What's new

General/Other - Warrior Warrior Buff Suggestions - Making the Variation Become More Viable

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
his db2 can be close, mid or far but only on the ground. In the air it can only land close, I think this should be changed so you can choose the range in the air too. This will help him from getting zoned out so easily.

I think because this is a character that relies on being in close-quaters ex bf1 should have two hits of armour.

I also think the reccovery of regular self-destruct should also be sped up slightly so that you can end a combo in self-destruct more safely.
The recovery of ex self-destruct should be sped up more significantly than normal self-desturuct.

When you say ex self-destruct should have one hit or armour, do you mean on start up or the entire time self-destruct is active?

Also I forget which special move it is, but with the ex version bf1 of db2 has i think 3 frames higher start up than the normal move. This means that some string combo into the normal special but the ex version wont combo. I think the start up should be decreased to match the normal version.

Also do you think bf1 should have a faster start up?

And what do you think about maybe warrior getting a command grab?

Last edited:

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
What do you mean by "having an advantage on block armored launcher" and "the utility of EX self-destruct"?
I believe the frame data says that EX Dread Slam is +2 on block and I'm referring to the damage and unblockable potential of self-destruct. I would agree that Yatja Strike should probably be adjusted.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
okay so to everyone where would you put Warrior Predator on a tier list now? because for me i would say about A Tier. Yes i do love playing warrior predator but i notice when playing i tend to rely on his jumping crash which leaves you at i think -7 on block but also is destroy by some characters. To me the ground one should maybe be touch a bit like Ex. Crash i forgot the name its his spacial overhead but i think it should be moved to -7 also but just Ex anybody have a opinion about this??? love to hear it.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
- Self-Detonate and EX Self-Destruct should be able to trade on HIT and block

Explanation:
For unknown reasons, the hitbox on Warrior's D,B+4 special vanishes if the opponent makes contact on the same exact frame when it explodes. This works with any attacks as long as they come in contact with Predator on the same frame, including projectiles. I feel this is very unfair as it has cost me some games where I KNEW my opponent was going to do something such as a D+1 up close, and I go to block just to see my Self-Detonate pop and NOT launch them. Possible bug? Either way, a huge disservice to the core aspect of Warrior's game.
This is definitely a bug that needs to get fixed. You can't just avoid my suicide bombing with a poke.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I believe the frame data says that EX Dread Slam is +2 on block and I'm referring to the damage and unblockable potential of self-destruct. I would agree that Yatja Strike should probably be adjusted.
Try -9 bro lol

Also self destruct isn't unblockable, its a mid.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Warrior Predator- MB self destruct is now unblockable with less recovery

-pounce now absorb projectiles like ferra toss and has faster start up.

-BF1 now launches

Reactions: REO

Nausea

Soul Ascended
I had to think for a moment there what variation Warrior belonged to. I'd say that's a good enough reason to agree with this thread in its entirety.
There is no reason to pick Warrior over HQT & Hunter atm and the suggested buffs sound quite intriguing! Yatja Strike does need a good fix and it will be interesting to see if it gets it!

REO

Undead
Would the potential to break the game really be that high if Self Destruct was unblockable? I feel like it should put the fear of god into your opponent and force more than just solid defense out of them. I guess they're trying to avoid guaranteed reset situations again though...
That would be broken and too much. To balance that they would have to do something like either make it not launch on hit or make it disappear when Predator blocks an attack. I think the concept of his Self Destruct is fine, it just needs to be tuned up some more.

Lol whenever I ask for buffs for fisticuffs people just tell me to use A-List. But if @YOMI REO asks for Predator buffs they are like, yeah thsi si great yea reo love you <3 <3
I guess that's because Fisticuffs was high tier at one time, not sure what would sway their opinion otherwise. But anyway, I agree that Fisticuffs should definitely receive some love. Just not in a way that makes him Kobu Tanya on steroids, lol.

REO

Undead
his db2 can be close, mid or far but only on the ground. In the air it can only land close, I think this should be changed so you can choose the range in the air too. This will help him from getting zoned out so easily.

I think because this is a character that relies on being in close-quaters ex bf1 should have two hits of armour.

I also think the reccovery of regular self-destruct should also be sped up slightly so that you can end a combo in self-destruct more safely.
The recovery of ex self-destruct should be sped up more significantly than normal self-desturuct.

When you say ex self-destruct should have one hit or armour, do you mean on start up or the entire time self-destruct is active?

Also I forget which special move it is, but with the ex version bf1 of db2 has i think 3 frames higher start up than the normal move. This means that some string combo into the normal special but the ex version wont combo. I think the start up should be decreased to match the normal version.

Also do you think bf1 should have a faster start up?

And what do you think about maybe warrior getting a command grab?
Warrior being able to select the distance of Yautja Pounce while airborne would be neat. I like it.

However, he doesn't need a command grab as he gains the ability to launch from a high throw when Self-Detonate is active like Truth mentioned.

All versions of Dread Slam are full combo punishable on block by some characters. You mentioned the utility of EX Self Destruct in your first post in this thread which threw me off because the EX version of the move is practically no different in application than the regular version.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Warrior being able to select the distance of Yautja Pounce while airborne would be neat. I like it.

However, he doesn't need a command grab as he gains the ability to launch from a high throw when Self-Detonate is active like Truth mentioned.

All versions of Dread Slam are full combo punishable on block by some characters. You mentioned the utility of EX Self Destruct in your first post in this thread which threw me off because the EX version of the move is practically no different in application than the regular version.
Well it recovers faster so in terms of activating it off of a knockdown, you'll get much more use out of it.

Last edited:

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
I really love your warrior predator posts lol. This variation just gets no love at all. People LITERALLY forget it exists.. I argue about this character at BLT weeklies all the time.

I like all the buff suggestions, I have two more suggestions that I personally feel warrior needs.

1.) EX bf1 needs to have reduced startup. As it is right now, its an unsafe 29 frame mid. Either way, this move is so slow that as a wake up, its literally useless and even more importantly, its so slow that sometimes when you cancel into it on HIT, it won't combo. This drives me up the freaking wall. I like to do b311, bf1 on block.. When I see b311 hit you, I want to be able to hit confirm with ex bf1. This is not unreasonable lol. And please, nobody tell me to hit confirm with ex bf4... That's not the point. Reduce the startup and make it more punishable to make sure it's fair. Maybe like 18ish frames of startup and make the move like -14..

2.) The armor on db2 and air db2 needs to be fixed. As it is now, I'm convinced that the armor is only active for a couple of frames and honestly, I'm still not sure exactly when it's active as I've been hit out of it a thousand and one different ways. If the armor was fixed, this move would be amazing.

Add to these your list of buffs and fixes.. and now we have one hype ass viable character on the screen a majors ;)

Alright you're all gonna call me crazy, but I think that warrior should be able to ex self destruct mid combo and be able to continue the combo. Just like reptile can with invisibility. Maybe tone back the damage a smidget or make it do like 15% to yourself. Also he should have a viable wake up. Make his launcher like 11 frames, but -16. Just my opinion on how to make it viable.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That sounds good. I agree especially about the launcher, giving this variation armor would help set it apart. Sort of like the "warlock" predator.

Wigy

There it is...
With how long his combos are hes guna end up with grab resets on knockdown which is stupid.

Give him an ex version which comes out really quick and doesnt go away on block but doesnt combo

Last edited: