What's new

Strategy We're in agreement. F3 is the best ender for Dash MB.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
After talking with Krayzie and Ninj, we've decided that F3 is the optimal knockdown from all scenarios. We already know that the Double F3 knockdown is amazing and ideal. But what about combos that use CatDash MB, awaiting your ground knockdown?

Traditionally we've been using 1F2, or maybe DF3. Well here we're gonna see why, again, F3 is the way to go.

F3 has 4 clear advantages over the 1F2 ender. It takes a little less than 1% more damage. It grants more advantage. It helps with bomb placement timing. It allows a whiffed CatDash to bait a desperation wakeup. And you can pass through their bodies just like the Double F3 knockdown!

So, start using it! 1F2 will only be your combo ender if you think you're about to miss the Double F3, or if the interactable distance measurement requires it.
(See "The Mad Science of Interactables": http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/the-mad-science-of-interactables-controlling-combo-carry-distance-for-interactable-spacing.33245/ )

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
So basically just do b3 f3 as an ender?
No, B3 would be followed by F3 whiff into F3 hard knockdown for the ambiguous setup. And in meter combos where you use MB CatDash, use a F3 for the knockdown there. I'm saying that whether it's a meterless combo using Double F3, or a combo where there's a MB CatDash follow up to the first whiffed F3, you'll be using F3 as your ender for every combo you do.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Is this to set up the cat dash mb that crosses them up then comes back on wake up?

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I'm not sure. I don't have someone here to test that with. Doesn't work on the AI. But the AI is godlike.
Well I'm just asking because regardless of what setup is awesome for that wolverine style catdash mixup the universal answer is down which blocks mid/low/left/right all at the same time into full combo punish.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Well I'm just asking because regardless of what setup is awesome for that wolverine style catdash mixup the universal answer is down which blocks mid/low/left/right all at the same time into full combo punish.
Yeah, that's not what I'm advocating here at all. If you want to make that read and preemptively try to stop a wakeup you can, but it would be safer to bait and block. Did you watch the video though? I say nothing about that setup.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Yeah, that's not what I'm advocating here at all. If you want to make that read and preemptively try to stop a wakeup you can, but it would be safer to bait and block. Did you watch the video though? I say nothing about that setup.
Can't watch videos right now. Thats why I asked.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Can't watch videos right now. Thats why I asked.
Ok well the info is all typed out in the OP. "F3 has 4 clear advantages over the 1F2 ender. It takes a little less than 1% more damage. It grants more advantage. It helps with bomb placement timing. It allows a whiffed CatDash to bait a desperation wakeup. And you can pass through their bodies just like the Double F3 knockdown!"

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So...using F3 as an ender after a MB Cat Dash...how does affect the damage as say 1F2 and such. F3 ender more damage? Christ I'll have to add yet another section to my combo list thread... :) Good shit, Mayo.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
So...using F3 as an ender after a MB Cat Dash...how does affect the damage as say 1F2 and such. F3 ender more damage? Christ I'll have to add yet another section to my combo list thread... :) Good shit, Mayo.
F3 does about .5% more damage, as well as the extra advantage and pass through ability.