What's new

Welp Joker got in MK...Now what

Rosie

Noob
Now that Joker has been announced for MK, The Joker community is now faced with a unique situation that the rest of the Injustice and MK rosters don't have. From the Injustice perspective, Joker is the only character that lives on into NRS's next game. From the MK perspective, we have two games as a reference point for what Joker might do or want to do in MK. What are everyone's opening thoughts? Do we want buffs or a full rework? Are there moves from other Injustice characters we may want to give Joker seeing he is the only Injustice rep (Batman's J2 pls) Are we even going to play Joker at all? Any thoughts or is the Joker forum dead?

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I was going to make a longer post but "is the forums dead" part kind of took the wind out of my sails

I hope his animations are good

Rosie

Noob
I thought it was a legit question because this place seems like a bit of a ghost town. I would like to get people talking again. That's the goal

Rosie

Noob
I was referring to the Injustice 2 Joker forum specifically. I didn't know it would end up on the main forum page. oof

Rosie

Noob
Since no one is talking about his new cane, expect good normals and pokes like Bo Rai Cho had with his cane alongside some of Joker's specials from injustice.

But tbh, I feel like he's going to be a whole new character.
I was noticing that cane as well. I hope his cane is a bigger part of his kit to give him some more range on his normals. He needs to be better at pressuring the block and controlling space and I think the cane will be able to do both

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I assume he'll be a totally new character, right? the MK11 system is very different from IJ2 (a bigger leap from taking MKX characters and putting them into IJ2 anyway).

Rosie

Noob
Possibly but based on Raiden and Sub-Zero in Injustice, he may retain some of his core elements such as a few specials

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I'm not expecting a completely new character, really more of a transfer of his Injustice 2 character but with a lot of tweaks, similar to Sub and Raiden. There was a lot to work with there in terms of strings and whatnot and I'm interested to see how that would transfer to MK11. He had a lot of cool strings and I think that design will be more interesting in a game without big combos and more focus on neutral and string pressure.

I really really hope that they don't get cheap with the animations for him, like I expect him to be derivative of Injustice, but I don't want to see updated IGAU animations in MK11. But maybe they go all out and redo him from the ground up.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
One thing I'm hoping for is a crowbar command grab, or possibly as a Fatality, he delivers a brutal beating with a crowbar, followed by blowing them up with a time bomb, as a nod to the Death in the Family storyline.
It looks like that cane took place of his crowbar unless he has it tucked away somewhere :eek:

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
As someone who didn't play the Injustice games but just watched a few matches, I'm not really sure what Joker had in his combos aside from Chattering Teeth, his Gas Canister and his Acid Flower, but from my knowledge of the character, I'm thinking he could have moves like this:

-Razor-edged playing cards
-A return of the acid flower for restands
-Cyanide pies
-A revolver that shoots out a BANG flag to impale his opponent on meter-burn
-Joker venom for one of his Fatalities

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Since no one is talking about his new cane, expect good normals and pokes like Bo Rai Cho had with his cane alongside some of Joker's specials from injustice.

But tbh, I feel like he's going to be a whole new character.
Of course it'll be a trick cane with a blade or bullets. I'd like him to play like MK Vs DC Universe. He was a fighting force in that game!