What's new

What am I missing with Fujin?

What's his deal? Every string I can cancel starts with a high or is super unsafe. How do I go on the offensive with him? I'm not the best player here so the answer to my question might be obvious, but I'm trying to see how my opponent doesn't just duck and punish or block and punish everything I do. What am I missing about his game plan?

Which variation are you using?
I haven't settled on one. That's actually where my question came from is I was playing with each and kinda puzzled as to what the themes of them are. V3 sounded like an interesting space control/zoning variation, but getting rid of the crossbow and instead having a push that does no damage unless amplified is weird. V2 felt like maybe a good combo variation, but it feels so hard to actually open people up for a combo. I haven't really played much with V1.

Sorry, I know that's not that helpful, but any suggestions you have about which of the variations are viable and what they're good at would be welcome.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
I have been enjoying v1 but damn fujin is super execution heavy. In v1 you can cancel strings into divine wind (short hop levitation) into air tornado for meterless combos. Its nice having his armor break wind kicks as well if you read the breakaway.

b11 whiff punishing, f3 under projectiles into combo confirms, s4 db2 conversions when the opponent gets jump happy (or retreating db2 into conversion if they get Sheeva stomp happy)

v2 gets the safety though cancelling strings into warped needle amp

haven’t gave v3 enough of a go yet but at least he can combo into his f31 kb

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
What's his deal? Every string I can cancel starts with a high or is super unsafe. How do I go on the offensive with him? I'm not the best player here so the answer to my question might be obvious, but I'm trying to see how my opponent doesn't just duck and punish or block and punish everything I do. What am I missing about his game plan?
His dashes are stupid fast. Use pokes into backdashes into B11(212) pressure / hitconfirms for combos. Threaten midrange with B2 into Needle (if V2), F3, Krossbow, and F2 1+3 to keep opponents from pressing anything.