this game (MK11), sure, will extend a bit long than usual, probably, with support and content until 2022 ..... after that, its life cycle/span is not guaranteed to hold up , so ...

anyway, as a product, MK11 is pretty good, not perfect, that's for sure, but, it's a very good fighting game, and deserved to be bought and played, for those that enjoy the fighting game genre in videogames ....

pretty tough to please everyone, in fact, it's impossible, so, yep, will always exist the haters and complainers about something (or everything) that NRS does now and in future, it's unavoidable ..... so, it's up to each fan on his/her own, individually , judge by himself/herself, if MK11 worths your money and time ..... ;)

for me, worths a lot; MK is, overall, pretty much superior to Street Fighter, Tekken, Doa, Soul Calibur and Killer Instinct; not in all aspects, but , majority of them, so, that's it. :p

no chance .... every new era NRS game (talking about MK9 and forward) , is dead once the next game come out .... it's simple the modus operandi of the FGC for MK, and how naturally works ....

this game (MK11), sure, will extend a bit long than usual, probably, with support and content until 2022 ..... after that, its life cycle/span is not guaranteed to hold up , so ...

anyway, as a product, MK11 is pretty good, not perfect, that's for sure, but, it's a very good fighting game, and deserved to be bought and played, for those that enjoy the fighting game genre in videogames ....

pretty tough to please everyone, in fact, it's impossible, so, yep, wil always exist the haters and complainers about something (or everything) that NRS does now and in future, it's unavoidable ..... so, it's up to each fan on his/her own, individually , judge by himself/herself, if MK11 worths your money and time ..... ;)

for me, worths a lot; MK is, overall, pretty much superior to Street Fighter, Tekken, Doa, Soul Calibur and Killer Instinct; not in all aspects, but , majority of them, so, that's it. :p
yea i been know they gonna stop 2022 start working on injustice 3 then 2028 mk12 will be out but better

Actually nerf and fix fatal blows.

Custom tournament variations or just better 3rd variations or add 4th variations with unsued moves. You know, all the fun ones.

And maybe adding a wifi filter would make me play ranked again.
i really agree with the wifi filler but the only bad thing about is the netcode and people with bad internet getting pair up with someone out of country im looking at you sfv. if they add 4th variations they better add klassic moves

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
i really agree with the wifi filler but the only bad thing about is the netcode and people with bad internet getting pair up with someone out of country im looking at you sfv. if they add 4th variations they better add klassic moves
Agreed, more classic moves, please!

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.

I would like to completely agree with this post and add that I found the entire meta boring. I played Kotal and his gameplan combined with the glut of characters who just run his shit, plus uneven online connections have completely run me off the game. I uninstalled it months ago and have never looked back, and don't miss it at all. And I hate to say that, because I love MK. But I just don't give two shits about this game anymore. About the third time I got absolutely fucking OBLITERATED by Jacqui's 3rd variation, and realized that I literally had no way to deal with anything she did, and thought about having to grind my face off in training mode to have even the slightest chance of victory, my mind was made up. I deleted the game that day. And nothing I have seen subsequently tempts me to come back.

Zviko

Noob
What exactly is wrong with PC version though? Apart from getting patches 1 week later it's exactly the same game for me as it was on PS4.

I don't think there's anything holding it back. I think it's a very good game. I wouldn't buy 2 copies if I didn't think so. I do want some changes like throw KBs completely gone, mid cmnd grabs not ticking or changed to highs, throws not eating down pokes and highs not whiffing on crouch block and whiffing issues in general fixed. Oh, and Reptile.

