What's new

What Are the Things/Tactics You Struggle Most Against, or Need to Learn More About?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The title is pretty self-explanatory.. But when you're playing against others, what are the biggest areas that you feel you need to improve in currently? And which areas do you feel would be helped by gaining some additional knowledge, or picking up tactics to help you deal?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I can't flawless block in game, no matter how much time I spend in practice. It makes defense difficult, and it gets frustrating when I play against someone who does it very well.

Also I can't react to most anything, so I end up walking into projectiles other people would block, or only beating throws on hard reads, and getting hit by basically every overhead

I guess that means the thing I really struggle most against is...me.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Advancing. I do poorly with grounded advancements as I tend to eat pokes, charge attacks, big normals, advancing normals, etc. constantly. Then I get frustrated and have very predictable jump patterns as a result. It's why Cassie, Johnny, and Noob are by far my worst matchups when they're good players. D'Vorah J1 and Kitana J2 are big crutches for me in this regard. Patient players that know how to toss out safe options to stop me or call out my dash attempts end me easily.

I can't flawless block in game, no matter how much time I spend in practice. It makes defense difficult, and it gets frustrating when I play against someone who does it very well.

Also I can't react to most anything, so I end up walking into projectiles other people would block, or only beating throws on hard reads, and getting hit by basically every overhead

the flawless blocking issue might not be 100% your fault since connection has a big part in it. trying to go up against someone in 140+ ping and flawless blocking might be a pretty hard task.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink

Only advice i can give you is practise doing flawless blocking in game, not in training mode. Its kindoff like practising anti airs, only way to level up is to practise on them in a real game.

Only advice i can give you is practise doing flawless blocking in game, not in training mode. Its kindoff like practising anti airs, only way to level up is to practise on them in a real game.
or.... set reversal to random and do the flawless block 2 up instead of up 2 to only get a stand 2 if you miss out on the read and don't look like a idiot doing a instant air jump 2 lol

Last edited:
Ramdomness, like jump ins (no consistent anti airs in mk11), slides, 50/50s....things that you have to go to training mode to learn and are not neutral related.
I would say Jaccqui, but....I don't think that is my problem...the character is very unfair for everybody.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If you never play in tournaments offline, or very rarely play offline in general, I would definitely recommend turning on the “add online delay to offline/training mode” option (I forgot what it is called, lol). It adds 3f’s of delay in training mode, which is the maximum amount of button delay you should get online. Since I really have no plans of playing this game offline anymore, It has helped me tremendously with my execution online. I used to hate playing online because those 3f’s are a pretty big difference imo, but now it being online isn’t much of a factor. Well, aside from the 150+ ping wifi warriors, of course.

If you never play in tournaments offline, or very rarely play offline in general, I would definitely recommend turning on the “add online delay to offline/training mode” option (I forgot what it is called, lol). It adds 3f’s of delay in training mode, which is the maximum amount of button delay you should get online. Since I really have no plans of playing this game offline anymore, It has helped me tremendously with my execution online. I used to hate playing online because those 3f’s are a pretty big difference imo, but now it being online isn’t much of a factor. Well, aside from the 150+ ping wifi warriors, of course.
is it in the practice mode settings, or main menu settings, to turn on the input delay in practice mode

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
is it in the practice mode settings, or main menu settings, to turn on the input delay in practice mode
Iirc it’s in the main menu. Next time I load up the game, if you haven’t found it by then I’ll post it up.