What's new

Breakthrough - Takeda We made it. (10/3/2016) patch notes for Takeda

Like others have been saying the meta changes and the universal nerfs to takeda actually made lasher better than ever, like how f12 2+4 into whip trip allows you to catch people trying to poke out of or armor out of the gap of close kunai, you then create an element of doubt, so that you can then start using f12 2+4 close kunai, closing gaps is something lasher does very well and is VERY strong, creating that element of doubt and making your opponent second guess themselves gives you more options to space them out and mix them up. Basically lasher is top 5 IMO.
The fact that low slash doesn t jail on block into anything stop him from being top 5 IMO

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Because there's a gap in the f122+4 pressure now, is there a reason to use close kunai as opposed to mid kunai now? The only reason I can think is that it'll mess with armor timing?

ryublaze

Noob
Because there's a gap in the f122+4 pressure now, is there a reason to use close kunai as opposed to mid kunai now? The only reason I can think is that it'll mess with armor timing?
Well EX Kunai and mid kunai can be jumped out of now but not close kunai so it's good to catch people trying to jump.

ATIWAB

Noob
Just coming back after a long break and really missing the juggle on ex bf2 with SR, the 112-exbf2 was a punish I could do pretty reliably but don't like blowing 2 bars on it now.

Guess I'll pick up Lasher.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Just coming back after a long break and really missing the juggle on ex bf2 with SR, the 112-exbf2 was a punish I could do pretty reliably but don't like blowing 2 bars on it now.

You don't need to blow 2 bars on it in SR, it is only 2 bars if you want it to be an armored launcher

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

What MrPDP said. You can ex the move for armour and/or MB the move for the combo extension, so you now have:
BF2 by itself - no bar,not armoured, knocks down.
exBF2 - 1 bar, armoured, knocks down
BF2mb - 1 bar, not armoured, juggles for combo
exBF2mb - 2 bars, armoured, juggles for combo

So instead of doing 112~exBF2 for a combo you now do 112~BF2mb