What's new

Question What are the GA Best Combo Starters?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Because most of GA players intend to use Ice Arrow has the intermediary between the combo starter and the combo finisher.

However, this isn't working that well for me because i'm forced to use Ice Arrow to punish trades, movements and setups. I wanted to extend his combos as much as possible.

Any advice on best combo starters besides B3?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Because most of GA players intend to use Ice Arrow has the intermediary between the combo starter and the combo finisher.

However, this isn't working that well for me because i'm forced to use Ice Arrow to punish trades, movements and setups. I wanted to extend his combos as much as possible.

Any advice on best combo starters besides B3?
F2D13 Is his best footsie kombo starter and the one I mostly use. Arrow is an odd character that's not easy to use. The follow up to that kombo is even the hardest I've tried in the game (and I've tried a lot of characters).

F2D13, Dash, 223~Hurricane Bow.

If you have a shock arrow the kombo becomes easy.

F2D13 without a doubt. Second hit is low, and last hit is overhead. This string also has really good range. With this string alone and an ice arrow the opportunities are endless and you'll be constantly putting them into a constant guessing game of fuzzy guarding correctly. That string can even be made safe if they block correctly by finishing it with an arrow (Plus on block) or a DB2.

Also, Don't neglect his D1. People have to respect your D1 because of the ice arrow followup. Apart from F2D13, B23 and B13 are his other two best strings but thee are more usefull in the corner. These strings can create a nearly inescapable frame trap and put them into a nasty high low guessing game.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Are you asking for his best combo starters after ice arrow?

After an ice arrow in the mid screen I usually go for a b3 (I know that's not what you want to hear) followed by ji2,3,3,equip arrow because that leads to a step up where I can get some damage and also end with equiping another arrow to eithr rush or zone.

In the corner is when I go for f2,d1,3 as I follow up with b1,3, arrow (ice or elec)--3,3,db2--equip arrow.

In the mid screen my goal is always to be able to equiq another arrow so I'd gladly sacrifice damage for another ice arrow set up, or longer range fire arrows against zoners.

Seapeople

This one's for you
The main ways I get damage right now are probably with d1 and just reacting to how my opponent moves with a freeze arrow. F2d13 and mb b3 are always good like people have said. Once your pressure gets started you'll most likely be landing stuff with b23, 223, and slide in the corner as well.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
B23 is great. On hit and on block.

Its a bit slow on start up but get it to hit or on block and your game starts rolling.

F2D13 - all day. Master this combo make it part of your routine. Easily destroys many who sit there and block down low.

Another good one that can get you into a nice momentum B23 followed by a arrow, after that you decide the follow up.

I've come to find B23 is a good space provider between you and your opponent also a great substitute on occasions when I cannot pull off F2D13 for whatever situational reason.

Also, try to learn by heart all the regular combos.
113, 223, F2D13, B23, 111 (and the others ive missed) Using them all in variation during matches really confuses the hell out of your opponent. After awhile, you will acknowledge which of these particular combos fit a specific situation and when that situation or "pattern" that leads to that situation comes up you will know exactly which combo to adjust into.

Which basically, leads into you taking control of the match "ebb & flow" and its momentum.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Jp 3 -> 223 xx Hurricane Bow.
F2D13: If you have an Ice Arrow: F2D13 -> Dash -> 11 xx D4 -> B3 -> J3 -> B23 xx Load Arrow.
D1 xx D4 (Ice Arrow).
D1 xx D4 (hold) Jump back -> D4 (Ice Arrow)
Into B3 -> J3 -> B23 xx Load Arrow.

In the corner:
B23 xx Load Arrow
F2D13 -> 111 xx Sky alert -> 111 xx Hurricane Bow
F2D1 xx Ice Arrow -> F2D1 xx 4

Seriously guys, we're a month in into the game and some of you are advising stuff we did day 1. Level up yoh.

Btw, be careful with D1 into arrow on block, you can get counter poked between the D1 and the D4 on block.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Jp 3 -> 223 xx Hurricane Bow.
F2D13: If you have an Ice Arrow: F2D13 -> Dash -> 11 xx D4 -> B3 -> J3 -> B23 xx Load Arrow.
D1 xx D4 (Ice Arrow).
D1 xx D4 (hold) Jump back -> D4 (Ice Arrow)
Into B3 -> J3 -> B23 xx Load Arrow.

In the corner:
B23 xx Load Arrow
F2D13 -> 111 xx Sky alert -> 111 xx Hurricane Bow
F2D1 xx Ice Arrow -> F2D1 xx 4

Seriously guys, we're a month in into the game and some of you are advising stuff we did day 1. Level up yoh.

Btw, be careful with D1 into arrow on block, you can get counter poked between the D1 and the D4 on block.
I know his message is a little hard to decode, but what I believe he is asking is: "I seem to "waste" my ice arrow on set ups and punishes to land a hit, so I don't have an ice arrow stocked to extend my combos. What is my best combo option as I freeze an opponent and what other starters could I use than b3?"

Mid screen I usually go for:
b3, dash, db1, d2 xx db4, 223 xx 4 (hold), dash --- And then mix them up on their wake up

In the corner I go for:
b2 xx df2, 111 xx db1, 111 db4/df1/bf3

With super I go for:
111 xx super (reset), b3, dash, d2 xx db4, 223 xx 4(hold), dash --- Pressure
or
db4, super (reset), b3, jf3, d2 xx 4, -Jump in combo of choice-

I also end with another b3 some times, either after the first b3 (if I don't want them to clash) or after landing the ice arrow after any of the 2 combos (you can end the 1st of the two I listed with 1 xx 4 in stead of 223 xx 4) if I am close enough for a stage transition (This works even if you do b3 for the 2nd time? I just realized I have done this some times without thinking aabout it)

I am sure there is better combos than what I am doing, so please tell me better options if you have any!