What's new

WGC (World Game Cup) player list

still don't know if i finally attend this tournament..
i have paid the flight and inscription so when i come back from new york i'll try make a deal (taking 3 days of my next vacacions), but now i'm 80% not going
:(

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I hear all the time in the EU MK community that we must rep the game and blah blah blah but no one seems to really care and when the time comes to come up and show what you can do you simply dont show up. Just see how the US com is doing and learn from that plz. Thats all i have to say in that matter.
Sorry Metzos, But i really don't know what else to say. There is just nothing in my power that I can do to financially make it out to france, ive been planning for months, but things come up unexpectedly, and I for one want nothing more than to go and compete. I even got my passport restored which cost £90, but I can't go now, so that has been a waste of my time getting that done urgently for Feb.

I am the one that has to deal with the fact that all my hard work and time spend on the game is going to waste, and I won't get the chance for another major for at least 4-5 months. Im more gutted than anyone.

Flagg

Noob
Part of the reason I didn't put my name down for this is because im already saving for a holiday in July which I planned with my ex, before this tournie was announced, ironically to America, and it wouldn't be an option to go to Cannes as im already busting my arse at working saving for this holiday. So I kind of sympathise with the people with other priorities, but it also sucks that this is happening now, so close to this starting, but ces't le vie as the frenchies would say.

Gotta say though, the Yanks ask us to go to Evo, and how can we say "sure" when people are dropping from a big tournie in France?

There was some thread a month or so ago about how "we" can make the tournie scene develop. "Europe" is basically Ireland, the UK and the European mainland. Do guys outside these three places travel to the others at all? I have to admit it will suck not seeing/hearing how Foxxy and Glue were blowing people up, left right and center.

I know I cant lend any weight or opinion as im not even going, but im sacrificing a lot for this holiday im going on in July. Im not going to use a car or train each month and cycle to work. That right there, will save me 100 pounds a month. Im taking my own food into work instead of getting food at work, that there is saving me, another 100 pounds a month. Try giving up the smokes and drink for a month, you'll be amazed how much you save there. Get a small loan from the bank, extend the overdraft.

What im saying is, there are ways and means.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
again guys, its not the fact people arent going thats annoyed me, its the way many said earlier 'yeah ill DEFINATELY make it if mk gets the vote' and now not only not going, but still stalling matters by claiming itll probably suck and how they dont know.

you're either going or you arent, no need to drag it out.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Sorry Metzos, But i really don't know what else to say. There is just nothing in my power that I can do to financially make it out to france, ive been planning for months, but things come up unexpectedly, and I for one want nothing more than to go and compete. I even got my passport restored which cost £90, but I can't go now, so that has been a waste of my time getting that done urgently for Feb.

I am the one that has to deal with the fact that all my hard work and time spend on the game is going to waste, and I won't get the chance for another major for at least 4-5 months. Im more gutted than anyone.

Np m8 i didnt mean to upset you with that post and trust me i know how much you wanna go to WGC and compete.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Sooo Foxy you arent going either ? Ok....
:( You dunno how much I wanted to break you either man. Your time will come. Dont you worry.

Sucks that Jay and myself have been workin rediculously hard with our characters and finding all this dirt, to both be fucked over by life. I wouldnt even be able to make it if it was in England at this rate.

AssassiN

Noob
Suit yourself.

SvB was fine, i dont see your point.
Really, I heard only 10 people or so showed at SVB?
Guess I heard it wrong.

Like I said, I would be going but because of financial reasons I can't. Would cost €200-300 to go there.
Dunno why, but trains and airplanes are expensive right now for France. It's much cheaper to go to Netherlands than France.

:( You dunno how much I wanted to break you either man. Your time will come. Dont you worry.

