What's new

Warning to TYM:My Disgust with MMH tournament performance

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I use Flash. He's awesome :). I used to see your posts a lot in the Flash forum in the early days. Do you still play him at all?

As for Guilty Gear, pretty depressing honestly. I love the game, and learning it was awesome but it's so tough to find people to play with. I'm pretty excited for Xrd but I'm sure the scene isn't going to last that long unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong though haha.
I stopped using him for a while to focus on my other three characters but I think I'm downgrading Deathstroke for him since he kovers Bane really nicely. Plus he's Red... lol. He also kompliments Martian and Green Arrow in terms of Match Ups and kolor scheme.

Well that sux. I know practically nothing about that game. I do really like Blazblue though. Would've been nice if we both played the same Ark System Works game.. I specifically like that there's a Red Reaper in the game that plays like a more aggressive Arrow.. lol.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I use Flash. He's awesome :). I used to see your posts a lot in the Flash forum in the early days. Do you still play him at all?

As for Guilty Gear, pretty depressing honestly. I love the game, and learning it was awesome but it's so tough to find people to play with. I'm pretty excited for Xrd but I'm sure the scene isn't going to last that long unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong though haha.
Guilty Gear is still alive albeit with a pretty small scene and mostly a side tourney at majors. I have no doubts that Xrd will still be around for awhile after its release. Blazblue CP saw its first US major at NEC which was cool. I liked seeing all those old faces competing again.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
It's way better to NOT hype youreself before any tournament coz you really can't be sure that you will deliver on it and then... blow ups come.
Words of fucking truth. I have been in that position and even then, I never lived it down when I failed to deliver. Not to say that Dink can't deliver on his proclamation, I would just prefer not to burn any bridges when I don't have to.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
]You cannot play a character that does not fit the way you play
Not true , ive alwyas played zoning characters , keeping ppl away and now Im maining Doomsday who is pure rushdown character and im pretty good with him. At first I sucked but after time .... So if player like me can switch playstyles , you tell me reo or other top players cant ?

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I was overwhelmed byba feeling of 'meh' while reading this, but I hope your mmh does well. Isnt that what I am doing?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
How does REO get blown up when he actually tore it up at all the tournaments he went to? Rofl

This is like when people said Chris G played reptile wrong but yet he did better than all the other reptiles.

Shujinkydink I am disappoint :p
But with that said, this is hype and I am scared of your MMH at SCR.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Not true , ive alwyas played zoning characters , keeping ppl away and now Im maining Doomsday who is pure rushdown character and im pretty good with him. At first I sucked but after time .... So if player like me can switch playstyles , you tell me reo or other top players cant ?

Perhaps for funsies. But if you spend your fighting game career playing a certain way and mastering a certain way it takes time and effort to get to that level with a different style. Tis my theory. Players like pig and Dave have proven this. Can you imagine Dave playing Johnny cage? Lol fool

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Perhaps for funsies. But if you spend your fighting game career playing a certain way and mastering a certain way it takes time and effort to get to that level with a different style. Tis my theory. Players like pig and Dave have proven this. Can you imagine Dave playing Johnny cage? Lol fool
Let's not forget that Pig's original main was Mileena, and he did pretty well with her. Look at Daigo in SF. He's been playing Ryu for the past 20 yrs, but then made the switch to Yun, and did pretty well for himself. Not saying it isn't hard, but it's doable.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
NEC was a super hype tournament full of blow ups, bottom tier characters making the trip to top 8. But one character has yet again been under represented and dissapointed myself and the community.

Martian Fucking Manhunter.

Im so SICK of watching people completely yolo this character. Just teleporting around the stages and hoping you can hit confirm a combo off it. Damage is left on the floor, frame traps are being ignored and underutilized, after months of this character being released NO ONE IS PLAYING HIM PROPERLY. There is no reason any MMH Shouldnt make it out of pools, especially in a tournament where more than 1 martian is present.

So I'm putting myself out there right now. Fuck Reo, Fuck Jupiter, Fuck Rebelo, Fuck all these players who people are saying and hyping up as the best martians. Reo hasnt done shit with martian in months, Rebelo hasnt done shit outside his scene and plays GL these days anyway, and jupiter just got blasted in pools at NEC. There has been a lot of overhyping and under delivering from this character and the people that the community has named the best MMHs. The reason they haven't succeeded is simple.

The Character does not fit their play style.

You cannot play a character that does not fit the way you play. Now Sit down and think of this comparison. MMH has block strings into plus frame special moves. He has low/OH mixups, ex runes that give him combos from everywhere and a semi safe teleport that is an OH. That seems to remind me of some tools a character in a game we used to play have...what was that game? oh yea! MK9! And that Character? Quan Fucking Chi.

I, The Quanfather, am the one that will bring out the true potential in this character. I will show you that not only is this character the best in the game, hes got a bag of gimmicks that has not even been peeked into by any MMH to date in any tournament ever.

SCR 2014. This will be my first and ONLY showing of MMH at a major, and you best believe ive been training my ass off since his release for this opportunity. Years of playing a low-mid tier character and coming so close to top 8s only to lose to bullshit characters like kenshi and Johnny Cage have left me with a bitterness that can only be solved by taking my place on the Skeleton Throne of MMH atop a pile of opponents you would question whether their presence was even worth the travel money they paid.

So I warn you now, if you are planning to attend this event you better be prepared, and you better be ready to bow down to the true king of Martians..

- STB EGP Shujinkydink
Honestly I've played a small set with you and your style is nice. I could see you doing well.

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Guilty Gear is still alive albeit with a pretty small scene and mostly a side tourney at majors. I have no doubts that Xrd will still be around for awhile after its release. Blazblue CP saw its first US major at NEC which was cool. I liked seeing all those old faces competing again.
That's awesome. I guess I meant here where I live specifically. The GG guys that I've interacted with on the forums have been playing the game for over 8 years and stuff, that's pretty tite.