What's new

Welcome TYMers

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
With the reveal just 3 days away I forsee a flood of new meat to the forums and I just wanted to take a moment here to thank all the mods for what they do and express my gratitude for everyone that makes these forums such a pleasure to chat and communicate with. It's loaded with sarcasm and always somewhere to find a good laugh.

More on point though, this is a wonderful site for casuals and competitive players alike. Plenty of us here have no problems teaching you and helping you learn the game mechanics, notation, and lingo. I hope you guys find your place here and stay active with our community. We love having debates and just a good old fashioned time here. Everyone here is super respectful and you'll always have a friendly environment to spend time in.

After all, this is for MK11. The hype train is in full swing and you better believe TYM is gonna thrive for it. Just four short months and we'll all be back in the lab busting out bnbs and finding tech all over again. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask one of our members. We're all happy to help you and troll you too. :DOGE.

I'd just like for all our newcomers to be welcome and find their place here, and if you're coming back from a break we welcome you back and appreciate your valuable time here just the same. We're super laid back and we cater to all kinds here. Feel free to be yourselves and just have fun with us. We can't wait to have you join us all and @STORMS is definitely going to be excited for all the traffic we're gonna have. Love you guys and I hope you have a blast here. We sure do.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep, regarding MK gameplay mechanics and techs, this site here it's the best around Internet .... sure you have tons of other sites dedicate do MK franchise around, but, from a perspective and point of view for MK fighting game combos, technics, and technical discussions issues related/linked exclusively to the game competitive aspect, this site is the best one.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
MK11 will bring the passion for everybody to lab lab lab! Threads will be made, I'll start making combo videos again, and the tournament scene will be on FIYAH! This is OUR time to make this the golden ages of TYM. Time to cease the moment! And THAT IS RIGHTEOUS ;)

stokedAF

casual kahnage
New here, it was referenced in a YouTube video I watched. I have been a lifelong fan of mk since you had to buy magazines to learn moves but I have never been really technical with any of them. I never enjoyed getting my ass kicked online so i gravitated towards the single and local content. I never went for any of the online trophies. I’m trying to be different this time around, I want an mk platinum lol. I don’t want to play competitively in tournaments but I want be good enough to do that.

I’ll be back to see to what seasoned people are saying about characters and try to take a serious look at mechanics.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I think so, yeah. There were a few.
Hah, same reason why I'm here now. :p
I always heard from other places that TYM was only for gameplay tech talk, but the Netherkast boys confirmed that's not true. It's just the BEST place to go if you wanna talk gameplay tech stuff, but there's room for all sort of MK talk. ^^

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I'm fairly new on TYM, and I've definitely felt welcome into this community.
You're also a pleasure to talk with on here.
New here, it was referenced in a YouTube video I watched. I have been a lifelong fan of mk since you had to buy magazines to learn moves but I have never been really technical with any of them. I never enjoyed getting my ass kicked online so i gravitated towards the single and local content. I never went for any of the online trophies. I’m trying to be different this time around, I want an mk platinum lol. I don’t want to play competitively in tournaments but I want be good enough to do that.

I’ll be back to see to what seasoned people are saying about characters and try to take a serious look at mechanics.
I've personally never been huge in the tournament scene. I never went to any majors or anything but I've competed in quite a few locals. I have the platinum for mkx and for injustice 2 so I definitely get the urge to platinum an NRS game.

I've been part of this community since October 2010. So I've been here forever lol. Just goes to show you how much of a joy it is to be here.

When I first joined I wasn't really playing on a competitive level but throughout the years I've become a stronger player. There's no way I'm on the highest possible level or tournament scene but back when mk9 came out I got to play quite a few matches with @Juggs and @DanCock. Really tested my skills and was a great learning experience.

One thing you should remember is if you're trying to play competitively, don't look at a loss as a bad thing. Take it to the lab. Find out why you lost and learn from those experiences.
Did you jump too much and get anti aired for it?
Did you commit to super unsafe moves and get full combo punished?
The main thing you wanna do is use those losses as lessons. It's always better to get your ass whooped than it is to whoop someone's ass. If you're not playing people better than you are, you'll never really improve.

A lot of players here have no issues giving you advice either. So if you've uploaded matches they can watch them and help break down the reasons you've lost. We have a lot of tournament players that frequent these forums too so you're all in good hands.