What's new

Stream.Me's "War of the Gods" needs YOUR support!

Only thing I dislike about Wotg is wifi ban literally that cuts about 80% of competition out! Most people can't get wired because of very good reasons! I've seen better wifi connection than wired connections to but it's only people who know jack squat about connection that will say "wired master race" when connection deals mostly with 3 things! 1. Compatibility
2. Stability
3. Distance
Both players could be wired and experience terrible connection or spiky connection! But two wifi users could experience stellar connection. This ban baffles me as I can point out some people who "are nrs pros" who every time they catch a L blame it on wifi.

This issue happened the past weekend also with my teammate BasicS where he was accused of using wifi because him & sylverrye had "laggy connection" in rye words but another one of BasicS opponents said there connection was amazing at a steady 50-55ms ... with the wifi ban & Basics proving to be wired this is a prime example of the 3 reason why you'll experience "below average connection"
Which is why ion see the point in why wifi was banned. But then I saw the way rye was reacting and realized why the admins decided to ban wifi! Because they don't want to hear winning.
wifi ban is good and necessary. it helps a lot with Wotg image so I am glad they did it.

What i dont like is getting dq when I had already proved im not on wifi, there is no proof against it, connection was fine and I had already won the set and moved on. Literally the only visible reason for me to get dq that I saw was because rye complained. thats dumb, I cant imagine how other players wouldve been treated that do not have any support at all or dont do as well.

dont get me wrong tho wotg is still great and I love it and they did reverse the dq so i cant complain. I just hope the process can be cleaned up a little bit next time is all.

Last edited:

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
wifi ban is good and necessary. it helps a lot with Wotg image so I am glad they did it.

What i dont like is getting dq when I had already proved im not on wifi, there is no proof against it, connection was fine and I had already won the set and moved on. Literally the only visible reason for me to get dq that I saw was because rye complained. thats dumb, I cant imagine how other players wouldve been treated that do not have any support at all or dont do as well.

dont get me wrong tho wotg is still great and I love it and they did reverse the dq so i cant complain. I just hope the process can be cleaned up a little bit next time is all.
Noted!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
A lot of people are just like "ugh stream me", when stream me isn't even that bad. Whenever a stream goes down on twitch, people are just like "rip rip rip" or don't say anything. When it goes down on stream me "bro twitch so much better omg", when rip streams happen just as much, just on twitch people don't give props to another site when it happens.

Would suck if the stream me being bad meme kills the best thing going atm. Stream me tournaments have been too good to be true for a while now, tho.
When watching stream.me on my phone i have to hard close it and open it 20 times during a broadcast. Chat locks up, video locks, magically get logged out , all sorts of weird shit

Pig Of The Hut

Only thing I dislike about Wotg is wifi ban literally that cuts about 80% of competition out! Most people can't get wired because of very good reasons! I've seen better wifi connection than wired connections to but it's only people who know jack squat about connection that will say "wired master race" when connection deals mostly with 3 things! 1. Compatibility
2. Stability
3. Distance
Both players could be wired and experience terrible connection or spiky connection! But two wifi users could experience stellar connection. This ban baffles me as I can point out some people who "are nrs pros" who every time they catch a L blame it on wifi.

This issue happened the past weekend also with my teammate BasicS where he was accused of using wifi because him & sylverrye had "laggy connection" in rye words but another one of BasicS opponents said there connection was amazing at a steady 50-55ms ... with the wifi ban & Basics proving to be wired this is a prime example of the 3 reason why you'll experience "below average connection"
Which is why ion see the point in why wifi was banned. But then I saw the way rye was reacting and realized why the admins decided to ban wifi! Because they don't want to hear winning.
Need a “Dislike” button for this post

Pig Of The Hut

Well your WiFi indicator was on and he should have left character select immediately and reported it not play it out then report

AkioOf100

I play Raph
WoTG is awesome. I love watching some of my favorite players compete. They tend to be really awesome people outside of tournament play, too!

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
Well your WiFi indicator was on and he should have left character select immediately and reported it not play it out then report
Wasn't rye the only one to say such things though? All basics previous opps did the connection was stable & etc but only rye who notorious for that os says it...

it wasnt even on he admitted it in the chat, legit no excuse. The only reason he reported it still was because it was 120 ping with no lag spikes.

