What's new

What are your personal goals for MK11?

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
1) Participate in more weekly local tourneys. Versus Gaming Center is a bit far for me, but I might have to drive the 2 hours if there's nothing closer.

2) Play more ranked. I barely played ranked in MKX (crap), but I did want that Noob Kombat Card. I'm claiming my Kombat Card this time!

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I'm going to try to master one character and learn all the match ups. I say this every game, but I end up playing multiple characters which probably impedes my development. I definitely think I'm one of those players that needs to stick with one character to maximize my success. Oh, that character will be Rain if he's in the game.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Ugh,,,just shut the hell up and do what u need to do in the lab to counter every freaking character/variation dude. Your wordiness indicates that you have a lotta clutter in your head. Smooth it out and you may start winning. Goals....plan of action....observation...selfcorrection...(facepalm) u a middleschool teacher?
That's the point. I do have a lot clutter in my head. The goals, the plan of action, the observation, the self correction. It's all a part of "smoothing it out". Thanks, man. You're absolutely right.

My goal is to just be there day 1. Between Injustice 1 and MKX, I decided fighting games would be too much of a time sink. So I bought the "complete/legendary" editions of MKX and Injustice 2, well past their prime and after the gameplay had already developed. But I miss being there from the start, seeing the meta evolve, crying about buffs/nerfs, learning and coming up with strategies for a character with the community, etc.

AbeW

Noob
That's the point. I do have a lot clutter in my head. The goals, the plan of action, the observation, the self correction. It's all a part of "smoothing it out". Thanks, man. You're absolutely right.
Don't know if you're a guitar/violin player, etc...But, you should have enough practice/ repeated exposure to recorded problem scenarios in the lab on different matchups to transcend the logical step by step decision making process. (Goals/actions/etc is still slow logic.) That marks the removal of clutter (smoothing it out) where it all becomes intuitive and faster (auto-pilot). Only at this stage are you able to focus on high level reads of your opponent and fk with your opponent's head.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
When are you getting caught? After plus frames? I know tick grabs are tough. Your first reaction is usually not to jump after blocking a poke.
Yes, usually right after a button that would otherwise be plus, right into a tick grab. Focusing on blocking overhead or low and get caught with the grab

Espio

Kokomo
I always strive to have very realistic goals when I come into new fighters.

1. Try a character outside of my comfort zone as I feel it helps us to grow as players.

2. Produce guides for my one to two mains (going back to my video format from days of old).

3. Put out a lot of Youtube/Twitch content: Tutorials, streaming, match up advice/strategy and more.

4. Most importantly: just have fun again, troll again and be totally infatuated with a fighter again.

5. Strive to be a positive, open minded, and patient as I was for Injustice 1 and MK9.

6. I've been to a lot of tournaments over the years, but never EVO so that is something I'm looking forward to checking out if not 2019 then 2020 perhaps.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Goals:

1. Play regularly, especially ranked. Most fighting games I feel like I spend 90% of my time in forums or watching videos, and too little time actually playing, so I struggle to get much better.
2. If you were to make hypothetical online ranks of Rookie, Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc... I want to get to that Silver rank. Some level where I can easily handle the super casual player, and at least feel like I know what I'm doing against good players, even if I can't always keep up.
3. Find some online friends to be able to play with semi-regularly.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It'd be interesting to re-visit this thread in a year. Or create a follow up thread where people quote their original goals and give a quick update on how it's gone.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Oh boy,

I got out of Injustice 2 with the worst attitude that I've ever had. I quit social media because all I did was just post toxic stuff and argue with people, and that didn't help the community at all. I took some time to get my school marks up and learn my priorities in my real life. I like what's been happening. Gaming's on the backburner for sure, I won't be able to put the time into MK11 like I did MKX, but I have a few things I wanna do.

1) I miss the days when I would play Injustice 1, not knowing frame data or anything, lose 50 straight in a KOTH and still have fun because I was playing with the top guys and I was getting better (remember the GFAQS rooms @HellblazerHawkman ). I wanna get that feeling back. As much as I'd like to be a top guy, I wanna get back to just having fun with the game.

