What's new

What are your customised variation for Jade?

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Note: This thread is not meant to point out what Jade is good or bad at, balance issues and what not. There are other threads for those discussions. ^^

I have since the beta used Deadly Assassin (for more combos), Pole Vault (for the overhead and rushdown) and Amplify Nitro Kick (as a combo ender without pushing the opponent out of the corner), and playing her as a mid-rushdown character, trying to make as much out of her combo potential as possible (as little as that may be). However, now we're a month after launch, and after having read here and there about other abilities that are good for her loadout, I've been trying to see if there are some changes I could be making to make the experience of playing Jade better for me. It's also worth mentioning that I'm not a competitive player, I just like to have fun and do cool shit with Jade. ^^

So I'm curious to know what abilities you have chosen to use on your customised variation for Jade, and why that is.
Like, how do you utilise her moveset, what kind of player are you and what type of gameplan do you like to use (zoning, rushdown etc).
Also, if you like, feel free to post what combos you've found and like to use with your chosen customised variation!

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
The lower projectile the pole thing and razor ring amply my current skin is her green skin with no hood . I like this variation it gives her the most room and she still has good mid range game

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I started off with what you have and really liked it, bit have since messed with other abilities while keeping deadly assassin as the constant one. I love the sweep and find using b2 kombo very effective when I want to do towers, have yet to use it in a real match. Atm here's what I'm rocking.

Deadly assassin
Up glaives
The low projectile.

Espio

Kokomo
This is a fun thread idea.

My Jade loadout: Brown Sugar has Edenian Spark and air glaive, but it has a most distinct difference in that Delia's dance is added to the equation. I LOVE spacing and safety so Delia's dance when amplified is -7 with immense pushback and since it starts up so quick it removes a lot of her staff strings gaps while also added a low into the equation. Regular version is negative like butterfly at -13 BUT since you can do stuff like back 2, Delia's dance you can make it spaced and safe too.

It also allows her to negate wake ups with a standing reset of sorts since regular Delia's dance leaves you plus 8 on hit and standing Jade can do more stagger pressure, poke you, throw you and make you guess after getting hit by it. The damage from something like Back 3,4,3, Delia's dance amplified is about 20% which is good and it makes it so much harder for the opponent to flawless block her strings and gives her a really good special cancel out of a down 4.

Air glaive is for her zoning, air and pressure game and I feel like every Jade loadout should have her air glaive included due to how strong and how much versatility it provides her kit.

Edenian Spark gives her a full screen projectile check as well as the ability to tag it on strings to catch opponents potentially slipping.

Those three moves balance her out the best to me as it removes her string gaps, gives her decent fireballs, mix ups, chip and safety overall. The only thing she doesn't get is damage, which is a small price to pay for so much versatility up close and far away.

Jade Abilities.jpgJade Gear.jpgJade Skin.jpg

Afumba

Noob
I use either airrang, edenian spark, deadly assassin or the one Espio posted.
The latter especially after having droped some Butterfly corner combos :D

I prefer to play a slower game usually. Reacting to opponents and frustrating them into doing something they shouldnt.

Last edited:
Deadly assassin because it has objectively the best looking strings in the game dont @ me.

Pole vault + pole vault run cancel cause nothing is more fun than running full speed directly at your opponent like a maniac.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Staff Infection: Deadly Assassin, Pole Vault, Delia's Dance
Buff D'Vorah: Air Razor-rang, Edenian Spark, Delia's Dance
Green Nightmare: Air Razor-rang, Pole Vault, Delia's Dance

These are my three custom combos and they work well in various matchups. Staff Infection is more mid- and close-range play that tries to play footsies then go in and pressure. Buff D'Vorah is mid- and long-range with zoning (basically my version of Emerald Defender). Green Nightmare is a jack of all trades.

but it has a most distinct difference in that Delia's dance is added to the equation. I LOVE spacing and safety so Delia's dance when amplified is -7 with immense pushback and since it starts up so quick it removes a lot of her staff strings gaps while also added a low into the equation. Regular version is negative like butterfly at -13 BUT since you can do stuff like back 2, Delia's dance you can make it spaced and safe too.

It also allows her to negate wake ups with a standing reset of sorts since regular Delia's dance leaves you plus 8 on hit and standing Jade can do more stagger pressure, poke you, throw you and make you guess after getting hit by it. The damage from something like Back 3,4,3, Delia's dance amplified is about 20% which is good and it makes it so much harder for the opponent to flawless block her strings and gives her a really good special cancel out of a down 4.
I was editing my post to add why I think Delia's Dance is the best thing ever on Jade, but you said it so much better than I ever could have. So.. all of the above plus the fact that the move is borderline disrespectful since it's you sweeping their legs like you're using a broom. I just love it so much.

Last edited:
I have only one kustom, calling her "Cheerful". Delia's dance (an actual useful move), low spark and air rang. With the default hooded skin but white and pink.

Edit: With these Fan-like booms. To support the "cheerful" gimmick, while referencing MK2 Jade.