What's new

What are the downsides to playing MKT on PS2

I heard there are some downsides, I only have ps2 and I find MKT to be the best MK2D game.

Also while I am posting. Do you guys play nes or snes or sega roms of these games? If so what platform. I would like to play it on my computer if MKT poses a problem on my PS2

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I'm pretty sure everyone plays umk3 the arcade version on kaillera for online play (besides the new 360 version)

Anyway from what I know MKT is broken as hell with some easy ass infinites and stuff. It was fun and it's cool to have for collection or whatever but UMK3 is the only mk good enough for tourney play.

how do I get the arcade UMK3 so I can play on my computer, I never understood the Arcade Emulators, which should I get and how do I set it up?

MKT with the UMK3 cast is pretty much as broken as the original UMK3 game itself (unless we're talking about the original non-GH release that was out before the end of 96.

MKT just doesn't run well on a PS2. Earlier PS2 models froze when the continue counter hit zero, but with some of the more recent ones, the lockup is fairly random and frequent. Also, the PS2's video output is considerably sharper than the original PS console so games do look more pixelated.

where can I get the arcade emulator, where can i get UMK3, and how do i set it up, info will be appreciated

I remember befor the PS2 was released they were talking about backwards compatability, I remember reading that MKT might not even be playable on the PS2 (MKT is a PS1 game). But anyway, it is the worst version on MK3 on the market, and the only one with load times.

Another option is Midway Arcade Treasures.. but thats only MK2 and MK3.

Can't help you with emulators there... anyone else? I haven't packed away my PS since I regularly play old games, and I don't like the video quality of the PS2 as I have mentioned earlier.

Many others would beg to differ about the PS MKT being the worst version of MK3; in fact, it's 2nd to the arcade UMK3. MK3 arcade itself was worse, so were the PS and Saturn versions of MK3 and UMK3 respectively. Lastly the N64 MKT which had issues across all spectrum (audio, video and gameplay). The Saturn games also had longer loading times.