But I think they do listen. Since release they changed many highly requested stuff like they reduced how many KL points you lose, added KL gear in The Krypt and some of it to ToT, they made it much easier to unlock stuff through brutal difficulty in ToT and this last patch has some recently most requested changes like throw KBs, Fatal Blows and jump kicks. On top of that they did buff/nerf characters we wanted although those who we didn't want too (eg Skarlet) which is a bit questionable. But they listen, the only problem is it takes too long for patches.

mrapchem

Noob
  • Uneven risk/reward distribution among various characters - some characters like Raiden, Sub-Zero, Scorpion have normals, strings and specials that are designed to have clear weaknesses while other characters like Jaqcui, Liu Kang, and Geras seem to be able to do all things very well in most of their matchups because their weaknesses are mitigated
  • Confusion or false advertisement over the role of variations and custom moves in the game
  • Unequal distribution of Krushing Blow/Fatal Blow viability across the cast - some characters have KBs that can be done accidentally in every match, while other characters are lucky to even obtain a KB, plus some characters' Fatal Blows stop the opponent from playing neutral due to their armor, speed and range
  • Unequal distribution of viable U2 & U3 attacks between the characters(which has been addressed by the latest patch)
  • Pervasive hitbox issues throughout the cast, especially for smaller male characters and female characters, causing mids to whiff in certain circumstances
  • Kombat League being an unregulated quagmire of buffoonery where people are punished for either not playing the game or by losing to someone ranked much lower than they are when such a match between the two opponents likely shouldn't have occurred to begin with
  • Online gameplay not allowing players to filter out certain players based on connection type or speed - players' W/L record and win odds should be removed from all modes except Ranked and replaced with Wired/Wi-Fi connection type and signal speed/stability
  • Character anti-airs are not uniformly strong or consistent throughout the cast/Jump-in Kicks are far too powerful and rewarding(addressed by the latest patch)
  • Poke/throw meta is too strong/rewarding for the risk that is taken - most characters have 6 - 8 frame pokes that have very little recovery frames and block advantage, thus allowing them to be machine-gunned until the opponent blocks, which leads into an untechable throw
  • Character breakaways occur far too often by accident and too little on purpose when the player is actually inputting the command. The input should be changed so that they occur more consistently and should lead to a delayed wake-up so that the aggressor isn't full-combo punished for making the correct read
Yet, with all the aforementioned issues that I believe prevent Mortal Kombat 11 from reaching its fullest potential to be the greatest NRS title ever made, the game is still quite enjoyable to me and deserves support and dedication from its players due to NRS's flexibility and willingness to both innovate and listen to player requests in order to provide a compelling product. I believe that it is imperative that players continue to vociferously list their valid concerns with the game, but also make efforts to avoid the temptation of becoming jaded and toxic when desired changes don't occur fast enough.

What exactly is wrong with PC version though? Apart from getting patches 1 week later it's exactly the same game for me as it was on PS4.

I don't think there's anything holding it back. I think it's a very good game. I wouldn't buy 2 copies if I didn't think so. I do want some changes like throw KBs completely gone, mid cmnd grabs not ticking or changed to highs, throws not eating down pokes and highs not whiffing on crouch block and whiffing issues in general fixed. Oh, and Reptile.

But I think they do listen. Since release they changed many highly requested stuff like they reduced how many KL points you lose, added KL gear in The Krypt and some of it to ToT, they made it much easier to unlock stuff through brutal difficulty in ToT and this last patch has some recently most requested changes like throw KBs, Fatal Blows and jump kicks. On top of that they did buff/nerf characters we wanted although those who we didn't want too (eg Skarlet) which is a bit questionable. But they listen, the only problem is it takes too long for patches.
I own PC port and ps4 PC port everyone still have issues starting up the game getting crashing mid game also the online cheaters ruin online it's on YT they kinda do listen but they still didn't get it right time Brady already break it down

Xelz

Go over there!
I'm starting to get back into MK11 because, to be fair to NRS, they have been fixing - and fixed - some of the problems holding back this game. For example, penalizing disconnects in KL, adding third variations, gradual (rather than pendulum-swinging) balance improvements, adding multiplayer rewards, etc.

