What's new

Match-up Discussion We need a new matchup Chart for Skarlet

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm tired of watching this character being forggoten or ignored on matchup charts because generally players consider that there is no high level skarlet player, so though we could discuss it and writte it down a match up chart based on our fight experience with skarlet against others players and judging by the tools of each one of them if is threatning or not to our girl.

The list below is the matchup based on my experience against other angolan players:

vs Baraka ?
vs Cyber Sub-Zero?
vs Cyrax 6/4
vs Ermac ?
vs Freddy Krueger ?
vs Jade 5/5 According to Deity
vs Jax 4/6
vs Johnny Cage 5/5
vs Kabal 6.4/5.5/4.6
vs Kano 4/6
vs Kenshi ?
vs Kitana 5/5 Deity and Eddy Wang Agrees
vs Kung Lao 5/5 According to @Diety
vs Liu Kang 4/6
vs Mileena 5/5 According to Death
vs Nightwolf 6/4
vs Noob Saibot 5/5
vs Quan Chi ?
vs Raiden 7/3
vs Rain 4/6
vs Reptile 4/6
vs Scorpion ?
vs Sektor ?
vs Shang Tsung ?
vs Sheeva ?
vs Sindel ?
vs Smoke ?
vs Sonya Blade ?
vs Stryker 5/5 According to LETHAL LEGEND
vs Sub-Zero 6/4

Some Special Notes:

vs Cyrax: His net is punishable on reaction with the iablood stomp, his bomb set ups are ruined with En Red Dashes putting him on risk.
- Watch out for meter burning tatics.

vs Cage: F3 is a pain in the ass, and Zonning seems to be the best way to keep him Away.
options: -Bait Shadow kicks with Dagger cancels works sometimes.
- Not moving around too much to avoid Shadow Kicks or Flip Kicks
- D+3 for spacing him out making his F3 unreachable works well too to follow up with F+4 if you're fast enough.

vs Kabal: this matchup is defined with best mind game execution, meter management and will all depend if Skarlet has meter or not.
If Skarlets manage to have at least 1 meter in check, she has a slight advantage to stop any of Kabal's tatics
While she has meter:
- Iagb can only be used by far distance to avoid getting armored Through
- NDC block pressures can be answered with En Red Dashes
- Anti-Wakeup attack Tech shuts down every of his Wakeup comeback game

While she has no meter:
- NDC Block pressures can be timed with D+1 or D+3 carefully to stop his strings

vs Reptile: Possibly one of the real pain in the ass, because this character can't bet steady in one place, and this is problematic for Skarlet, Dash happytiles are seriously a problem to deal with.

Reptile cannot Acid Spit, or use Force Balls as zoning, they are punishable on reaction with ia blood stomp.
Expect him to Dash up if they're falling down consistently with the red slides, they prefer to stay on motion than just stay on block.

Mostly of her general gameplay works well against 6/4 matchup characters, where she has the advantage and force them to play on her favor.

Well thats it for me, post yours and see if we can get to a common sence here

LEGEND

YES!
Shang does alright vs Skartlet, probably slightly in her favor

Stryker could be 5-5, its not that bad for either character

Flagg

Noob
You can punish Mileenas ball and telekick with F4 into up/down slash, then combo. Not sure if the F4 gets around a telekick insta air sai?

Not sure what the properties are for Strykers roll, but her down slide seems to beat the regular and ex version.

Deity

Noob
You can punish Mileenas ball and telekick with F4 into up/down slash, then combo. Not sure if the F4 gets around a telekick insta air sai?

Not sure what the properties are for Strykers roll, but her down slide seems to beat the regular and ex version.
Does this do more than the U3 starter?
KL 5-5
Kitana 5-5
Jax 5-5
Jade 5.5-4.5

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
How does she win 7-3 vs Raiden :3
I placed 7-3 because 2 of his strings are interruptible and leaves him on big disvantage against skarlet, 7-3 is not 7 wins to 3, is just pratically unfair for rayden. Without use of his strings, he will teleport to try another tatics, since he can't zone Skarlet, so his gameplay becomes very obvious

Does this do more than the U3 starter?
KL 5-5
Kitana 5-5
Jax 5-5
Jade 5.5-4.5
This is what i think too, but i didn't place on my chart like this because KL and Jax have a good pressure game and its not easy to come out even with skarlet.
Yup Kitana is a fair matchup.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
What if Raiden never uses 334 or b312 or stops them early with teleport. Good Raiden's who know the matchup will use f24 which you cannot interrupt and is 100% safe plus gives 20% on hit and you are now cornered. I don't see even remotely how this could be as bad as 7-3.

Get B W1zZ in here.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What if Raiden never uses 334 or b312 or stops them early with teleport. Good Raiden's who know the matchup will use f24 which you cannot interrupt and is 100% safe plus gives 20% on hit and you are now cornered. I don't see even remotely how this could be as bad as 7-3.

