What's new

Walking back

Jbog

Noob
why is the best nrs game strategy always walk back. Minus mkx of course. Games always boil down to who will finally approach, which is always at the aggressor disadvantage. Maybe forward walk 2x faster than back walk?

Immortal

Blind justice....
You described like 95% of fighting games. Nobody wants to whiff or be - first, that's common sense. Lets not even bring MK X into this, coz like it was already stated and proven that game was a total 50/50 shitshow with run lol.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
This take right here is something else. This is like one of those Injustice 2 takes I ran into playing Green Lantern. It’s like....yeah, dummy, I’m playing a whiff punish character with a fantastic fast, forward advancing low, easily hit confirmable for good damage.

The very best characters in MK11 are aggressive, pressure oriented, mix capable, good strike throw mix, fast mids and good pokes. There’s exceptions, like Cetrion and some others, but for the most part, pressing the action is a good thing.

All fighting games encourage walking backwards at times, but good players are constantly walking in and out of certain ranges to bait movement and buttons. Not to mention, that getting in with wave dashing is a big part of the meta in this game too.

I feel like OP mindlessly advances and/or jumps in and gets blown up and so has decided that “herp derp, walking back is cheap and OP!”

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yeah, all those Jacqui players that just back away and win every time.

Clearly Ed Boon hates rushdown :p

Or you know KP literally patiently stalking a guy Blocking everything on the way in. Of all the whining of MK11 this ain't it chief. Dbfz just jump back all day is wayyyyy worse. Sincerely learning how to stalk is super important.

Or you know KP literally patiently stalking a guy Blocking everything on the way in. Of all the whining of MK11 this ain't it chief. Dbfz just jump back all day is wayyyyy worse. Sincerely learning how to stalk is super important.
Meant Flawless blocking 90 percent of the projectiles on the way in

gitblame

Noob
Are we for sure talking about MK11? Imo in this game turtling gameplay, backing up, zoning and relying on life lead is the weakest strategy in general. I know there are matchups that have that issues but those are minority. In this game being cornered is the real issue. Forward movement is way better than backward movement. Chip damage can be avoided with flawless blocks. Zoners can never built a meter advantage. Jumps are dangerous. And life lead can be gone is mere seconds. Yeah, for sure we cannot complain about ppl laming us out in this game. If it happens it's 100% on you.