What's new

What Annoys you most in UMK3

NoDoubt

nasty
Online gameplay is a world of its own...but speaking in terms of general gameplay of the game itself, what shit annoys you most? I cant stand:

- running under someone jumping over me and as I go to sweep I still get kicked off the ground.

- How some combos wiff by default when they feel like wiffing...(Jax 7-hitter on ninjas, combos on female ninjas). I hate how it works sometimes, never works most times.

- Players who use teleporters and literally run away the entire match. I like grounded characters more so when using them, it can take forever for matches to finish with players who throw a spear from far away...teleport away once you run at them and then repeat. Then if you stay in your spot to bait a blocked teleport they wont move and just spam projectiles from across lol. So annoying

NoDoubtArion said:
How some combos wiff by default when they feel like wiffing...(Jax 7-hitter on ninjas, combos on female ninjas). I hate how it works sometimes, never works most times.
This same problem happens in MK9 kinda, I've been meaning to take a video of it. With Scorpion you can do a certain number of combos in round 1 and beat your opponent, yet doing the same exact moves in round 2 requires an extra hit. VERY strange, and that's with having the same stance both times.

Goblin Bones

Graveyard Glow
NoDoubtArion said:
- Players who use teleporters and literally run away the entire match. I like grounded characters more so when using them, it can take forever for matches to finish with players who throw a spear from far away...teleport away once you run at them and then repeat. Then if you stay in your spot to bait a blocked teleport they wont move and just spam projectiles from across lol. So annoying
This.

and when people who are only good with one character, only pick that character and cheese ball it for wins , not so much in Ranked but player matches??? i just dont see the pont

X820

Noob
Online people whining about online nonesense in a thread some may think this could be the second "Official UMK3 shit list / hate mail thread!".

Ontopic: Uppercuts that don't connect, priorities that seem to be random, shit like that.

Delay. Delay is the worst thing in UMK3 online, and any game online. Your opponent can't tell when you have button delay, so that makes it that much worse. The majority of the matches I've lost in UMK3 have been because of delay.

BeRB

Noob
I didn't see anything wrong with me and raindog's post x820. I didn't see how it was acting like it's a ''shitlist'' type post either but whatever.
But some other things that annoy me is players delay and my xbox not letting me play my UMK3 on all my accounts

NoDoubt

nasty
Idk dude thats why up top I wrote "online is a world of its own...but speaking of general gameplay terms" aka...the stuff in the game, programmed in the actual game. I wasnt reffuring to online issues which are already an infinity of problems.

I also dont know how I feel about the differences in throw ranges. I dont mind the different throw-damages characters have, like jax who can quad-slam for more damage, or Kitana and Jades more damaging throws, but I feel like maybe the ranges should be equal so throw opportunities are equal. And as far as damage goes, id preffer if the lower-tiers had more damaging throws than like Kabal...cuz he's got enough up his sleeve anyway.

X820 said:
Ontopic: Uppercuts that don't connect, priorities that seem to be random, shit like that.
I agree with this, especially the priority issues. There's a player that seems to always have priority over any close range action that I do. For example, if I cross him up and try to throw, most times he gets the uppercut. When the situation is reversed, I get thrown without hesitation. Don't understand it.

NoDoubt

nasty
OUIJA WARRIOR said:
I agree with this, especially the priority issues. There's a player that seems to always have priority over any close range action that I do. For example, if I cross him up and try to throw, most times he gets the uppercut. When the situation is reversed, I get thrown without hesitation. Don't understand it.
Yea thats probably most definately the match-priority shit thats in the game + online delay. I hate when I cross up someone and fail to reverse my jump kick cuz of delay so my kick lands in the direction where i'll just get uppercutted. That goes for jump hp starters too : /

BeRB

Noob
Speaking of weird frames does anyone notice in MKII When you teleport with raiden and if the other character is in an attacking position for the other side it whiffs alot this was pissing me off the other day lol there's not a whole let about umk3 that pisses me off other then liu kang should be the most badass ;)

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Well, I don't have a problem with the AI in general because it is the easiest of any of the MKs in my opinion. I would have to say the throwing thing. Not being able to block the AI throwing me is one of my biggest issues, but that's applicable to MK1-UMK3. Don't know about MK4. Also, the projectile throwing whenever you leave the ground sucks.

X820

Noob
BeRB said:
Someone mentioned something frame-related I was responding to it. No need to be a jerk.
Yes, UMK3 frames not yet again some randomness you have to bring again wich is not topic related.
I adressed you nothing more so loose the attitude already.
The sections are here for a reason, I suggest you start sticking to them.

Oh and check your PM.

FatalTragedy said:
Liu Kang and Mileena damage/effort ratio.
^ Definitely. The Mileena roll juggles are tough for me to pull of and give minimal damage. Don't even talk to me about Liu Kang. That awful damage protection just makes the pop up a waste of potential.

- Also, standing in one spot and punch blocking the entire round waiting for the opponent to make a mistake.

X820 what's "skidding"?

Eternal

Noob
NoDoubtArion said:
I hate chasing players around like that.. But I can tell they love doing it lol

-uppercuts that dont connect when they clearly should
-uppercutting crossups is a bitch when theres input delay
-online input delay lol
-kanos blade uppercut sucks