What's new

Strategy Walking Corpse Cancel Pressure

Zachara

Noob
Been practising this a little bit this evening and I have a couple of things I noticed.
I play on stick and I've been using Alt. Control (Seems to make sense) and I kept not getting the input for the cancel about a third of the time. Well I changed it back to default (B-F2 into D-B instead of HCF2 into QCB) and the difference is astounding. I was getting it about 90% of the time with just a couple of minutes of trying. For anyone that plays on stick and just changed to Alt. Control because it seems the natural thing to do should definately try that out.

You can buffer the Cancel really early. I don't know if it speeds up the Cancel the quicker you do it but I had Grundy's animation to the point of walking forward then his hands just twitch up slightly. Not sure if this is the quickest possible or if it's the same as everyone else is getting (Most likely this xD). I basically do the input as B-F-D-B. I don't wait for him to walk at all before attempting the Cancel.

DaiHuu - Is it really worth it if you've got Deathstroke down? I get that more options are better but I have to ask, wouldn't it be more viable to block the spin then punish (Preferably by chucking them into the corner)? I suppose it's worth it though if for no other reason than training them. :)

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Been practising this a little bit this evening and I have a couple of things I noticed.
I play on stick and I've been using Alt. Control (Seems to make sense) and I kept not getting the input for the cancel about a third of the time. Well I changed it back to default (B-F2 into D-B instead of HCF2 into QCB) and the difference is astounding. I was getting it about 90% of the time with just a couple of minutes of trying. For anyone that plays on stick and just changed to Alt. Control because it seems the natural thing to do should definately try that out.

You can buffer the Cancel really early. I don't know if it speeds up the Cancel the quicker you do it but I had Grundy's animation to the point of walking forward then his hands just twitch up slightly. Not sure if this is the quickest possible or if it's the same as everyone else is getting (Most likely this xD). I basically do the input as B-F-D-B. I don't wait for him to walk at all before attempting the Cancel.

DaiHuu - Is it really worth it if you've got Deathstroke down? I get that more options are better but I have to ask, wouldn't it be more viable to block the spin then punish (Preferably by chucking them into the corner)? I suppose it's worth it though if for no other reason than training them. :)
Mmhm, it's better just to block, but you can cancel WCC as they go over you and punish the same way. Just about making the deathstroke panick.

Zachara

Noob
Yeah I was thinking that towards the end of my post (Hence the extra line) I just thought I'd put my collective thoughts on the matter down.
The main reason I mentioned it though is because taking chip is less that armouring through it (Herp derp blocking is less damage then eating it with your face xD). Either way I see we have similar thoughts on the matter (Which means I must be doing something right).

One thing I have to ask is how well does this work for corner pressure? For example - 11WCC xN. How interruptible is that? I was trying it earlier but my execution is not amazing and I kept tripping over myself. I managed to get about 3 reps going at one point but that was the best I could do. Going to try it a bit more tomorrow and if I can get it going a bit, record it and see what I can do about it (Same with the other strings). I'm pretty sure it's not going to be amazing once people see it a couple of times but I'm sure it'll catch a few people off guard in a very "WTF CAN I DO?!?" type rage. :)

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Mmhm, it's better just to block, but you can cancel WCC as they go over you and punish the same way. Just about making the deathstroke panick.
I just started a stick and default layup is way better imo. Why would i want to do a half circle motion when I can do 2 inputs (b+f) instead. Much faster to do 2 inputs. Any who, mesings around with this 112 WCC 112 dead hands MB for more pressure. Dont know if you can get hit out of it. Im sure a timely d1 at the very end of WCC could break your pressure, or a 3 hit string comes all the way out plus a link could blow you up. I have no idea on when the armor comes off of the WCC. Cause if you do WCC at max range into 112 you will get blown up cause the armor falls off at that range. Im pretty positive their is a frame gap between your armor and when u can start 112. help me test ;) pls

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Been messing with this and it seems really good, especially in the corner. 112 WCC aa throw, or 112 WCC 112 ex swamp hands etc. Trying to get down d1~WCC but can't get it 100 percent yet.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Yeah I was thinking that towards the end of my post (Hence the extra line) I just thought I'd put my collective thoughts on the matter down.
The main reason I mentioned it though is because taking chip is less that armouring through it (Herp derp blocking is less damage then eating it with your face xD). Either way I see we have similar thoughts on the matter (Which means I must be doing something right).

