WAR OF THE GODS Sign Ups are FREE!

Discussion in 'Tournaments & Events' started by JBeezYBabY, Aug 17, 2018.

By JBeezYBabY on Aug 17, 2018 at 12:44 PM
  1. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

[​IMG]

Thank ya kindly @Protagonist_1 for posting the link in the status! Thought I'd post here as well ;)

STRAIGHT FROM THE SMASH.GG!

Want to prove that you are the best of the Injustice 2 world? Each week will start with open registration double elimination bracket played & broadcasted live on Sunday and then will continue with the Top 8 of the week that qualified to compete on Wednesday for more league points and cash prize pool.

All broadcasts will be live on Stream.Me/WAR

Sunday's at 6PM EST (Open Pools), Wednesday's at 8PM EST (Top 8)

So if you still play, why not sign up? You might get streamed. You might get Top 8. Hell, you might just win all for the low low price of free.99 to enter. Good luck and tear it up! Righteous! :l:qtl:cool::qtr:r

https://smash.gg/league/war-of-the-gods-1/details

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2018
    Parasurama, Rizz091, Eldriken and 2 others like this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments & Events' started by JBeezYBabY, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Protagonist_1
      Protagonist_1
      THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!! They had to skip last week since there weren't enough entrants, so support your community everyone! It's at no cost to you at all, even if you can't make it, so sign up anyway. I will sign up for each week, but I will be competing for week 8.
      AyAyRawnYea and JBeezYBabY like this.
    2. Cashual
      Cashual
      Wait they skipped a week due to lack of entrants?
      AyAyRawnYea likes this.
    3. JBeezYBabY
      JBeezYBabY
      I think i did see something on that. I figured even though i dont like the game doesn't mean others that actually enjoy the game shouldnt as well. Might as well still help out those who still play sign up. I mean, they have a waaaaay better chance NOW to make it than ever lol
      Protagonist_1 likes this.
    4. HellblazerHawkman
      HellblazerHawkman
      Yeah, that's kind of beat. And to be clear on a thing, there's still a weekly prize of ($200 for first place?) so even if you are out points-wise for the finals, you can still win something
      Roy Arkon likes this.
    5. Cashual
      Cashual
      Damn man.

I just started playing again after going back to MKX for months and other games.

I might enter.....
      JBeezYBabY likes this.
    6. Cashual
      Cashual
      I mean I’ll get bopped because my MU knowledge and frame data knowledge is trash, but if I land a b1 I’m getting my dammy boyz

:p
      DTruth likes this.
    7. K-TOPGr
      K-TOPGr
      Can EU play?!?
    8. Mr Aquaman
    9. JBeezYBabY
      JBeezYBabY
      Im pretty sure you can. Sign on up :)
    10. Mr Aquaman
      Mr Aquaman
      Negative, N/A only for this event
    11. Cashual
      Cashual
      Someone please tell me where I can view my PSN network id! Please help

Edit: ok I figured it out.

And.....I registered! I will get bopped, but at least I’m doing my part to try and keep this contest alive. I love these games and community, time to put some skin in the game.
      Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
      iAteUrLife likes this.
    12. Mikemetroid
      Mikemetroid
      are* , title edited.
      HellblazerHawkman likes this.
    13. Cashual
      Cashual
      Update: I’ve played 5 ranked sets now (the first in months) and I’ve won all of them.

Basically I’m probably going to get top 8 now because I hopped some absolute scrubs :DOGE
      DTruth and Protagonist_1 like this.
    14. villainous monk
      villainous monk
      Would be nice if a few online tournaments were on Xbox for a change.
      iAteUrLife and Protagonist_1 like this.
    15. colby4898
      colby4898
      Or EU based
    16. Cashual
      Cashual
      Can anyone tell me exactly how this works?

How will I know when to play, that sort of thing?
    17. Protagonist_1
      Protagonist_1
      I'm figuring this out as I go as well. If you go to smash.gg homepage, on the left you'll see the war of the gods logo (if you already signed up, should say #warofthegods S8). Click that, then hit the blue manage button. I believe there it will show who your playing and what time it starts.

So far the brackets haven't been posted yet on my end. They're probably still updating things.
      Cashual likes this.
    18. Cashual
      Cashual
      Thank you, I just figured that out myself by clicking around. I’ll be curious to see how the invite and matchmaking process goes. I’m guessing for games played off stream you just go to player match and find the person and play. We shall see.
      Protagonist_1 likes this.
    19. Cashual
      Cashual
      I’m checked in on smash for my firs t match , but how do I actually play my opponent? Invite them in player match? Anyone help?
    20. Cashual
      Cashual
      Got 3-0 mopped by an Enchantress. I don’t even know what the character does. Never played one. Pretty bummed.
    21. Protagonist_1
      Protagonist_1
      It's all good man! I went 0-2 today haha (no round brown), but I had fun. Definitely makes me want to work harder and do better next time. Can't believe this has been available and I made little effort to join prior before.
      Cashual and CrimsonShadow like this.
    22. iAteUrLife
      iAteUrLife
      I agree id love this for xbox too, i mean damn. MKX started with xbox all the way to esl then PS took over and its like it never went back. Almost no opportunity for xbox players that still take the game serious or at least want to be competitive

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might
    23. JBeezYBabY
      JBeezYBabY
      I was thinking of that commercial with that one White guy selling the mattresses, "Or your mattress is FREE!" lol But aight, sure. ;)
    24. Cashual
      Cashual
      Bumping this thread to remind people to sign up and play this week!!! It’s fun and a good way to get some games against the best players in the scene.

I got bopped and still really enjoyed it. It’s the first time I’ve ever entered a competitive FG event but I will enter more. Don’t be intimidated and sit it out because you think you’re not good enough.