Sucks that Jay and myself have been workin rediculously hard with our characters and finding all this dirt, to both be fucked over by life. I wouldnt even be able to make it if it was in England at this rate.
Too bad :(, was looking forward to seeing some more Sonya and Cage.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Will be taking an xbox or ps3 to france with me, as i paid a rediculous £24 to allow up to 20kg of luggage, so i dont have to cram everything into a tiny backpack, and also so that there can be MK in the room we stay at, so by all means if anyone who is staying for the tournament wishes to come join in then do say!

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
So let me get this right as I need to sort this out. The tournament is only on Sat 18th Feb? I assume people are flying in around mid day on Friday 17th and leaving Sun 19th AM? Which hotels are you guys booking? Would be good to get this sorted before the prices go mental.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
im going for the whole event, the vent it the 17th-19th, mortal kombat takes place on the 18th, im flying in with ketchup, karnage, howtoread and smokey on the 16th to make sure we get to the event well on time, well be flying back to london on the 20th.

ill pm you more details

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Flying in thursday night, flying home monday night, that was the cheapest option by quite a bit i think, got total flights for about £120, though mustard and ketchups were cheaper, and i bought insurance and luggage allowance so i can take console, you probably wont have to do that unless you plan on taking something thats worth paying £10 to insure, or £25 to allow you to take more than just a rucksack. All done through easyjet.

Thead

Noob
Just over a week left to register.

EU get your fucking act together!

American? Fly over and put your money where your mouth is, your easy prize money will significantly cut costs to you!

MK_Al

Noob
So registration will close in three days and only 27 out of 64 slots are taken. I fear no european tournament host will think about playing MK9 in the future while all the other games have twice as much participants.
Anyway, i hope for a great tournament (as it's my first...), lots of casuals (@smokey does your invitation count for me as well?) and maybe some beer afterwards!
"theAl"

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
So registration will close in three days and only 27 out of 64 slots are taken. I fear no european tournament host will think about playing MK9 in the future while all the other games have twice as much participants.
you're exactly right, if mk doesnt make it to any majors in europe from now on its solely on the shoulders of the players, and will have no right to complain about it.

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Hi M8,

Dr Jackal from Finish Him Kommunity.
I would like to know who is coming in this event, we are a few from France. (the list will be updated soon)
I am not sure I understood everything so thank you to tell me if there is some players who finally not come.

Hope to see lot of players, with a good spirit, let's represent together the worldwide Mortal Kombat Kommunity. ;)

@Used, fucking bad news, I was really expected to see you in WGC with my bro Tendou. Is it definitely dead for you ?

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Hi M8,

Dr Jackal from Finish Him Kommunity.
I would like to know who is coming in this event, we are a few from France. (the list will be updated soon)
I am not sure I understood everything so thank you to tell me if there is some players who finally not come.

Hope to see lot of players, with a good spirit, let's represent together the worldwide Mortal Kombat Kommunity.
hey dude, good to know you're going :)

from the UK we have:

mustard
ketchup
howtoread
smokey
thead
bengman
kyzertron
helter skelter
klutch
albo
problem x (i think)

the list is on the worldgamecup site of whos currently going

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I'm just looking forward to casuals with all the Greek players, i was sorta all over the shop at svb and i didn't get the chance to just sit and have some casuals with them. Which was a shame as my set with Nivek was fun as hell!

See you guys soon!

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
hey dude, good to know you're going :)

from the UK we have:

mustard
ketchup
howtoread
smokey
thead
bengman
kyzertron
helter skelter
klutch
albo
problem x (i think)

the list is on the worldgamecup site of whos currently going
Hey Mustard, Ok really nice, some good names here :D Smokey told me you are travelling together. I don't know everybody in the list, it will be the surprise I guess.
In my Kommunity we have : Albritz, Dr Jackal, Tendou Tensei, Magikraf, SteakzTeacher, Djoudj, Daloul... Maybe others players will be confirmed soon.

The travel cost is crazy for Frenchies who lives in Paris .... normally we excpected more French players for this event. (I hope)

Do you have all your adaptators ? ;)