2) I wanna give something to the community this time around, whether it's like streaming more giving them something to watch, tips, videos, etc. I will always play anyone and I'll continue to do that but I wanna give back in a more meaningful way.

3) I'd like to travel again because I made friends that I wanna see again. It's fun just hanging out. Sure I'd like to place, like it'd be cool to make like a top 16 or something, but traveling should be about the trip itself and the experience of visiting a new place and making new friends.

Those are the three big ones, I wanna get back to having fun, I wanna give something to the scene and I wanna travel so I can see my friends. Other stuff might come up, I might wanna enter more online tournaments or something, but that's the main stuff. I'm really excited for this game, I think it's gonna be fun.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The 2019 Angelman Gameplan
Season One: Day One to EVO.

1. I have to shake off the rust. Haven't been remotely serious about competing since mid-2016.

2. I must make sure I have Wednesday as a regular night off from work so I can become a regular at NLBC in Brooklyn.

3. I must fight literally everyone in New York.

4. I'm going to CEO (it's the weekend before my birthday!) And I intend to do the Zandig Muscle Pose with as many wrestlers as I can find.

5. I will fill myself with positivity and whiskey and find a way to make it to Day 2. How? I have absolutely no idea. I am a reasonable middle of the pack player, nothing special at all...but also not terrible either. I have always been my own worst enemy and I would lose to the self psyche-out before I even had a chance to fight. I am not 2016 Box anymore. The weakness, the sadness, the insecurity, the constant terror that I was in the vacation goo...no more. I am 2019 Angelman. I would put Box on a spit like a rotisserie chicken and feed him to the Babadook if I had the chance. I need to take THAT rage and find a way to translate it into positive frames and as much reckless Month Two bullshit as I can get away with while I have it. If I can find a way to Day Two and do battle in that ring, it will galvanize the entire eight years I will have been a part of this insane circus. That will be my trophy.

6. I want to be eliminated in heartbreaking fashion by a Kung Lao player - doesn't matter how far I go, as long as I get in the ring and lose to Kung Lao, that's important for later.

7. My hope is to receive standing ovation from like 20 people and Coach Asuka.

8. Yes, in this list, Asuka comes to CEO. No, I do not have any inappropriate plans with her, she just looks like a lot of fun and I've always wanted a fighting game friend who can speak Japanese so they can hype me up like Jun Kasai or someone of that sort.

9. We will hit it off over our mutual love of Jim Beam bourbon and that time Daisuke Sekimoto went through a deathmatch phase, and she appoints herself my coach for the remainder of CEO.

10. Enraged and heartbroken by my defeat at the hands of Kung Lao, Coach Asuka will swear on the swords of her ancestors to make me strong enough to avenge this defeat and vanquish Kung Lao from existence. However, after I explain to her that there isn't a real physically attackable Kung Lao in this reality, she'll hand me het whistle, thank me for the memories and our mutual love of the Deadlift German Suplex, and immediately leave to drop several tabs of LSD, go to Magic Kingdom, ride Space Mountain, and take pictures with Donald Duck.

After that...well, then we all party, see how EVO plays out a couple of weeks after, and wait for the inevitable patch to completely inside out the game as we know it.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
My other personal goal is to learn to play piano, but that's not really an MK11 Goal, unless there's a side game where you hook up a midi keyboard to the console and Scorpion teaches Piano, similar to how Mario teaches Typing.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
1. Lab more than just the basic mechanics of each character.
2. Run sets with ppl ALOT more to better understand matchups.
3. Put more time into reviewing my gameplay and figuring out my issues.
4. Try not to baby-rage if Sheeva's not in the game.

my goals

first i need to make sure in real life to be able to main Mk11 properly for at least 2 years. thats not ez tho and i guess that will be the hardest matchup of all.

then, to find some new methods to grind. being older i have to deal with some weaknesses i obviously have not experienced before lul.
however, I've gained a lot of experience over the years/decades so i have to take full advantage of it.

as a player i just want to have an maingame and compete as much as i can for one last time.
hopefully not being free ;D

1. Go to my local scene ( Houston ) to level up

2. Learn my character to the highest possible degree

3. Win 2 sets in my first regional

4. Place top 64-8 in my first major

5. Be considered a top tier player by year 2 of games life