What's new

War of the Gods Season 3 Announced

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

While it's no MK11, we did get a pretty hype reveal at the end of the Injustice 2 Combo Breaker stream. After the medals were handed out, Mr. Aquaman gave us some news that should be pretty clear if you looked at the above picture or read the title of this article.

Yes, that's right, War of the Gods is coming back for Season 3. For those who don't know, War of the Gods is an online Injustice 2 league where literally anyone can sign-up freely for a chance at weekly cash prizes and a shot at the big prize pool at the end. For the past two seasons, Noble Semiij has dominated, taking first prize almost every week in season 2, finally being stopped in the Finale event where Noble Tweedy took first place.

Details are up on Smash.gg, sign-ups are open right now. This year's league starts on June 10th and goes to September 9th. Same times as always, Open Pools at 6PM EST Sunday, Top 8 at 8PM EST Wednesday. It looks like the weekly prize pool is the same, $200 going to the first place winner for that week's Top 8. If you make the finale, you are guaranteed some prize money, with the first place winner getting $1200. For a free to enter Injustice 2 tournament you can play in from home. There is literally no reason for you to not sign-up, you've got nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain. As always, you can catch the streams live on Stream.me and you know TYM will be here to cover everything that goes down in Season 3. Hoping to see some new faces this year, should be fun!

Slymind

Noob
Yes! Mr Aquaman delivering as always.

Phenomenal CB tournament, IPS and now Wotg season 3. Injustice 2 is still going strong, i don't even see the need to rush to the next game.

gitblame

Noob
Yes! Mr Aquaman delivering as always.

Phenomenal CB tournament, IPS and now Wotg season 3. Injustice 2 is still going strong, i don't even see the need to rush to the next game.
I mean, new game next year is inevitable. I don't see any sings of WB / NRS breaking their current pattern which works for them very well from business point of view.

But I agree. INJ 2 season 2 started really strong and showed that this game has very strict competition on a highest level. Just see number of close matches and number of upsets.
Another WOTG will only bring us more great games to watch and showlight players who can't always attend offline events. Of course I wish the game could get more props instead of undeserved hate (reading twitch chat sometimes is just unbearable) and I wish more players from my region played the game so we could have events like this but it won't happen by itself.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
But I agree. INJ 2 season 2 started really strong and showed that this game has very strict competition on a highest level. Just see number of close matches and number of upsets.
I think it was also a good event to showcase the rest of the cast since basically all we've been seeing in most top level play is just the same old characters. Like Gross in finals with a GL? Never thought I'd see a GL get that far ever.

I imagine WOTG will just expand on this, which is super good, because a reason people think IJ2 "died" was because of lack of roster diversity at higher level play. Black Adam clearly not just taking heads anymore either which is nice.