What's new

Strategy Want to keep your opponent in a corner?

Durango

Enhancer
this really cant be a " corner punishment and containment" guide because there are many incorrect and downright ridiculous punishes for certain moves

however its a nice idea for a brand new thread
If you have anything to contribute, you're more than welcome to. The current list involves experiences that have saved my own matches on several different occasions.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I'd like to try my luck in that match. But alas, I only hav Xbox.
Friction knows this matchup very very well..too bad. He also knows that 2 whiffs on rep and the frame gaps involved with 212 so you'll get poked or armored. Makes you go about things differently. Also, I've played his rep a billion times so maybe that's just the way I have to play his reptile

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Friction knows this matchup very very well..too bad. He also knows that 2 whiffs on rep and the frame gaps involved with 212 so you'll get poked or armored. Makes you go about things differently. Also, I've played his rep a billion times so maybe that's just the way I have to play his reptile
Reptile Strategy: D4 fur daaaayzz

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
As far as Kung Lao I believe Ex teleport delayed 1 (the one that allows him to keep the armor after he lands) is more or less a free escape, and you also forgot to mention that he can simply Jk~Dive Kick over the clone.

Long story short containing Lao simply isn't going to happen, at least not for any extended period of time.

Durango

Enhancer
It's actually very easy for Cyrax to get "out of jail."

EX-air grab.
This is where anticipation comes in. Ducking helps here because you can just stand back up into a 22 freeze combo and throw him back in. His air grab landing frames aren't completely safe, and if you see it coming, you've got a good chance to just knock him back in, further limiting him from getting out.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
This is where anticipation comes in. Ducking helps here because you can just stand back up into a 22 freeze combo and throw him back in. His air grab landing frames aren't completely safe, and if you see it coming, you've got a good chance to just knock him back in, further limiting him from getting out.
True. But that involves patience, which is ok as well.

Durango

Enhancer
As I mentioned in the matchup topic, the hardest corner games come from Kano and Jade. 222-clone is my personal default ender in the corner, but Jade can bust clones with armor or invincible and go right through. She has a ton of mixup options. Kano can wild-ball above and behind you. If you are you going to corner a Kano player, this is a grand exception. You're better off going sweep distance and blocking. Keep your thumb right on 2 when you do this just in case he chooses to run up and grab you or jump over you so you can switch from block to 22-freeze-combo.