What's new

What are Your options at the Beginning of a match?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
i just wanted to know to get a better understanding of other characters.
Of course most of these will probably be MU Dependant. But you can list the universal ones if you want.

And of course there are the universals ij1, hold back, etc...

Catwoman 7/10
• she can f1, its an overhead so it beats ducking. Its also +2 so I guess holding back doesn't bother her. it also AVOIDS CROSS UPS and she recovers in time to d1 trip guard.
• jb2, this will beat forward advancing normals and jump forward.
• b3 y'all know what this is for, loses to ok-good back dashes
• evade~trait or nj2 beats out stationary long range normals
• to beat back dash you can j2 or catdash. J2 is better and safe because catdash might not reach.
• BGB, if theres one you better hope to not get hit by CW because off of any starter into BGB she's gets minimum 47% one bar

Harley 5/10
• b2 to catch SOME forward advancing moves.
• iaGunshot, catches back dash and ducking and provides a 50/50
W tantrum vvv
• Tantrum stance catches back dash for a full combo.
• silly slide, if they jump forward you can reverse input to trip guard if they back dash it can catch SOME back dashes.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Nightwing - 7.5 - 8/10
- NJ/Ji3 will beat out most other jump normals for a full combo, or allow him to reach any overhead interactables
- JB Wingdings catches the opponent if they try to throw out a normal
- Flying Grayson catches any jump backs and some backdashes
- Ground Pound may catch people expecting B2 for plus frames or a full combo if they're hit
- B2 is a strong, safe normal to throw out that can be combo'd on hit - also avoids some JIs, such as Batman's Ji2

Imagine if Nightwing could choose which stance he wanted to start with. That would be gawdlike.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
i just wanted to know to get a better understanding of other characters.
Of course most of these will probably be MU Dependant. But you can list the universal ones if you want.

And of course there are the universals ij1, hold back, etc...

Catwoman 7/10
• she can f1, its an overhead so it beats ducking. Its also +2 so I guess holding back doesn't bother her. it also AVOIDS CROSS UPS and she recovers in time to d1 trip guard.
• jb2, this will beat forward advancing normals and jump forward.
• b3 y'all know what this is for, loses to ok-good back dashes
• evade~trait or nj2 beats out stationary long range normals
• to beat back dash you can j2 or catdash. J2 is better and safe because catdash might not reach.
• BGB, if theres one you better hope to not get hit by CW because off of any starter into BGB she's gets minimum 47% one bar

Harley 5/10
• b2 to catch SOME forward advancing moves.
• iaGunshot, catches back dash and ducking and provides a 50/50
W tantrum vvv
• Tantrum stance catches back dash for a full combo.
• silly slide, if they jump forward you can reverse input to trip guard if they back dash it can catch SOME back dashes.
What about up guns on some jump ins and ij2

coolwhip

Noob
As Batman, I just walk back. I might do instant air glitter but 7 times out of 10, I'll walk back and call trait.

Lex: Jump back + 3.

Actually really good. Only characters who are REALLY godlike at the beginning of the match- like Green Lantern- can really prevent me from doing this. It spits on other characters even if they have really good jump attacks.

Nightwing - 7.5 - 8/10
- NJ/Ji3 will beat out most other jump normals for a full combo, or allow him to reach any overhead interactables
- JB Wingdings catches the opponent if they try to throw out a normal
- Flying Grayson catches any jump backs and some backdashes
- Ground Pound may catch people expecting B2 for plus frames or a full combo if they're hit
- B2 is a strong, safe normal to throw out that can be combo'd on hit - also avoids some JIs, such as Batman's Ji2

Imagine if Nightwing could choose which stance he wanted to start with. That would be gawdlike.
Standing 1 in staff would be so godlike!

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3

ryublaze

Noob
- Low guns, catches a lot people who walk back at the start
- d1 xx sword spin/background bounce or d2, catches forward advancing moves
- f3

TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3TRAIT 3
For half a second I was thinking... "hmmm I wonder what character he is talking about?"

Then immediately after that half second: "oh f* that dumb green b*"

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
You'd be surprised how often b3 works at the start of a match with Harley. Most characters she really can't do anything to, but if she gets punished at least you get some of that sweet sweet meter lol.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
grundy options , standing 2 (walk back or jump over to beat) WC (jump forward) WCC --reverse WCC (jump back) , f1 is risky but in long sets starts to work if they tend to block from the start (neutral jump), insta jump 1 or 3 , also against heavy zoners if u know they'll try create space straight away just dash forward into either d2 or AA throw i would give him 5/10 too much guess work for grundy i feel , i wish i could jump back 3 or back dash at the start lel