What's new

WatchMojo Ranks the MK games from WORST to BEST

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Probably the most BROKEN fighting game in history. I hope you guys are joking....
Who gives a fuck.

It's like how Modern Warfare 2 was broken in every single aspect, yet that game is still one of the best multiplayer FPS's.

Deception was fun as fuck. Great modes, great atmosphere, great stages, some great characters (and also some trash tier ones). Fucking loved that shit, man.

Plop

Noob
MK9 is definitely the best, but I change my mind on the placements of the rest so often that I could never have made this list.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Honestly, the list is not that bad. I mean, my list would be very different, but aside for umk3 being too low, I don't see anything here being that crazy. It's a pretty fair list.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
For anyone that wants a quick list of what's in the video, here you go:

11 - MK vs DC
10 - MK: Deadly Alliance
9 - MK4
8 - MK: Armageddon
7 - UMK3
6 - MK1
5 - MK: Deception
4 - MK11
3 - MK2
2 - MKX
1 - MK9

I can't fully agree with this list. UMK3 is way too low. Here's my opinion:

11 - MK vs DC
10 - MK4
9 - MK11
8 - MK: DA
7 - MK:A
6 - MK: D
5 - MK1
4 - MKX
3 - MK2
2 - UMK3
1 - MK9

Keep in mind, my list has nothing to do with balance or anything of the sort. It's strictly how much fun I had with each game.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I will always think that’s one of the best MK games period.
It is the best 3D era game, no question.
Come at me, but I had so much more fun playing MKvDC than I did playing MK4. It’s a bad MK game in most respects, but I found MK4 to be a suckhole that I would never play again.

Last edited:

DanCock

Cock Master!!
At least MK9 was playable.... MKD was unplayable. I don't think people understand just HOW broken MKD was when they say "it was good" or "it's a fun game".....
i still loved it LOLOL ID probably rank it 4th best mk on my list :D

1 ~ MK2
2 ~ MK9
3 ~ MK11
4 ~ MKD
5 ~ MKA
6 ~ MK1
7 ~ UMK3
8 ~ MKX
9 ~ MK4
10 ~ MKDA
11 ~ MK VS DC

Deception was fun as fuck. Great modes, great atmosphere, great stages, some great characters (and also some trash tier ones). Fucking loved that shit, man.
Remembers this, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, RE4, Super Mario Sunshine, MGS Twin Snakes and Soul Cal 2

Oh god, I made a mistake selling my GameCube, what have I done?

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
At least MK9 was playable.... MKD was unplayable. I don't think people understand just HOW broken MKD was when they say "it was good" or "it's a fun game".....

@M2Dave
@REO
@Check
@DanCock
@ChaosTheory
It was broken as fuck, but in the context of the time it was awesome. Gameplay is subjective, but it was really fun. MKX before MKX. Felt good. Gave us online, etc.

Aesthically I still think it's the strongest MK for it's time. Character art, arenas, music, tone, etc.

Konquest, crude as it was, is still far and away the superior story mode compared to these dog shit "movies" by pretend filmmakers we've gotten for the past three games. My opinion.

1. MKD
  2. MK9
  3. MK2
  4. MKDA
  5. MK1
6/7. MKX
6/7. MK11
  1. MKA
  2. MK4
  3. MK3
  4. There aren't anymore MK games.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

@M2Dave
@REO
@Check
@DanCock
@ChaosTheory
Broken doesn't mean it wasn't fun, gaming doesn't always have to be a competition yo sometimes you just gotta, you know, have fun. My young ass had a great time beating my parents lmao

Pizza

Thrill Kill
My list.
My only criteria is how much fun I had/have with each game.

1. MK vs DC
  2. MK: Armageddon
  3. MK: Deadly Alliance
  4. UMK3
  5. MK: Deception
  6. MK1
  7. MK4
  8. MK11
  9. MK2
  10. MKX
  11. MK9

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
i still loved it LOLOL ID probably rank it 4th best mk on my list :D

1 ~ MK2
2 ~ MK9
3 ~ MK11
4 ~ MKD
5 ~ MKA
6 ~ MK1
7 ~ UMK3
8 ~ MKX
9 ~ MK4
10 ~ MKDA
11 ~ MK VS DC
It was broken as fuck, but in the context of the time it was awesome. Gameplay is subjective, but it was really fun. MKX before MKX. Felt good. Gave us online, etc.

Aesthically I still think it's the strongest MK for it's time. Character art, arenas, music, tone, etc.

Konquest, crude as it was, is still far and away the superior story mode compared to these dog shit "movies" by pretend filmmakers we've gotten for the past three games. My opinion.

1. MKD
  2. MK9
  3. MK2
  4. MKDA
  5. MK1
6/7. MKX
6/7. MK11
  1. MKA
  2. MK4
  3. MK3
  4. There aren't anymore MK games.
Broken doesn't mean it wasn't fun, gaming doesn't always have to be a competition yo sometimes you just gotta, you know, have fun. My young ass had a great time beating my parents lmao
and of course some people bitchin about broke games as usual. it's not about broke it's about fun. competitive midway 3d mk was the minority.
Once I realized I can just pick Dairou for every match and win by Tombstone Drop spam and literally nothing else and you have to keep jumping or eat a juggle, the entire concept of fun or good went out the window for me.

Dairou at the highest level is not good or fun, it's the most broken shit i ever seen

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Surprisingly inoffensive list coming from WatchMojo.

That being said, I'd rate Deception and MK4 higher, while putting MKX much, MUCH lower.

and of course some people bitchin about broke games as usual. it's not about broke it's about fun. competitive midway 3d mk was the minority.
Once I realized I can just pick Dairou for every match and win by Tombstone Drop spam and literally nothing else and you have to keep jumping or eat a juggle, the entire concept of fun or good went out the window for me.

Dairou at the highest level is not good or fun, it's the most broken shit i ever seen
i'm sure it was fun to you but the majority of people who bought and played deception at the time don't care about any of that.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
i'm sure it was fun to you but the majority of people who bought and played deception at the time don't care about any of that.
I was one of those people, i actually was one of the people who mistakenly tried to say MKD was better than MKA but due to my limited online experience on MKD i didn't get to see just how wrong I really was.

I loved MKD until @ChaosTheory hopped online with me and showed me almost every broken aspect of every character. This fuckin game even had OTGs but they led to BIG damage, not just like an extra hit or something. I mean SERIOUSLY BROKEN shit that made even MK9 Kabal and Kenshi cringe with despair....

I used to love it,..... but after learning about all the shit that my offline friends and i never discovered, it made me never want to play it again

I was one of those people, i actually was one of the people who mistakenly tried to say MKD was better than MKA but due to my limited online experience on MKD i didn't get to see just how wrong I really was.

I loved MKD until @ChaosTheory hopped online with me and showed me almost every broken aspect of every character. This fuckin game even had OTGs but they led to BIG damage, not just like an extra hit or something. I mean SERIOUSLY BROKEN shit that made even MK9 Kabal and Kenshi cringe with despair....

I used to love it,..... but after learning about all the shit that my offline friends and i never discovered, it made me never want to play it again
i mean sure. competitively it was a mess of a game but casually it's one of the best mks out there.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
i mean sure. competitively it was a mess of a game but casually it's one of the best mks out there.
I suppose it was fun casually but if there is a 3-D game with some balance for offline competition, MKA is less broken than the other 2. At least the other tiers can compete with the S-tiers but there are some infinites that would need to be banned

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Not putting the arcade version of MK2 at number one is like a war crime.