What's new

Ways I'd Nerf The Top Five

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Mike, you gotta provide an actual argument with an explanation bro lol
I'm just commenting bro, do I ?

124 and 34U3 shouldn't have gotten hit but that would require NRS to require Johnny Cage players to think. My suggestion was to make the last hits of 124 and 34U3 duckable so that he had to condition you with the other options, but NRS players don't want to have to actually take a risk and just want free plus frames LOL
34U3 didn't grant any sort of follow-up minus in the corner, which would be a D1, it was a good string to end a turn (which it still does that, which I'm okay with the nerf).

124 was literally the only way I could condition people on block to respect D1 on hit. The flowchart was simple, 124 on block = free d1, if the d1 hits the 124 can come out again. The d1 is easily countered in this game (OFFLINE). The meta would come in if I started noticing the d1 counters(which would only be flawless block/block assuming I'm frame perfect) and started to do other shit with that, and in MUs were your forceballs dont work for shit, it was a flowchart tool to use to condition mashing scrubs. Flowcharts are important with characters, every character should have a flowchart that makes their moves piece together as one instrument. Take that consistency away and now you have MK11 lol I find it very difficult to condition anyone in this game and thats why those nerfs (mainly 124 and forceballs, despite forceballs not being that plus) really don't fit with how I played with him.

Now, in current meta, I'm still not taking any risks with my buttons but now I'm just kinda doing random shit, the risk comes in where it should be something garaunteed rather than a yolo read. Am I gonna crush your d1? "lol Idk maybe if I mash d1 again"... Truthfully the game is only played online now so its hard to assess what the fuck is real. Nothing flows right with Johnny IMO, especially in MUs where normals/forceballs miss completely. Constantly feel like I'm randomly adjusting to the game's inconsistencies online, then all of a sudden that juicy fatal blow ping rings in my ears and I TOD someone for 60-80% depending what KBs I have loaded... and still have my armored fatal blow... that is why he is so good.

You are seriously a downplaying Liu Kang zealot.

Advancing Liu Kang strings.

F43
B142

Almost everything on this character advances. You haven't addressed my reasoning explanation in the video, which I said you had to watch to figure out why. It's because the string leads to lots of ugly kind of random scramble scenarios because it's super awkward to whiff punish and you can KNOW the Liu is gonna do it and still get hit. This adds consistency to the neutral game against Liu Kang, as well as takes away his absurd wakeup game on knockdown. A rushdown character should not have one of the best wakeup options in the entire game.
Sure. And F3333 is an advancing string too. Good luck using it to close distance.

There is no reasoning in your video, you just don't like this string and think it should go. You can apply the same logic to Jade's d2, saying it's a scrub tool (which it can be) and it's range should be reduced.

Last edited:
Sure. And F3333 is an advancing string too. Good luck using it to close distance.
What? Liu Kangs f333 is not an advancing string, but his other strings are amazing for covering sweep distance quickly. Very above average. @Chernyy Volk Rushdown/vortex characters are given great wakeups by design, and keep away characters given iffy wakeups. Just look at scorpion, geras, kung lao etc. then compare to zoning character getups like cetrion, shang, skarlet. Anyway you’re asking NRS to animate a completely new move? Not likely.

What? Liu Kangs f333 is not an advancing string, but his other strings are amazing for covering sweep distance quickly. Very above average. @Chernyy Volk Rushdown/vortex characters are given great wakeups by design, and keep away characters given iffy wakeups. Just look at scorpion, geras, kung lao etc. then compare to zoning character getups like cetrion, shang, skarlet. Anyway you’re asking NRS to animate a completely new move? Not likely.
How so? He moves forward a bit. My point is there is a huge difference between 123 and his other strings.

How so? He moves forward a bit. My point is there is a huge difference between 123 and his other strings.
Oh you’re right f3333 does advance him a bit. Not really the way that string is used though, he has much better strings for quickly covering distance. 123 is definitely one of them. Kangs spam 12 as a stagger, mixing in b1 and 123. I agree with Chernyy actually, the last hit should be a high. Or make it non special cancellable maybe.

124 and 34U3 shouldn't have gotten hit but that would require NRS to require Johnny Cage players to think. My suggestion was to make the last hits of 124 and 34U3 duckable so that he had to condition you with the other options, but NRS players don't want to have to actually take a risk and just want free plus frames LOL
He already has to condition his opponents hard to get them to stand. Now if you can duck 124 and 34U3 that means that he has to use his forceballs to make it safe due to ducking those 2 strings being universal which with it's tendencies to whiff on some of the cast makes his MU's more shit against them. This will just make Non-Outtake Johhny Cage worse because straight forceballs whiff harder.

Levaranoia

War God
Liu should also have bicycle kick KB upped to 5 amp kicks, this would tone down his overpowered to hell zoning and also take away his round 3 trump card that he leans on 99% of the time in round 3. That KB is the most ignorant KB in the game in terms of requirements. Esp in light he can get 2/3 the way there on one touch.
Should up sub zeros slide requirements as well

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
Why do you always post videos with an ear destroying screech overlaying the whole thing. Why go all through this time and effort to make a video about the game that's almost unwatchable by constant shrill buzzing...