What's new

What Annoys you most in UMK3

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
OJuggernaut0 said:
The scrubby attitudes of the majority of the UMK3 community is quite annoying. Even many of the decent players have a "scrub like" attitude. What is it about UMK3 that makes people act like idiots?

Also... Kabal. That is all.
It's like that with any major fighting game. Some people get very arrogant, some people act like assholes because they feel safe bashing someone across the net where the person cannot physically retaliate, and some people are just plain stupid. I think fighting games really show the personality of someone, whether they realize it or not. You can learn a lot about someone by their fighting styles too. Might just be my point of view...

NoDoubt

nasty
DCIguy said:
It's like that with any major fighting game. Some people get very arrogant, some people act like assholes because they feel safe bashing someone across the net where the person cannot physically retaliate, and some people are just plain stupid. I think fighting games really show the personality of someone, whether they realize it or not. You can learn a lot about someone by their fighting styles too. Might just be my point of view...

I completely agrEE. wats my fighting style and wat does it say about me? : P

hmm new thread? lol sike

I wish it had a practice mode.

Couple things I wish this game had that they put in KI,

true wake ups ... that would change the entire game plan
over-head combo starters when people hold back and block (loved that in KI)

S

SuGaR

It does have over-head starters. For starters, I'm over your head.

I got jokes.

Derek said:
It does have over-head starters. For starters, I'm over your head.
Yeah... lol.

One more, the Xbox controller! I use the d-pad and can't get Kung Lao's spin and a couple other moves off consistently. I have been doing the f-d-f uppercut move since sf2, but the d-pad has the thumb in a bad position to use run with it. I have tried an arcade stick, which works but the run and block feel awkward after learning on an xbox controller. I am going to try the ps2 controller ... heard of people playing with them. I was over at a friends house playng ps3 the other day and the directional buttons on that controller felt very solid.

NoDoubt

nasty
I use PS2 controller. not sure exactly how bad delay is with the converter i use but it beats the xbox d-pad by a mile 4 me. cant play with anything else

HD screen-delay

Going from playing on an SD CRT to a big HD LCD screen there is definately noticable delay/lag. It droive me nuts for a while but I've kinda gotten used to it.

Yeah I can't even play right on an HD screen. Went to a buddy's house and played UMK3 on his 37 inch HD TV, and my whole equilibrium was thrown off. But I did manage to see certain parts of the game in more interesting detail than ever before, such as the little kombat kode icons.