What's new

Question - Tempest What am I supposed to do after 11212 EX hat spin on block

FreshPrinceOfPine

You think you're bad?
So I've got KLs long ass string down pretty consistently online, and Ik that the thing that makes tempest tempest is his pressure. Against average and below average players, I can just keep doing that combo and they'll just keep blocking. Then I can get away with F23 or B2 to mix up. But against better players, after the ex hat spin they just do a crouch attack bc S1 is a high, and f23 seems too slow. So I guess I could just block low after, but then i lose the offensive advantage. Is there something specific I should do after the ex hat spin against better players?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
So I've got KLs long ass string down pretty consistently online, and Ik that the thing that makes tempest tempest is his pressure. Against average and below average players, I can just keep doing that combo and they'll just keep blocking. Then I can get away with F23 or B2 to mix up. But against better players, after the ex hat spin they just do a crouch attack bc S1 is a high, and f23 seems too slow. So I guess I could just block low after, but then i lose the offensive advantage. Is there something specific I should do after the ex hat spin against better players?
What's EX Hat Spin on block?

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
don't update mkx and just play the version where ex hat is +67

edit : the correct answer would be = fall back, block or mix with random punishable stuff (dive kick f. e.)

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
-Walk back and whiffpunish
- jump back divekick to punish people mashing pokes
-throw

Its +7 but you still have to use your brain you know.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Isn't EX hatspin still +7 on block? F2 should still beat out any poke attempt after it as long as you're timing it right.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
F2 is not a true mid, not to say it’s useless in this situation tho. A character with a fast low profiling D4 like Sub, Scorpion, or Cassie Cage is no bueno. I’d either walk back, or do my own D4 or throw maybe. But in the corner Lao’s stagger game is pound town