What's new

War of the Gods Legends Round 1 Qualifier Results

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

The new pursuit by the War of the Gods team rolled into action last night: War of the Gods: Legends. This was the first round of qualifiers to determine the entrants for a six-week long invitational tourney. 12 spots are filled by past WotG Legends (hence the name), and now two of the remaining four have been decided.

From 140 players, we broke down into the top 8 you are seeing above, with Sooneo and Emperor Kombat emerging as the two victors. Sooneo will be playing bc Biohazard, HZRDS Forever King, and Noble Semiij for his first pool, Kombat's got HZRDS Knicks, DF Grr and Method SylverRye. Pool information can be found over here. If I understand everything correctly, everyone will play everyone else twice in a round robin type tourney, these are just the pools to get things going. Best of Seven's all around, so it will be intense once the slots get filled out.

If you want to catch the archive, the VOD is live over here. If you want to enter (still free, and still open), the final round of qualifiers is taking place this Sunday. Registration is over here. Gonna be the same time as usual, things aren't radically different at this point in time. So whether you are playing or watching, everything is going down on Stream.me at 6PM EST* (registration closes at 5PM that day).

*minor edit, Top 8 is taking place 8PM EST on Wednesday

Last edited:

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
For this next Open Qualifier we are going to revert to it having a start time of 6pm ET - going to Top 8 - then closing out on Wed at 8pm ET

This makes time a little easier on everyone

I will post here when we finalize a few more things as well! But congrats to Sooneo and Kombat, very hard earned and I can't wait to see how this next one goes before group stages!

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
For this next Open Qualifier we are going to revert to it having a start time of 6pm ET - going to Top 8 - then closing out on Wed at 8pm ET

This makes time a little easier on everyone

I will post here when we finalize a few more things as well! But congrats to Sooneo and Kombat, very hard earned and I can't wait to see how this next one goes before group stages!
Appropriate edit was made, same details for Sunday? Registration closes at 6, stream starts at 7?

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Just want to register another shout-out to everyone involved in producing WotG. Folks should check out the full bracket for the qualifier, just to get a sense of how many matches had to be coordinated (simultaneously and consecutively, within just a few hours) to arrive at the top 8 above. It's an amazing feat, especially considering all the risk for technical difficulties in an online tournament.

Really appreciate the effort to keep the hype Inj2 action coming. And also psyched to see how much interest there was in competing. Injustice 2 is not dead yet!!