What's new

Question What are Batman's optimal juggle combo enders?

What's the best combo ender for the Dark Knight

• B+2 3

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • F+2 3

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Sky Grapple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I'm making this thread to all Batman mains to answer an important strategy question:

What is the best option to end a juggle combo?

As we know Batman is a complete character with both tools to zone and rushdown. But I think we can agree Batman excels in close combat. Hence why it is important to use an optimal juggle combo ender to maintain ground, allow to iniate the oki game, and continue his pressure.

Currently the standard BnB ender is B+2 3, which is by no means a bad option: deals great damage, is very realiable (even in large combos), and has easy execution. However, I feel that outside the corner there are better options (actually one, I'll get into that). B+2 3 by itself is pretty good because despite de push back you can close the distance pretty quickly, you can even active Bats before doing so. Unfortunately in large combos the pushback increases, and if we factor roll back, all ground game and possible oki setups are lost by the time Batman makes his way to the opponent.

I started my venture into online (don't have a local scene or friends that plays Injustice) a couple days ago. While playing against WoundCowboy 's Sinestro I started questioning the overall utility of B+2 3 as a combo ender. Besides the fact that I need to work on and improve my movement, every time I landed a combo and finished it with B+2 3 I couldn't help but feel I had thrown away all my work getting in.

So afterwards I hit the lab looking for other options, options more suitable for combos outside the corner. F+2 3 looked like a good candidate but it has longer recovery and you can't activate Bats safely. Then I toyed a bit with 1 1 3 but in order for it work a lot of damage has to be sacrificed; same goes with B+3, not counting it's short range makes it whiff most of the time. Finally I settled with Sky Grapple (DB+1).

Using Sky Grapple as combo ender certainly makes you sacrifice some damage, you switch sides, and can sometimes whiff if not executed properly. Nevertheless, the fact that it grants a hard knockdown is something that can't be ignored. With a hard knockdown you have time to dash in, active Bats, bait wake up attacks, and setup the oki game; it can be hard at first to do a crossup due to spacing and Batman's walk speed, but it is doable.

What are your thoughts on this? Am I completely off in the subject? If you think the current option or another is better please elaborate. Let's take the time to discuss a very important aspect of Batman's gameplan and strategy.

Spletty GamerBlake90 Quantum_Mekanikz SHARKY UsedForGlue Blind_Man RapZiLLa54 SquirtMcGirt LionHeart V1 Seapeople REO and all other Batman players.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
ORIGINAL POST REDACTED

Anyhow, B3 ~ j.3 > Sparks (Scatter Bomb) is my go to finisher.

Pros:
-Able to Oki at same time opponent Wakeups
-Sacrifices minimal damage and works for more combos
-Leaves opponent close to you

Cons:
-Cannot CB between B3 and j.3
-Cannot do the j.3 after B3 in the corner

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I'm for from being a great player seeing as though I don't understand frame data 100%, but It depends on the situation for me personally. Sometimes I end it with F+2,3, but sometimes I go for the B+2,3 & it doesn't work(Online). I don't have a concrete ender. I just go with the flow of the moment. It's a big gamble... But most of the times I pays off for me.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Midscreen I normally stick with b23. Ending with 123 sets up some decent options but sacrifices damage. It puts you in the right spot for an ambiguous crossup, you could whiff 11 and then mix up 113 or 11 b1 as they get up, or you can just call bats and try to bait a wakeup.

I haven't ended anything with sky grapple midscreen, I'll have to try that. You can get pretty good damage without having to reverse positions too.
223, b3, dash (reverses positions), nj2, 22~sky grapple = 30% (only 3-4% less than a normal bnb).

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I've ended with either b23 or 1,1~slide (with bats out). In the corner depending on what I'm trying to do, I sometimes end with b112 (splat) which I believe is an untechable knockdown...but that's me fuckin around day6 or wtv I have no idea if that's right or not

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Midscreen I normally stick with b23. Ending with 123 sets up some decent options but sacrifices damage. It puts you in the right spot for an ambiguous crossup, you could whiff 11 and then mix up 113 or 11 b1 as they get up, or you can just call bats and try to bait a wakeup.

