What's new

Question What are the uses of some of Lobo's specials/strings?

I feel like I have a handle on most of Lobo's kit, but there are a few things I'm still unsure about.

The f213 string seems pretty pointless to me. If you're gonna do f2, it seems better to go into f23. Hits low for a mixup and keeps them near.

The db2 Space Hook also seems useless. Any time you could end a combo with it, you could also probably be doing bf3 or db3 to keep them close.

Finally, his Pump Shot is very underwhelming. The only good one from what I can tell is the low trait shot.

I can understand if these moves really are useless, and I'm okay with that if they are, but I want to know what you guys think.

Ansumana

Noob
Space Hook I'll use instead of bf3 against Grundy, mostly because it gives enough space/time to read a wake-up Walking Corpse. Ditto with f213. Otherwise I'll sometimes do it on really aggressive rushdown since Lobo can control that middle space pretty well with standing 3, Shotgun, etc...makes them think twice about throwing out attacks/jumpins randomly.

Pump Shot covers a good bit of vertical space, like I mentioned above it's good to keep out aggressive rushdown since it's pretty fast. Also can be good to counter some wake-ups. Sometimes will us it to wake-up with because it's pretty fast, and counters a lot of jump-ins/gap closing attacks. Also, d2 ~ pump shot is a good option select that can create a hard knockdown (I think). Option select in that the pump shot only comes out if the d2 hits, so just get in the habit of follow a d2 with it.