What's new

Tech Wakeup CatStance punishing Bane's Knockdown Pressure.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I'm back! Mad scientist here to serve King Bit and the Catwomen!

I'm looking at Bane, and we all know that her wakeups are useless against a great Bane that knows how to stuff her uninvincible wakeups (Max), and that his armor even blows through wakeup trait. We're stuck blocking, or getting our wakeups stuffed and we get combo'd/grabbed, into a knockdown where we do it all over again.

The following video shows some new ways to get out of Bane's knockdown pressure, even punishing him for it! While these are not perfect options, they are new OPTIONS that actually work in some conditions. And they work against Level 3 Venom moves.

Wakeup Cat Stance
CS1 = Risky punish for Double Punch. *tech roll first if possible*
CS2 = Perfect punish for Double Punch. *tech roll first if possible*
CS3 = Perfect punish for Command Grab, or escape. Also Risky punish for Double Punch.

Previously, against Double Punch and Grab, the only "options" were doing CatClaws which is usually stuffed, or just blocking or dashing/jumping out. Now we have 2 options that work very well against both of those moves, as long as you use the right one at the right time.

@GGA 16 Bit
@GGA Max
@Starcharger28
@CrimsonShadow

Last edited:

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
You know what...the Cat Stance 2 option actually really pleases me (don't get me wrong, I'd love for Cat Stance 1 to work ALL THE TIME) but I'll take the option to at least get him off of me. Good stuff as usual, Mayo.

(also, feel free to tag me for any CW related stuff like @Laos_boy does, I still rep her and take her seriously) ;)

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
I don't play Catwoman, but I wanted to stop in and say a couple of things.

1) Ever since your science of Quan Chi videos, I've appreciated the time and care you take into producing your content. The sound and video quality are always excellent and the commentary is factual and well thought out.

2) These look like legit options in a very bad situation for CW players. Great job finding this.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I don't play Catwoman, but I wanted to stop in and say a couple of things.

1) Ever since your science of Quan Chi videos, I've appreciated the time and care you take into producing your content. The sound and video quality are always excellent and the commentary is factual and well thought out.

2) These look like legit options in a very bad situation for CW players. Great job finding this.
Thank you so much for the words. I always try to make quality stuff. Even though I haven't done full production videos in a while, since I haven't had anything BIG to present.

For anyone who doesn't know that Quan Chi Science videos that he's talking about, here's one of them.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
This is awesome. I tried experimenting with this a while back but never got it to work. Thanks for this...
Even though I use Harley for this MU ;)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Thank you so much for the words. I always try to make quality stuff. Even though I haven't done full production videos in a while, since I haven't had anything BIG to present.

For anyone who doesn't know that Quan Chi Science videos that he's talking about, here's one of them.
Is it weird that this is probably my favorite of your Quan Chi videos?

Man....I wish Injustice had Quan Chi as a guest character instead of Scorpion...I'd never touch Batman again....

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Does wake-up cat stance provide any wake-up invuln? Like ask because most of us don't do raw armor, we do a lead-in into it to avoid MB b.3 troubles.