What's new

What are Skarlet’s tournament variations?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Heart Piece and Blood Drive

Both variations are solid enough and do mostly the same thing, she is a neutral character after all, the main difference is, Heart Piece has a counter against certain counters and blood drive has a better blood ball and a easier way to regain health.

I personally prefer Heart Piece and think its way superior than blood drive.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
Are they called something different depending on the platform? Or am I not understanding what are the tourney variations? Mine (on PC) are called Bloodshed and Red Mist. Or is the PC lacking them like the Switch? o.0

edit:
oohh, nvm. found it. already knew that, but didnt realize. So will all tourney consoles have those already selected as the default variations? I'm trying to figure out what to practice b/c there's a tourney already on Sat and Monday where I live. :(

Not working on PC (must've seen it previously on a stream), tho I see where it says Use Preset for variation abilities. I take it we don't have them like Switch (makes sense since we also haven't got patch like PS/XB).

Last edited:

Both variations are solid enough and do mostly the same thing, she is a neutral character after all, the main difference is, Heart Piece has a counter against certain counters and blood drive has a better blood ball and a easier way to regain health.

I personally prefer Heart Piece and think its way superior than blood drive.
Thanks, I just found what moves those variations contain, and I cannot build Heart Pierce because it says Dagger Dance and Blood Ritual conflict with each other because they use the same input. That patch can’t come quick enough... and it looks like PC players need it too

mn_tercercine

you can call me blue cheese, because I am DRESSING
Not working on PC (must've seen it previously on a stream), tho I see where it says Use Preset for variation abilities. I take it we don't have them like Switch (makes sense since we also haven't got patch like PS/XB).
You can use your mouse on PC to click on the "Select a Preset" button in Kustomization.

I had the same issue on PC. I'm using a Qanba stick and it says "Press X to Select A Preset" but nothing happened when I pressed X. Thankfully the mouse workaround is there.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
You can use your mouse on PC to click on the "Select a Preset" button in Kustomization.

I had the same issue on PC. I'm using a Qanba stick and it says "Press X to Select A Preset" but nothing happened when I pressed X. Thankfully the mouse workaround is there.
Got it. Thanks