Last edited:

Skedar70

Noob
The WiFi thing has always been nothing but a salty os excuse to the point were it became viral in the NRS fighting scene and has now influenced developers and the tournament scene. Lag spikes happen on both types of connections and are mostly caused by other issues (I have both set ups because I travel within different houses).

I have no issues watching stream.me it works great for me on my PC. I do believe TYM should support Wotg by putting it on the stream section when it goes live.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
When watching stream.me on my phone i have to hard close it and open it 20 times during a broadcast. Chat locks up, video locks, magically get logged out , all sorts of weird shit
I knew i wasnt the only one experiencing some issues! I thought people weren't chatting and just paying attention to match, but i did find it odd that chats would start then ALL OF A SUDDEN it stopped. So i guess its the service then. Good to know i aint crazy. I mean, I am, but not about this :)

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I would love to help out, but I cannot. I sleep at these hours due of work. :(

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I did try to watch it on Mobile last night but some reason the app kept buffering and had to turn down the quality to low. I jump on my laptop and did the same thing. Was worried something was wrong with my Net but I was able to have Netflix play in different room and watch streams on my Firestick with no issue.

Was something wrong with the site last night?

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
The WiFi thing has always been nothing but a salty os excuse to the point were it became viral in the NRS fighting scene and has now influenced developers and the tournament scene. Lag spikes happen on both types of connections and are mostly caused by other issues (I have both set ups because I travel within different houses).

I have no issues watching stream.me it works great for me on my PC. I do believe TYM should support Wotg by putting it on the stream section when it goes live.
Exactly it's only this scene that'll blame wifi & it's a sad os because this game has best quality of netplay & yet no other scene bans wifi.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
We are working on a new app that is slated to release before q4 ends, and I really hope it works haha. Thanks for tuning in this week though guys! This first t8 was one of the most fun I have had on one of these

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Exactly it's only this scene that'll blame wifi & it's a sad os because this game has best quality of netplay & yet no other scene bans wifi.
You'll have to elaborate about best netcode. This game doesn't have the best netcode. If I wanted to name a game with the best netcode, it would be Guilty Gears. A game with lag spikes isn't a game with the best netcode.

Pig Of The Hut

Wasn't rye the only one to say such things though? All basics previous opps did the connection was stable & etc but only rye who notorious for that os says it...
Plz spare me w this bs argument of what’s stable and what’s not

If you have WiFi = gtfo here, banned
If you have wired = play away

Pig Of The Hut

it wasnt even on he admitted it in the chat, legit no excuse. The only reason he reported it still was because it was 120 ping with no lag spikes.
No this is untrue, he took a pic and showed us in a DM group. Here I’ll get it and post it & t ready to A-PAULO-gize

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
You'll have to elaborate about best netcode. This game doesn't have the best netcode. If I wanted to name a game with the best netcode, it would be Guilty Gears. A game with lag spikes isn't a game with the best netcode.

Eh.. no matter how good a games netcode is, there will be lagg occasionally, thats beyond the ability of netcode to do anything about. If your connection takes a crap, or mine, there is going to be trouble. No netcode in the world can somehow magically smooth over several seconds of corrupt data, or no data..

I had a rant typed up over this whole WiFi is fine thing some people seem to believe but its pointless, they arent going to listen. There are upteen tests and studies and experiments and every other damn thing but upteen entirely different and disparate entities that show Wifi is FAR more prone to stutter, corruption and general interruption, but they arent going to listen, they will just plug their ears and scream LALALALALAL while FACTS prove them wrong, or spin those facts in purposefully obscure ways "Wifi is just as fast as wired" that kind of thing. And additionally, the people who arent willing to take extra steps on their own part to make sure they are playing from a wired connection, will continue to sit around and expect others to accommodate them, rather than them accommodate others by doing any number of things to make sure they are wired, at least as long as the tournament is going on. WotGs requiring wired connections is nothing but a good thing, its healthy and shows the tournament is serious about providing the best possible experience for its participants and the highest quality gameplay for its viewers.

Also, whoever said other scenes dont complain/care about wifi? You must not actually follow any other scenes, because from Tekken, to SF and even BlazBlue, I hear constant reference to wifi being an issue/undesirable/a problem.

Pig Of The Hut

WOTG works like shit on mobile - I’m never home to watch on pc so that’s a big deal for me and others and they’re fully aware it sucks

Pig Of The Hut

Also your WiFi post is aids in a bag