What's new

Question - Sun God What Are These On Block? (Need Some Frame Data Help)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hey guys, I've decided to dust off Sun God, try a few things and I noticed that FDB1/FDB3 canceled into certain strings seems to be either neutral or plus on block. I do not have the means to find out exactly how plus (or if its neutral) it is, so I was wondering if anyone with the capability of finding out could find out the frame data on the following, on block?

114 xx FDB1/FDB3
B122 xx FDB1/FDB3
B12 xx FDB1/FDB3
B14 xx FDB1/FDB3 (If someone could also find out what this is on hit that'd be nice but not 100% necessary)

Cooljaxx

Mkx is the name , Mix is the game
114 FDB1 is Plus 2 or 3. I would say 114 FDB3 is about -7 -8 possible -9

Cooljaxx

Anything after b14 is full combo punishable. B14 sunstone can be interrupted and the same with b122 into sunstone .

Cooljaxx

And with b14 sunstone you can interrupt with a string. B122 can be interrupted with a fast reversal or a fast poke. So if he does b14 automatically go into a string. Unless you read a parry, which is highly unlikely

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
You do have the means to figure out the advantage provided you have the game and training mode functions. You need to do tests such as testing if certain characters reversals punish. (Reptiles slide = 6, Laos spin = 7 etc)

If it's not punishable by Reptiles EX slide, then you can record the AI kotal khan to do whatever you're testing then mash perfectly time D1. You know that his D1 is 6 frames. Now you'd test with other normals of different speeds from other characters and try to beat or trade with Kotals D1. You can then use simple arithmetic to figure out how plus or minus whatever your test is.

CrazyFingers

You do have the means to figure out the advantage provided you have the game and training mode functions. You need to do tests such as testing if certain characters reversals punish. (Reptiles slide = 6, Laos spin = 7 etc)

If it's not punishable by Reptiles EX slide, then you can record the AI kotal khan to do whatever you're testing then mash perfectly time D1. You know that his D1 is 6 frames. Now you'd test with other normals of different speeds from other characters and try to beat or trade with Kotals D1. You can then use simple arithmetic to figure out how plus or minus whatever your test is.
huh, never thought of that. Thanks Scott!

CrazyFingers

So let's say I set reptile to reversal EX slide and I do 114 xx FDB 1 and then I parry (Normal Parry is 7f) and it parries reptile's dash does that mean the string on block is +7 or higher or am I looking at this wrong?