What's new

What are your personal goals for MK11?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Oh boy,

I got out of Injustice 2 with the worst attitude that I've ever had. I quit social media because all I did was just post toxic stuff and argue with people, and that didn't help the community at all. I took some time to get my school marks up and learn my priorities in my real life. I like what's been happening. Gaming's on the backburner for sure, I won't be able to put the time into MK11 like I did MKX, but I have a few things I wanna do.

1) I miss the days when I would play Injustice 1, not knowing frame data or anything, lose 50 straight in a KOTH and still have fun because I was playing with the top guys and I was getting better (remember the GFAQS rooms @HellblazerHawkman ). I wanna get that feeling back. As much as I'd like to be a top guy, I wanna get back to just having fun with the game.

2) I wanna give something to the community this time around, whether it's like streaming more giving them something to watch, tips, videos, etc. I will always play anyone and I'll continue to do that but I wanna give back in a more meaningful way.

3) I'd like to travel again because I made friends that I wanna see again. It's fun just hanging out. Sure I'd like to place, like it'd be cool to make like a top 16 or something, but traveling should be about the trip itself and the experience of visiting a new place and making new friends.

Those are the three big ones, I wanna get back to having fun, I wanna give something to the scene and I wanna travel so I can see my friends. Other stuff might come up, I might wanna enter more online tournaments or something, but that's the main stuff. I'm really excited for this game, I think it's gonna be fun.
Yeah man, it was great just shooting the shit in those rooms and not worrying about "oh, this is a bad MU for Hawkgirl, I need to study the frame data and make sure I can close the gap". Been a while since I've been able to just sit with a fighting game that long without just getting annoyed/bored

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I think this is the game where I'm finally going to hit that next level. I was becoming a decent player during S1 of SFV, doing solidly against Will2Pac at Evo. After Season 2 I lost a lot of my drive. I wanted to be good at DBFZ, and I was a decent online warrior, but I only went to one tournament and my bracket was stacked so I didn't do as well as I'd hoped.

The primary thing I wanna get better at is hit confirming. I'm good at it in other games but not in NRS games. I tend to just rattle off strings and end it in whatevers safest so I don't have to think about it. I also need to get back to timing whiff punishes in these games because people will do full strings in neutral and my whiff punish will get clipped

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
My goals are just to improve. I feel like after MK9 was gone I let all the discipline that I had trained for disappear because it was frustrating moving to these games that were, frankly, radically different. I just refused to move on and accept the game for what they were. Not this time though.

This time I'm going to lab everything I struggle with and learn to accept that I'm being outplayed.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
1. Play a lame af sub zero and then laugh when ppl still lose and can't complain it's because of the clone. ;)
2. Work on AAs, I'm garbage at them.
3. Work on not being predictable. Like I will mix and stagger but always end up in a routine of which ones I do and when. Damn muscle memory lol
4. Make it to at least 1 offline tournament after not having been to one since like 2 final rounds ago.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I want to try to be at least competent lol

I struggled in MKX and Injustice 2, but hoping this time ill really stick with it and become a better player.

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
I was getting decent in MKX before college and other life shit took priority, so I do want to focus on MK11 this time and see if I can hang. It would be pretty fun.

Zaccel

Noob
1.) Commit to online play more (reaching locals consistently is unfortunately out of my means)

2.) Level up a lot by playing more and labbing less

3.) Storm the NRS offices to ensure Reptile is in

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Sup everyone. Just made an account here and I'm still fairly green to fighting games. My first was IJ2. Second was Fighterz. I think my main goal is to get a very solid neutral. Tough part is I'm in grad school now so I don't know how much time I will have past the initial launch. If I'm confident enough I plan on trying at least one local tournament. Can't wait to see yall at launch

Kakarot

PSN: KonquerorSpirit
I want to stop being lazy and actually work on things that give me trouble such as teching throws and work on match ups that I have trouble with. I usually just end up doing combos in practice mode lol. I’d also like to start going to my local whenever I can since it’s pretty close to where I live. I really want to give this game my all so that I don’t end up making excuses as to why I’m struggling.

Last edited:

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I’m going to try to panic less. I’m actually pretty decent when I take my time, maybe I will try to chill and focus on punishing more. I have always been a natural rush down in my play style but I suck at rushing lol. I’m going to try something else this time. Focus on Shang for sure, he seems more defensive anyway.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
To, for once, take an NRS game seriously and compete. When I made my “MK11 meta hopes” thread, it was kinda just wishful thinking. But MK11 looks so much more like my hopes than I ever even imagined. Even already have a ft10 MM lined up against Biohazard, should be fun.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
With MK11, I want to:
  • Make more videos than ever before and land another big 1 million+ views video on YouTube
  • Become a more skilled player overall
  • Buy only the DLC characters I'll use
  • Try to convince my friends to play MK11 and level up
  • I really want to appreciate the full story completely unspoiled

Last edited: