What's new

General/Other - Thunder God Weird bug on Unbreakable Sub Zero's Ice Parry

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I don't know if it's known, but during on the tests to find the un-parryable attacks on UBSZ's Ice Parry, I found this weird bug and it's specific only in Thunder God.

As you can see, the following combo strings do have a great thunder range:

Divine Power (F12B2(H))
Violent Thunder (F22+4(H))
Elder Fury (F3,2(H))
Flash Storm (3,2+4(H))

but... for some weird reason, Raiden gets frozen. The game rule says that only the living organism may get frozen, but the thunder is not a living organism, but an element of nature.

Only All Powerful (B112(H)) doesn't get frozen. I tested all the combo strings and special attacks and concluded that it's due of the hurtboxes on the thunders or the Ice Parry has a huge hitbox only against Thunder God Raiden. You can see that Raiden is OUTSIDE of that Ice Parry's range.

Maybe most of you guys have dropped Raiden, but thought of warning you, just in case you play against Unbreakable Sub Zero.

@Nivek , @DDutchguy , @Lil Majin , @any Raiden main.

P.S.: Goonie, I would love to tag you, but can't remember your full nick. Sorry.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
This isn't really much of a bug. A lot of moves that are in the range of a parry will be parried including some projectiles. For example most projectiles get parried by sonya if done too close, and it's a similar thing here.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
As the God Of Thunder the mortal form Lord Raiden takes to participate in the tournament is in fact made up of pure lighting and static energy. He is living lightning that just appears as flesh. Therefor his lightning moves are an extension of himself and the well documented Organic Rule for the parry still applies.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
As the God Of Thunder the mortal form Lord Raiden takes to participate in the tournament is in fact made up of pure lighting and static energy. He is living lightning that just appears as flesh. Therefor his lightning moves are an extension of himself and the well documented Organic Rule for the parry still applies.
I see. Didn't know about this. Judging by what you said, you guys kreated a living thunder in human form.

This isn't a bug bruh. It's a grounded attack. It looks strange bc the frozen animation only captures the character model. And if your worried about the fact that it's thunder the parry stops his thunder projectile too so....