Get B W1zZ in here.
Does stopping 334 and b312 with teleport gives rayden block advantage or is neutral on block?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
No but it makes you think about it and increases your reaction time each time he gets you in that situation because you are watching for whether he will teleport or commit to the blockstring... but really, he never needs to use those strings to be a complete pain and abuse you with f24, the threat of superman and teleport.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
No but it makes you think about it and increases your reaction time each time he gets you in that situation because you are watching for whether he will teleport or commit to the blockstring... but really, he never needs to use those strings to be a complete pain and abuse you with f24, the threat of superman and teleport.
I seriously have to GTFO of my contry and move to USA to fight some players:D

I will take your opinions as consideration, but i will not change my matchup chart yet, need more info ^^

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I'm tired of watching this character being forggoten or ignored on matchup charts because generally players consider that there is no high level skarlet player, so though we could discuss it and writte it down a match up chart based on our fight experience with skarlet against others players and judging by the tools of each one of them if is threatning or not to our girl.

The list below is the matchup based on my experience against other angolan players:

vs Baraka ?
vs Cyber Sub-Zero?
vs Cyrax 6/4
vs Ermac ?
vs Freddy Krueger ?
vs Jade 5/5 According to Deity
vs Jax 4/6
vs Johnny Cage 5/5
vs Kabal 6.4/5.5/4.6
vs Kano 4/6
vs Kenshi ?
vs Kitana 5/5 Deity and Eddy Wang Agrees
vs Kung Lao 5/5 According to @Diety
vs Liu Kang 4/6
vs Mileena 5/5 According to Death
vs Nightwolf 6/4
vs Noob Saibot 5/5
vs Quan Chi ?
vs Raiden 7/3
vs Rain 4/6
vs Reptile 4/6
vs Scorpion ?
vs Sektor ?
vs Shang Tsung ?
vs Sheeva ?
vs Sindel ?
vs Smoke ?
vs Sonya Blade ?
vs Stryker 5/5 According to LETHAL LEGEND
vs Sub-Zero 6/4

Some Special Notes:

vs Cyrax: His net is punishable on reaction with the iablood stomp, his bomb set ups are ruined with En Red Dashes putting him on risk.
- Watch out for meter burning tatics.

vs Cage: F3 is a pain in the ass, and Zonning seems to be the best way to keep him Away.
options: -Bait Shadow kicks with Dagger cancels works sometimes.
- Not moving around too much to avoid Shadow Kicks or Flip Kicks
- D+3 for spacing him out making his F3 unreachable works well too to follow up with F+4 if you're fast enough.

vs Kabal: this matchup is defined with best mind game execution, meter management and will all depend if Skarlet has meter or not.
If Skarlets manage to have at least 1 meter in check, she has a slight advantage to stop any of Kabal's tatics
While she has meter:
- Iagb can only be used by far distance to avoid getting armored Through
- NDC block pressures can be answered with En Red Dashes
- Anti-Wakeup attack Tech shuts down every of his Wakeup comeback game

While she has no meter:
- NDC Block pressures can be timed with D+1 or D+3 carefully to stop his strings

vs Reptile: Possibly one of the real pain in the ass, because this character can't bet steady in one place, and this is problematic for Skarlet, Dash happytiles are seriously a problem to deal with.

Reptile cannot Acid Spit, or use Force Balls as zoning, they are punishable on reaction with ia blood stomp.
Expect him to Dash up if they're falling down consistently with the red slides, they prefer to stay on motion than just stay on block.

Mostly of her general gameplay works well against 6/4 matchup characters, where she has the advantage and force them to play on her favor.

Well thats it for me, post yours and see if we can get to a common sence here
Feel free to make a new matchup chart, but it will be without top level representation and understanding. Until after Evo, where I hope to have gained this knowledge. I've specifically been holding back on my MU chart (I'm the community tier list rep) for the above reason.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

NKZero

Noob
I don't think Skarlet beats Sub Zero. In fact I may see this as Sub's favour but I can't say 100%. 5-5 at the very least.

Deity

Noob
This is what i think too, but i didn't place on my chart like this because KL and Jax have a good pressure game and its not easy to come out even with skarlet.
Yup Kitana is a fair matchup.
Jax has trouble pressuring skarlet due to lack of mid hitting strings. His offence becomes obvious because he can't mix it up. GP cancel don't do much against skarlet because she can alter her jump arc in a multitude of ways. Jax has better footsies though.
Kung Lao isnt much diffrent from Jax, but his strings are harder to punish when you crouch them. Skarlet can commit to fighting either of them up close and it could go either way.
Also, my Skarlet with be making its offline debut at ATL revival. I was supposed to go to Final ROund but things came up that I couldnt ignore. This time for sure though!

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I agree on Stryker v.s. Skarlet being 5-5, both have the counterzoning tools, resets/pressure, and cannot zone each other reliably. They have to respect each others options constantly.

Jade at 5-5 also.

GGA Jeremiah and I both have Skarlet versus Sheeva at 6-4 in Skarlet's favor in our match up charts.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Forget about the fucking match-up lists and play your character. Goddam... Look at frame data, gameplay and strategies of other players and make your own list with strategies to punish them (which is the second part of the OP). This is the kind of list that's supposed to be made, not some "if the bestest player with this character meets this other bestest of this other character" bs lists. You're doing it wrong.

Flagg

Noob
I don't think Skarlet beats Sub Zero. In fact I may see this as Sub's favour but I can't say 100%. 5-5 at the very least.
I disagree. On reaction she can teleport ice blast, mid screen she can armour through clone and ice blast setting up big damaging combos. She builds meter pretty fast to.

People forget that Skarlet is one of the few characters that has a armour move that leads directly into combos, and very damaging ones at that.