What's new

Strategy Walking Corpse Cancel Pressure

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Grundy can wake up with a B3, correct? I recently figured out that I can use this WC/C corner tech on certain character traits, such as Grundy's chain grab. I am also wondering if I can do this to Grundy's B3 on wake up. I just can't set the training AI to B3 on wake up, so I need some people to help me test some things out. BurdManJR270 on PSN.
I can help you when my roommate is done playing BLOPS2 and if I have time before work. I'm pretty sure that the mb versions of b3 and f3 don't really count as wakeups, you just stand a mb them for armor. I could be wrong though, but that's just my understanding.

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
I can help you when my roommate is done playing BLOPS2 and if I have time before work. I'm pretty sure that the mb versions of b3 and f3 don't really count as wakeups, you just stand a mb them for armor. I could be wrong though, but that's just my understanding.
Alas, I will be at work for about seven more hours. I get off at 9:30 P.M. CTS :(

The more I think about it, the more I think you are right about the B3 and F3 not being a true wake up.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
dunno if this could be useful or not , could blow up tech rolls
after a swamp hands MB, ji2 b13 WCC ji2 combo <(this can cross up) or swamp hands MB ji2 b13 WCC f13 combo , use WC again to blow up wake ups

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
after a swamp hands MB, ji2 b13 WCC ji2 combo <(this can cross up) or swamp hands MB ji2 b13 WCC f13 combo , use WC again to blow up wake ups
Only if he was faster in the air would that mixup be fucking disgusting.

fr stack

Only if he was faster in the air would that mixup be fucking disgusting.
yeah :( oh well hopefully someone can get somethin from it , he has a lot of shenanigans i just feel like my pad and skill let me down when i need them , so whenever i try these things i get blown up heheh

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
yeah :( oh well hopefully someone can get somethin from it , he has a lot of shenanigans i just feel like my pad and skill let me down when i need them , so whenever i try these things i get blown up heheh
The other thing you have to take in account is that there are moves that players just mash so they can get out of situations. Theres almost no risk at all when they do this

The issue with this is that you're trading guaranteed damage for potential damage. if you land a raw mb sh j2 b1 reset is close to 50% guaranteed damage assuming you're close enough. Doing your reset adds potential damage but its not efficient damage. You'll either need to do a f13 combo or 113 combo both are roughly 35% or you'll need to use meter again which would give you 59%. So maybe 80% potential damage at the cost of two bars and you have to guess right vs 50% guaranteed. Either way you need to hit them again to kill them. The only use would be if you don't think you'll get the chance to hit them again and even then you're better off doing a j2 b1 then either a b1 which will hit them if they try to jump or duck or a f1 mb sh or f13 slightly increased damage but its a much better setup because they can't do a wakeup attack out of it they need to reaction block the b1 or f1. But again there is no point to his vortex because its almost the same damage as just finishing the reset. The only situations where it might be worth it is if you're fighting somebody like deathstroke that requires you to use the defense chain adding the reset in on a deathstroke thats likely paniced because you're in his face wouldn't be bad.

fr stack

yeah i hear ya and tryin this stuff does get me killed lol but ill find a gem one of these days ;)

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
Getting better and better with ma lil' Grundy, which is good, but there is one thing that I just can't do consistently, and that's canceling strings into a WCC, it simply doesn't cancel sometimes!
If anyone had that problem, I'd be happy to know how they solved it. I just hope it's not about strict timing, because I'll probably never go to tournaments, and online is a bitch.

Julian

Noob
not sure if this is known but grundy can armor through push blocks i havent tried it in practise but was playing online and used 2 cancel into WC against lex and he pushblocked me and i went through it. if i remember correctly he still had time to jump out of the way

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
not sure if this is known but grundy can armor through push blocks i havent tried it in practise but was playing online and used 2 cancel into WC against lex and he pushblocked me and i went through it. if i remember correctly he still had time to jump out of the way
yeah its known. But good eye

fr stack

might have a new way of doin the corpse hop ,, so after a WC MB usually it would be dash dash stance change neutral jump
this one is dash jump in WCC neutral jump , its sort of a fake out corpse hop !
would be good against people mashing reverse wake ups

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Not sure if this is anywhere else but I thought it would be good to have this compiled. Here is a complete list of strings that can be WCC in between. The * signifies the gap where you can input the WC.

Batman:
11*3
B2*3

Nightwing:
11*2 Escrima

Flash
F21*3 (not very useful though as he can do pretty much anything to get out of your follow up)

Harley:
11*2

Cyborg:
1*1
11*2
1*13
1*2
B2*31

Superman:
MB Dash punch, the gap between the first and second hit. While not strictly a string, still useful to know IMO.

Zod:
B12*3

Lex:
11*3

Raven:
22*3

Aquaman:
112*3 - Timing is extremely strict
F13*2 - Again, timing is really strict

Wonder Woman:
3*3 Lasso Stance
11*2 Shield Stance

Zatanna:
11*U3

Ares:
22*3

Hawkgirl:
12*b3
B1*3
F1*1
F1*3

Doomsday:
B1*3
22*1+3
all the below into ES can be interrupted:
12*ES
22*ES
23D1*ES
F23*ES
B23*ES
D1*ES
D2*ES

Shazam:
2*2

Green Lantern:
b1*2
b1*3
f2*d1
f2d1*3

Sinestro:
b2*1
b2*b3

Batgirl:
11*3
b2*1

Bane:
b2*1

Black Adam:
1*3
22*3

JTB123

Who'd have thought that Grundy would end up being on of the most technical characters in Injustice :confused:
Zombies cause the apocalypse for a reason :D They are tricky little buggers.

I'm curious to see how practical this is though, this was something Id been meaning to look into for ages. Some of the strings he can interrupt are huge, GL for example, being able to (in theory of course) completely take away earth shaker from DD, staying in on Batman after a B23. Seems like this could bump him up a little on paper at least.

JTB123

@Mikemetroid can you put JTB's list in the OP?

Also, @JTB123 this isn't everything, is it? Or are the characters not listed have tight strings?
This is everything I found for every character after testing but I haven't tested strings into specials yet. Wil be doing that some time this week and will update the post. I had DD done already so I included them in this post.