What's still holding back MK11? For single player content (and the casual audience), the towers are still annoying. Yes, they're easy now, but that doesn't make them fun. It basically kills the opportunity to draw new players into the game and franchise.

For online and competitive play, two things. First, MK11 feels like a toned-down MKX. Boon said they were going for a strategic, neutral-heavy game, and instead they ended up with another pressure/momentum MK that does what MKX did, just not as well. Not that I have anything against MKX - I loved the game - but if they're going for something new and different, actually make the game new and different rather than a neutered version of the last game.

Second, and I'm going to take flak for this, MK11 could've been a FGC game changer if NRS figured out how to balance and release custom variations in competitive play. NRS said they couldn't balance custom load outs, and I'll take them at their word, but that's more of an admission of lack of competence on their part. Considering that other FGC titles have multiple character select options, such as BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, it's not like this feat is impossible. It's just harder than normal. Kudos to NRS for recognizing their limits and staying within them, however those limits also prevent MK11 from achieving greatness and setting a new standard for competitive play.

Zviko

Noob
everyone still have issues starting up the game getting crashing mid game also the online cheaters ruin online
I've been one of the lucky ones then. On PC for 4 months now and I haven't experienced any of that. Some desyncs here and there, nothing game-breaking.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Guaranteed that anyone who can’t admit that MK11 is a good game now, especially after this most recent patch, won’t be able to admit it in the future, no matter what they change.

This isn’t to say that it’s perfect — but there are things that can be improved in every fighting game.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
If MK 11 redid all the universal gameplay mechanics(BA's, WU's, Pokes, slow, floaty jumps, horrible hitboxes, balanced KB's, FB's, OP Throws etc, etc) so they actually work properly, made everything unlockable via the krypt, ToT and not some "exclusively" in KL, had a better roster and 4 player tag again this game would be much better tbh. The main reason I'm sticking with it is for Fujin, that's it with luck they'll put Michael Myers in one of the future KP's. If not for the DLC though I'd most likely drop this game.

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
There's a lot I love, bearing in mind that I don't know or even understand what any of the competitive terms used regularly on this forum even mean... I have no idea what footsies are except in an erotic under the restaurant table context (and I just love to be on the receiving end of, haha). A whiff is what you smell when something stinks and you only slightly inhale the awful aroma. A get up attack is what happens when you wake me up early on a weekend. I always thought meta is being self-referencial in a media form that sort of breaks the fourth wall... and god knows what D1 and D2 and any other numbers with letters beside them are haha.

No point educating me, I play this game by myself for the storyline and to win clothes for the little fighty people in my TV :D

ANYWAY, as a Mortal Kombat game, it feels incomplete without stage fatalities. Even just one. This was a glaring issue on MK Deadly Alliance, my god that game felt like part of Mortal Kombat was missing in that game, especially that stage that was like a giant drum skin stretched over a huge oriental pit between statues. A nice and simple one that just makes you go "oooh ouch" like the classic Pits 1 & 2 is all that's needed, don't need to go over the top. But surely it must have crossed their minds when they designed Shaolin Trap Dungeon, Kotal's Koliseum, Koilseum Beast Pen, or perhaps even Kharon's Ship and Lost Hive of the Kytinn, and they must have said "and they can kill their opponent on those spinning blades/open pit/giant monsters/bottomless blood sea/nest of giant insects... right? What do you mean no?"

Oh and replace Sonya's voice acting, my god it's just awful.

In terms of its gameplay I love it, feels like a very solid evolution of the original trilogy and thats why i enjoy it so much. It really lost me during the 3D era but this feels like a beautiful evolution of classic MK2 for the modern age, I especially love how some attacks like Kung Lao's Dive Kick is the EXACT same controls as what I instinctively remember from when I was 12.

