What's new

Question We need a verdict on this matchup

I admit, I was very confused by what was taking place. I thought FTD could punish guns and vice versa, but I didn't see it happen much (I especially didn't see Theo punishing any ranged attacks)- only at certain gunshot-distances maybe?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I admit, I was very confused by what was taking place. I thought FTD could punish guns and vice versa, but I didn't see it happen much (I especially didn't see Theo punishing any ranged attacks)- only at certain gunshot-distances maybe?
Only right outside jump range can Aquaman punish low guns. Even then, Aquaman has to guess if DS is going to do mb low guns or just normal ones. He mis-times his punish and is too late, then he eats quickfires. So he has to be heavily concentrated and commited to punishing low guns. If an Aquaman is in this state-of-mind, it's then much easier for DS to dash up and apply pressure and his guessing games.

TKB

Noob
I think it's 5-5. Both can deal quite well with each other, but Deathstroke can chip aquaman a lot while simultaneously forcing him to play rushdown; aquaman wants you to play on his terms, not the other way around.

As for Evo, Theo seemed uncomfortable with the matchup. He usually plays flawlessly and was making a lot of mistakes. It was a really good match either way.

@MITDJT just out of curiosity, what was the reason for using d1 sword flip instead of f23 sword flip in your combos? F23 gives you a little more damage.

I think it's 5-5. Both can deal quite well with each other, but Deathstroke can chip aquaman a lot while simultaneously forcing him to play rushdown; aquaman wants you to play on his terms, not the other way around.

As for Evo, Theo seemed uncomfortable with the matchup. He usually plays flawlessly and was making a lot of mistakes. It was a really good match either way.

@MITDJT just out of curiosity, what was the reason for using d1 sword flip instead of f23 sword flip in your combos? F23 gives you a little more damage.
ah I just didn't want to drop my combos :p so I kept it simple is all. Usually i'd end combos with 1,2 sword flip.

Reactions: TKB

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I think this is the only community that thinks MU numbers aren't a guage; they're a guarantee. He lost a match in a tournament. Why has the MU changed because of this?
I hate those kind of mentalities. Anything can happen in a ft2. I had hella people telling me Lobo must be rough for Lex because I lost to Oxygen once even though it's one of Lobo's worst/Lex's best matchups.

I think this is the only community that thinks MU numbers aren't a guage; they're a guarantee. He lost a match in a tournament. Why has the MU changed because of this?
I don't think it changed, the same people who always said it was 5-5 brought this up to( again) support their claim.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
As I have said in the other thread, Theo played fairly sloppy and did not punish one single blocked low gunshot. Everyone who plays Theo knows he punishes low gunshots consistently, even online. If you watch the series versus MIT, Theo's timing was clearly off. He tries to punish low gunshots too early and gets hit by the second bullet too many times. If Deathstroke could safely spam low gunshots, this match would be 5:5 or in Deathstroke's favor.

Also, Deathstroke's footsies are not superior to Aquaman's. Aquaman has an answer for everything that Deathstroke does at mid range. d+2 beats j.3 and f+3. FTD punishes low gunshots. b+1,2 makes b+2 and b+1,u+2 difficult to use.

Deathstroke does perform better than most against Aquaman because Deathstroke abuses Aquaman on wake up and high gunshots always punish FTD.

By the way, Theo lost to Noobe's Doomsday too. Is Aquaman versus Doomsday also 5:5? Funny how there is no thread discussing that match up.

As I have said in the other thread, Theo played fairly sloppy and did not punish one single blocked low gunshot. Everyone who plays Theo knows he punishes low gunshots consistently, even online. If you watch the series versus MIT, Theo's timing was clearly off. He tries to punish low gunshots too early and gets hit by the second bullet too many times. If Deathstroke could safely spam low gunshots, this match would be 5:5 or in Deathstroke's favor.

Also, Deathstroke's footsies are not superior to Aquaman's. Aquaman has an answer for everything that Deathstroke does at mid range. d+2 beats j.3 and f+3. FTD punishes low gunshots. b+1,2 makes b+2 and b+1,u+2 difficult to use.

Deathstroke does perform better than most against Aquaman because Deathstroke abuses Aquaman on wake up and high gunshots always punish FTD.

By the way, Theo lost to Noobe's Doomsday too. Is Aquaman versus Doomsday also 5:5? Funny how there is no thread discussing that match up.
the people who have always said it was 5-5 are saying it is 5-5 now. They are only bringing this up because DS happened to beat AM and some people can't be convinced unless they have seen results. Also d2 doesnt just beat f3, the theo vs mit match showed that, you can mix it up with mb f3. So what theo missed 2 whiff punishes, you guys are acting as if that never happens, the guy is human.

Edit: also are you going to ignore the fact that mit didnt optimise damage as well. He didn't want to drop any combos so he went for easier ones.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
But hey DS suck because low gunshots.
Totally agreed - the low gun shots nerf was a huge bill.

People saw the -24 in the frame data an freaked out but that only applies point blank. The frame disadvantage disapates rapidly as you move away. As Sinestro I have a 9 frame projectile but I can still only punish this when I'm fairly close to DS.

The move is still good.

slight advantage aquaman on neutral stages

6-4 deathstroke on watchtower, ferris aircraft, hall of justice, alley way, mess hall, prison level and possibly a few others... could be considered definitively in deahtstrokes favor on ferris aircraft.

final answer, settled, close thread.