I haven't ended anything with sky grapple midscreen, I'll have to try that. You can get pretty good damage without having to reverse positions too.
223, b3, dash (reverses positions), nj2, 22~sky grapple = 30% (only 3-4% less than a normal bnb).
1 2 3 could a good option, but I think it isn't very reliable because of it's range and the last hit can whiff on certain characters hurtboxes.

That dash NJ2 combo is nice, it's definitely offline-only, but still a good alternative.
I've ended with either b23 or 1,1~slide (with bats out). In the corner depending on what I'm trying to do, I sometimes end with b112 (splat) which I believe is an untechable knockdown...but that's me fuckin around day6 or wtv I have no idea if that's right or not
B1 1 2 does splat but only if the opponent is grounded (i.e. after using MB Grapple).

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
1 2 3 could a good option, but I think it isn't very reliable because of it's range and the last hit can whiff on certain characters hurtboxes.

That dash NJ2 combo is nice, it's definitely offline-only, but still a good alternative.

B1 1 2 does splat but only if the opponent is grounded (i.e. after using MB Grapple).
I meant mid corner in a juggle, like if you do b113 and follow up with b112 it will still splat

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
In my opinion it depends on what kind of character you're playing. If you're playing a character with no projectiles b23 is the way to go. If you're playing a character who struggles vs rushdown f23 is a good way to go. I haven't experimented much with sky grapple as an ender but it is a hard knock down so I'm sure it has its uses.

I like MB grapple into j2 b112. Hard knock and gives you an array of follow ups

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
In my opinion it depends on what kind of character you're playing. If you're playing a character with no projectiles b23 is the way to go. If you're playing a character who struggles vs rushdown f23 is a good way to go. I haven't experimented much with sky grapple as an ender but it is a hard knock down so I'm sure it has its uses.

I like MB grapple into j2 b112. Hard knock and gives you an array of follow ups
I agree the situation and character matters. I for one keep using B+2 3 near the corner or in the corner.

I got a chance to run a set today. I gotta say I'm liking Sky Grapple. You can comfortably get in to start a 50/50 oki (F+3 and B+1 1 3 / B + 1 1 2).

My reasoning behind using Sky Grapple is so you can save Bats for mix ups and pressure up close. Using B+2 3 can force you to use Bats to get in, something I think it's a waste when you could have put yourself in a better position to begin with.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I would say against sinestro or someone like that your best options (which have already been mentioned) j3 f23 or j3 scatter bomb. The j3 scatter bomb though sucks cause its hard to call bats out and you always need bats out. if you do end combos in b23 just be careful not to always call bats and rush back in. Bats are fucking awesome and sometimes just chillin mid screen with them out forces mistakes. So with those three options as combo enders that should be all you need. I also sometimes call bats off blockstring oki like b11 call bats. Its really good and clearly leaves you + for another b11 or b1 or whaterver. This is what I have been doin anyway. You should add my non killa account too squirtmcgirt187 bild we need to play. Me and streets have been grinding matches and we need more good people to play and level up with.
Edit:Forgot about sky grapple, I use that too switch side ALOT. You give up damage but you get out of the corner, so I am happy to make that trade. I think all the options listed though are good situationally, or in different matchups.

SHARKY

Noob
I agree the situation and character matters. I for one keep using B+2 3 near the corner or in the corner.

I got a chance to run a set today. I gotta say I'm liking Sky Grapple. You can comfortably get in to start a 50/50 oki (F+3 and B+1 1 3 / B + 1 1 2).

My reasoning behind using Sky Grapple is so you can save Bats for mix ups and pressure up close. Using B+2 3 can force you to use Bats to get in, something I think it's a waste when you could have put yourself in a better position to begin with.
This btw I don't care to be mid screen with no bats w/ bats its money.I end based on opponents zone vs rush offence/defence