I would have preferred if the DLC characters had been released as Mortal Kombat characters first, then movie characters second. I don't want Terminator, Joker and Spawn in my game personally, but ended up with Terminator in it as I just wanted something new whilst waiting for Sindel, but really don't like that stuff. And now I can't remove Terminator. MK's lore is strong enough it doesn't need special guests. Give me Sereena with some real care and love, a more Chinese Ghost Story-designed Ashrah, etc. I don't need Arnie and a weird hook nosed clown man who doesn't even look like a human being. And if you're going to get in a character once played by Michael Jai White of Mortal Kombat Legacy (Spawn), why not get him to play Jax? That said, other than Sonya who is woefully played by a very bored sounding Ronda Rousey, most of of the voice and facial model work is utterly superb.

Some characters still need some major shake ups to their wardrobes, Cassie and Jacqui are really the runt of the roster whilst they seemed to have made such an effort with them in MKX. I'm happy with my Skarlet, since I'm fortunate enough to have both Klassic Ninja and Kold War, but most people have nothing but three variations of the desert rags and three variations of dominatrix. Which ultimately only give her two looks, just a bunch of minor variants of those. I've got 4 distinctly different looking Skarlets, most people are sadly lumbered with only two. Jacqui's skins are almost all garbage (only like BOLO myself) and the less said about Cassie's space suits and metal goggles the better. Her new aerobic gear is a big improvement, but as we've discussed elsewhere could still be way better (what's with the dirty gym socks? A girl like Cassie would wear invisible socks and have nothing but bare ankle, you can guarantee it). Oh and please cut her hair!

Do I think the grind has been excessive? Yes I guess... yet I've had a really horrible year last year. My sister died and I lost the love of my life to mental illness, all the while working in social services to support people whose lives are awful whilst my own one's pushing me to my limits. I kind of valued having a game franchise I'd loved since I was 10 make me want to play it every day and treat me to silly rewards if I checked in. Getting a Jade skin in her classic colours helped give me a silly trivial boost and made me feel like a kid again when my real world felt rotten. Was it a needless drawn out chore, yes, but it kept me slightly grounded, helped me hold onto myself via something happy from my childhood when things were very hard indeed. Sorry, don't mean to be heavy, but it's amazing what these little things that make us smile can do for us when there's a lot of negativity in your life. So I dunno, probably the wrong guy to ask about whether the work vs reward level in this game feels fair. It's actually helped keep me going, it's helped keep the demons at bay... life's a funny thing eh.

Last edited:

Slymind

Noob
I already love the game, but out of my head without the need to even discuss

Fatal blows one time only in any situation
4th variation
Krushing blows rework, reduce damage in favor of popups, setups or anything more dynamic other than it being a pocket Fatal blow.
MUSIC!!!! I cannot think of one memorable tune across all modern NRS games, The studio stage's song is cool, but it's a remix of the MK old theme.

Art Lean

Noob
MUSIC!!!! I cannot think of one memorable tune across all modern NRS games, The studio stage's song is cool, but it's a remix of the MK old theme.
That's actually very true. Considering they embraced the 1995 movie so much this game with Shang Tsung, using a remix of the Immortals' Techno Syndrome in the trailer, the reptile statue, Goro's dining table and the general ambient music in the Krpyt, not to mention Christopher Lambert in the French TV ad, I'd have been utterly overjoyed if they'd actually just put in Mutha's Day Out's What U See as the soundtrack to Black Dragon Fight Club (the music played as Sonya and Jax stormed the club in the movie with their shotguns), that'd be stunning and so much better than the bland sludgy soundtrack it has in the game. I very much doubt that'd have cost much to licence.

You can't tell me that the Black Dragon Fight Club level wasn't based on this, so let's have it sound like that:

Last edited:

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
The blows, meters, and variations are what do it for me. I feel like they were shooting for a more simple, neutral based games, but the inclusions of the blows and weird meter management is what really holds this game back imo. What made mk9 so much fun was that is was a pretty barebones game. Simple use of ex moves and xrays.