What's new

Breakthrough Wall properties are different on both left and right sides with smoke wall combos!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Sorry if this is known, but i found this interesting.

Bare with me and ill try and explain it.

Ill start by adding smokes bnb wall combo (what i think it is)

jip, 3d12, njp, 3,2, 3,2, 3,2, 2,1~sb, jip, f+4~EXsb.... 55%

Thats a 1 bar combo, does great damage on its own, keeps them in the corner and sets up for a reset.

Obviously you can substitute the jip, f+4~EXsb for a jik~throw, EXsb.

Here is where it gets strange. If you are to perform the above mentioned combo on the right wall, 95% of the time you wont have a problem landing the jip, f+4 etc. However, if you try and do this combo on the left wall, the jip hits them out towards the centre of the screen. I have no idea why this happens.

I decided to test further. If you are to end the combo with the jik~throw, EXsb on the right wall, the throw throws them out towards the centre of the screen. Again however, if you are to end the combo with jik~throw, EXsb on the left wall, the throw throws them towards the wall, making it easier to land the EXsb.

Ive tested this on more then half the stages and so far it all comes up the same.

So basically, if you are comboing them on the right wall, its best to end the combo with jip, f+4~EXsb. This will keep them in the corner and its also the easiest way to get a reset in the corner.

If you are comboing them on the left wall, you can end the combo with jik~throw, EXsb and it will keep them in the corner.

If you really want to try a reset on the left wall, you can, but its a little trickier. Instead of doing jip to f+4, just do a f+4. It seems to hit quite easily, but in my opinion, its harder to time without a jip. the jip to f+4 is the best way to get a reset, but it only seems to work on the right wall..

kandehbar

The Gryphon
God tony your doin some work who know walls could effect combos Good find.

Can you test something for me tony. When ever somone JOPs me (jump over punch) and I use smoke away I end up going towards or the actuall smoke goes toward but i go away. Please test if the latter can be done on constistenly I cant do it my self since im at School and i left my system at home. TY

Huh. I've always felt that the right corner felt so much better whenever I play sub-zero instead of smoke, I'm curious if this nonsense affects him and the rest of the cast as well?