What's new

Question Wakeup EX Takedown in the corner

Vagrant

Noob
I did this at fight night against either Wafflez or GGA soonk

It went right through them and I was stuck in recovery frames. Leaving me enough time to contemplate suicide. Beware using this in the corner on wakeup I'm not sure what causes it. Slips I'm sure this has happened to you, any idea why it does that?

Edit: Heres the video it was against soonk. 20 seconds in. It wasn't on wakeup but it happened to me later on on wakeup as well

http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/b/368142498

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
What do you mean by "stuck in recovery frames" ? Did you phase through your opponent and freeze ?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I did this at fight night against either Wafflez or GGA soonk

It went right through them and I was stuck in recovery frames. Leaving me enough time to contemplate suicide. Beware using this in the corner on wakeup I'm not sure what causes it. Slips I'm sure this has happened to you, any idea why it does that?

Edit: Heres the video it was against soonk. 20 seconds in. It wasn't on wakeup but it happened to me later on on wakeup as well

http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/b/368142498
Now go play Sonya, and in the corner cancel any blocked move into military stance 2, and enjoy the fact that both of your characters can do this! Yay!

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I think it depends on the move that they happen to be doing when you do the wakeup ex-takedown. Some moves raise their hurtboxes allowing you to go right through them. As far as which moves cause this I'm not sure.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Its just the way the take down is. It will go right trough other characters in a lot of different situations. Usually it happens if you're really close and they happen to do an advancing armored move or an attack that goes over lows. You probably see it happen more in the corner because the other player is most likely pressuring you up close and trying to keep you there.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Still yet to happen to me, not that I'm saying it doesn't happen, by any means, might just be a bizarre coincidence. Personally I usually only EX Takedown on wakeup if I read an EX attack or something with good priority over invincibility frames. Anyone trying to go full retard thinking they can throw out whatever they feel like I don't really have any qualms about waking up with EX teleport, again, with an educated read.

I don't really implore any of this, there's no flowchart to any corner game, it's just the way Scorpion has to function in the current metagame, making reads against the opponent's attitude towards the matchup accordingly.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Yea there's a reason I hardly use enhanced takedown. Its just not reliable.