What's new

Question - Dragons Fire Was Liu (slightly) over-nerfed?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
For what its worth...all of Kangs negative strings are much less negative and in many times very plus when fireball cancelled or stance cancelled in Duelist.

That doesn't make up for db2 whiffing on almost all d3 and other low profile normals in game as well as well as orb exploding on walls even after being initiated.

I can deal with the rest except for his d1...please make his d1 7 or 8 frames PLEASE.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Random derail; I miss the days of Kang having the swaggiest converts in all the land. He's so bland in this game. One of you needs to unlock his run swag potential, because it has to be there. He's Liu Kang!

buff the speed of his d1 at least! thats actually important then id be happier . and put his s1 back to 7 he don't necessarily need it but its a treat :)

XAlcarazX

"Death will reveal the truth"
my boy liu is 2 time MK champ and new emperor of netherrealm and straight waifu'd kitana he deserves all the cheap shit lol. probably fastest (canon) character in game lore besides bird lao and smoke and has 9 frame D1 smfh. HE NEEDS more dirt. IK this is all irrelevant but still...

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Nah, not you. I kinda agree they could have left it a bit more +.
But +15 was really stupid. It was an easy tool of getting + chip + meterbuild.

Essentialy do Flying Kick MB and do the block infinite could be your tactic.
MB bicycle kick used to be +15 on block. It is -1 on block now.

b+2 is inexplicably unsafe on block when other characters have hit-confirmable overhead normal attacks that launch.

Mysterious and nonsensical balance decisions to say the least.

AssassiN

Noob
MB bicycle kick used to be +15 on block. It is -1 on block now.

b+2 is inexplicably unsafe on block when other characters have hit-confirmable overhead normal attacks that launch.

Mysterious and nonsensical balance decisions to say the least.
Get your facts straight.
I don't mind B2 the way it is right now, a lot of range and hard knockdown.
Nonsensical balance decisions you say? So Liu should have kept this easy of way getting in and just do the block infinite? That was incredibly braindead and dumb. He still has meterless fireball cancels that allow him to be + on strings with the ability to build a lot of bar.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Get your facts straight.
Nonsensical balance decisions you say? So Liu should have kept this easy of way getting in and just do the block infinite? That was incredibly braindead and dumb. He still has meterless fireball cancels that allow him to be + on strings with the ability to build a lot of bar.
When did I ever state that Liu Kang should have access to block infinite combos?

Reducing the block advantage from +15 to -1, according to the frame data in game, is a tremendous nerf. Nobody can deny this fact, not even a delusional fool such as yourself.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
When did I ever state that Liu Kang should have access to block infinite combos?

Reducing the block advantage from +15 to -1, according to the frame data in game, is a tremendous nerf. Nobody can deny this fact, not even a delusional fool such as yourself.
It's +2 in-game.

AssassiN

Noob

You didn't. But when you say "Mysterious and nonsensical balance", it sounds like you didn't want any nerf to happen to the character.
There was no way to remove the block infinite without nerfing the character somehow.

Avoiding the link I posted just to try and start some drama. That's the Dave I know.
When did I ever state that it wasn't a nerf? I already posted that it should probably be a bit more than +2.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
When did I ever state that it wasn't a nerf? I already posted that it should probably be a bit more than +2.
We agree then.

Mysterious and nonsensical nerf that will hopefully be altered to something like +5 on block.

Again, there is no reason for b+2 to be -11 on block. Other characters have launching overheads that are safer.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
No he is just the same as before
Actually now that I think about it this isn't true, as standing 1 was definitely 7f and I think d1 was faster than 9 frames.

They nerfed a lot of his normals from being neutral to being minus either.

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
I think Liu should be able to special cancel his b+2 overhead but I am basing this purely on Dragons Fire (maybe some bs could be possible with the others but I'm only familiar with DF). I feel that the fb cancel from strings has the limitation of not having a solid mix up from an overhead (1,1,3 is hella obvious) but if the b+2 had the special cancel it would open up a very interesting and strong mix up (altho I do not think it would be overpowered because the b+2 overhead does not lead to anything other than the knock down ) . Just thoughts but I am curious what others think on the idea. Edit* After thinking about it b+2 on hit canceled to Low fireball or flying kick might combo and with fb cancel it could also allow further stuff like b+2. fb cancel f+4,flying kick etc plus the block stun would probably allow interesting things on block.

Last edited:

RM_Gamer

Noob
is there any confirmation that these were indeed nerfs? besides mb fly kick. i thought they r just frame data corrections

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Get your facts straight.
Want to hear something funny? b2 isn't even a hard knock down...they can all tech roll that shit. lmao