One thing I have to ask is how well does this work for corner pressure? For example - 11WCC xN. How interruptible is that? I was trying it earlier but my execution is not amazing and I kept tripping over myself. I managed to get about 3 reps going at one point but that was the best I could do. Going to try it a bit more tomorrow and if I can get it going a bit, record it and see what I can do about it (Same with the other strings). I'm pretty sure it's not going to be amazing once people see it a couple of times but I'm sure it'll catch a few people off guard in a very "WTF CAN I DO?!?" type rage. :)
Not that interruptable, if the person sees it coming, they can throw you out of pressure, so I always use it sparringly. There's a corner set up I use on knockdown with WCC that makes the person turn around, so if they wake up with anything, they hit the wall with it and I get a free 55% if I have a bar.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Not that interruptable, if the person sees it coming, they can throw you out of pressure, so I always use it sparringly. There's a corner set up I use on knockdown with WCC that makes the person turn around, so if they wake up with anything, they hit the wall with it and I get a free 55% if I have a bar.
WTF lol thats funny. So you never switch sides but opponent on the ground has their inputs turned around? Or do you WCC right on top of their feet or is there a jump in there somewhere?

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
WTF lol thats funny. So you never switch sides but opponent on the ground has their inputs turned around? Or do you WCC right on top of their feet or is there a jump in there somewhere?
Their inputs don't get switched, but they turn around, lol. You dash up and WCC on top of them. I won't say my specific set up though, ;p

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I just started a stick and default layup is way better imo. Why would i want to do a half circle motion when I can do 2 inputs (b+f) instead. Much faster to do 2 inputs. Any who, mesings around with this 112 WCC 112 dead hands MB for more pressure. Dont know if you can get hit out of it. Im sure a timely d1 at the very end of WCC could break your pressure, or a 3 hit string comes all the way out plus a link could blow you up. I have no idea on when the armor comes off of the WCC. Cause if you do WCC at max range into 112 you will get blown up cause the armor falls off at that range. Im pretty positive their is a frame gap between your armor and when u can start 112. help me test ;) pls
Because you can already be holding back when you input the half circle forward. If you use default and are blocking, you have to go to neutral and then do bf.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This is REALLY hard to react to in any type of lag

but when I had recorded different combo's into WCC and just normal WCC ... you can NJ or armor this VERY easily on reaction.

I'm not even a pro and the minute I see him stumble at me... I just MB b3..... I have a feeling that this will be more of a punish on frame traps than wakeups.

I've been trying to WCC into WC (for 6 hits of armor and to get in from full screen) and it works, but it's really hard to time, lol
I used this a few times on my friend who used sinestro, it's super helpful since i can armor through his spam
?

I think the word you are looking for is either zoning or projectiles.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
I've been trying to WCC into WC (for 6 hits of armor and to get in from full screen) and it works, but it's really hard to time, lol

?

Nah, I know a lot of fighting gamers who use the word spam, just some say it more than others.

Nah, I know a lot of fighting gamers who use the word spam, just some say it more than others.
Spam is people's way of saying that they cant handle any one given move in a game. For example in mk i've been told i spam fans (with kitana), but if they ever get in on them they'd see that i have a decent footsie game. Not my fault they cant deal with zoning. play to win.
Essentially it's a copout.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Spam is people's way of saying that they cant handle any one given move in a game. For example in mk i've been told i spam fans (with kitana), but if they ever get in on them they'd see that i have a decent footsie game. Not my fault they cant deal with zoning. play to win.
Essentially it's a copout.
The way you see it, that's the term. Even on streams they sometimes say something along the lines of "fireball spam" because that's what it is, a constant move that's being thrown out over and over.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
are there any videos of this tech in action? I might need to re-evaluate Grundy's position on my chart

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.

?

I actually mean spam, as in the thoughtless use of a repeated action. He just throws out projectiles without really thinking about what to use, the MB versions are annoying, thus WCC though it and punish.