What's new

What are the worst MK11 matchups?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just curious what people think are the toughest matchups in the game, like Baraka/Cetrion.

I'd probably put Erron/RoboCop at a 7/3 if I'm being extreme. Scud Shot just completely shuts down all of RoboCop's zoning, but RoboCop is unable to compete with Erron up close due to his superior normals, mix, and damage.

And I should specify, I'm only talking "real" matchups, no "Variationless Raiden vs Cetrion" stuff.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Haven't been messing with Kano for too long so I could be missing something, but Kano vs Spawn feels pretty shit.
Kano vs Kabal has been a never ending reaming for me when I grind Kano. I think Kano can abuse jump ins on Spawn at least. Kabal owns the air and converts jump ins and AA's to 30-40%. And his weapon mid obliterates Kano's poke back game

Robocop vs Jade. Her glow shits on everything he does.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I never played the game much as I don't really enjoy it, but when I did I only used robocop, and didn't have much problem against erron honestly. Yes he shuts down his options but I think having the cheval trap helps. I'd give you 6/4 in Errons favour maybe.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I never played the game much as I don't really enjoy it, but when I did I only used robocop, and didn't have much problem against erron honestly. Yes he shuts down his options but I think having the cheval trap helps. I'd give you 6/4 in Errons favour maybe.
If these were KL or rando Errons then they almost certainly didn't know the MU or Erron wasn't their main. If you fight a solid Erron who knows the MU, Robo has serious problems anywhere on screen.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Worst matchup experience I've had in MK11 is playing against earthquake Cetrion as Spellmaster Shang. No Corpse Drop, no Smoke projectile parry, and Screaming Souls projectile(as good as it is) is slow. Just had to hold the shit out of that zoning until you got into Soul Steal range

Wigy

There it is...
Lowkey frost gets demolished by robocop imo. His low gun shuts frost down, cant really dolphin dive. Auger gets kb punished. His movement makes any kinda neutral fighting a nightmare.

All her zoning and space control is a high or slow

Basically backdash and low gun>frost

She has equally abismal damage

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Just curious what people think are the toughest matchups in the game, like Baraka/Cetrion.
It'd be interesting to try and find some video of some of these matchups, just to see how players approach these, or see why they're such hard matchups.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
It'd be interesting to try and find some video of some of these matchups, just to see how players approach these, or see why they're such hard matchups.
At a high lvl the Cetrion teleport becomes such a glaring example of poor character design and imbalance lol. You'd think they find a way to get around it but a good Cetrion will barely get touched if she doesn't want to lol

Probably Baraka vs Cetrion. I dunno how you wanna do anything in that matchup. Probably more characters that look stupid vs. Cetrion but that's one I've experienced myself.

Jax vs Cetrion/Jade is the worst MU for Jax and I believe the worst MU in the game. You gotta flawless block all projectiles and inch your way in, and if you miss a flawless block or get hit it's time to start all over. While inching in jumping poses a high risk especially against cetrion boulder and these characters can mix you full screen.

Using bf2 to get in is WAY too risky because we all know how crazy good cetrion's wall is along with jades d4. The risk/reward on bf2 isn't worth it in these matchups. Then once you get close enough for your normal to actually hit them, they have much better range and footsies to keep you out.

This is why if you wanna have a high win rate online in an NRS game, you need too solo main an S tier or learn at least 3 characters. NRS games always counterpick heavy;where you're losing to the character more than the player.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Shao Kahn vs everyone (especially Jacqui)
I 100% believe Shao has his bad matchups. But, seriously, with that damage output, it really can't be that bad. You get 3 mistakes per round against Shao, and that includes when the game eats your inputs. 3 mistakes, including using any mildy-punishable strings. You're a legit pro and I'm just a scrubby online RoboCop player, but you can't seriously think Shao only has losing matchups, can you?