What's new

WB Addresses Netcode Issues

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Earlier today, WB Support tweeted out this (retweeted by NRS) showing they're at least aware of a problem:

I submitted an Xbox-specific report and received these instructions as a supposed fix. I haven't had a chance to try because I've been at work, but I thought it'd be worth sharing that they put out the form to complain at, at the very least.20190605_154935.jpgScreenshot_20190605-155124_Email.jpg

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I’ve reinstalled my PC copy 4 fucking times, including once after completely reinstalling Windows 10. I still desync every other match, have 1-second input delay in offline training menus, and a game that just runs like hot garbage overall.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
So if someone actually does all this and goes through with it, are they losing all their shit and starting from square one since you're uninstalling? Or is all your progress/outfits, etc. backed up on NRS servers? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I have no idea.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
So if someone actually does all this and goes through with it, are they losing all their shit and starting from square one since you're uninstalling? Or is all your progress/outfits, etc. backed up on NRS servers? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I have no idea.
I'm fairly certain everything is backed up. You wouldn't be able to buy a new console and play either if it wasn't.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
This isn't a DLC problem. They need to put out a patch to fix the patch not have us redownload it. There are far to many effected by this to have everyone troubleshoot this when devs can add a new hotfix patch to fix the last one that screwed all consoles online.

This is not specific to Switch or PC, I'm on Xbox One and my friend has same online lag on PS4 where 80ms functions like 200-300ms when wired. Its unplayable!

I will not uninstall my profiles and Game and jump through several hoops when a hotfix can fix the problem overnight.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Yeah I don't think I'm going to risk it. I'll wait.

This seems like a "poor man's patch" so we can hopefully fix it ourselves while in the meantime they're developing the actual fix for distribution. I'm willing to bet that the last patch (which most agree is when it started lagging) is seriously ingrained with a ton of content in the game... so they are slowly going back through all that code manually to reverse it without losing everything else they were trying to fix within the game itself.

In other words, they have to basically undo all the shit they fixed. Retain the net code separately, they go back in and redo the spider web to tie it all back together again. The good news is they've already done it, so theoretically it should be much quicker than the first time.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
why would uninstalling local files affect online :confused:
There was a problem with the patch. So many had errors downloading it so the netcide was affected.
They are suggesting uninstalling all updates and redownloading them. On consoles its harder to get rid of that data than it is on PC but I'd rather they just release a patch hotfix for everyone.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
What about for PS4 users??? Been dealing with disconnects since day 1 and it's really saddening...

Sounds like a generic response to most issues from level 1 support.

In fact, this is pretty much exactly what i was told when I (and many others) had the infinite connecting to online glitch after the 2nd round of DLC for MKX. It didn't fix shit. The fix came two(!) - TWO! - patches AFTER that DLC update. I think 2-3 months later...

Only way around it was to use another profile that wasn't affected IIRC (so you don't have all your progress etc). Don't know if anyone has tried the game with a different profile on the same system to see if that makes any difference.

But yeah, I wouldn't be spending my time uninstalling/reinstalling until there's a confirmation that it does in fact work.